Alternative to the M3 lip spoiler

Me and few other members selected this spoiler that includes excellent paint matching and the cheapest overall spoiler for the money. You, almost, have nothing to lose at that price. I think there are a couple pictures from that post or ask for people that have the pictures to repost the picture. My camera is out of action right now.

I got the pretty much the same thing, but the one i bought has nicer shape to it. I paid $65 for mine.

Take a look

6122463923_a7e589dcf9_b.png

I really like the look of the Acura spoiler, who's pulling the trigger on that one?

What is the dimension on the ls lid?

right at 48" at the end, measured from the corners where the curve meets the flat side
54 1/4" at the base of the rear windshield
from the 2 corner points, the middle of the trunk lid sticks out about 2 1/4" and it has a slight lip built into the end.

Not being perfectly flat may complicate things. I understand its harder to mount the Gen 1 LSE spoiler on Gen 2's because the spoiler was designed for the Gen 1's flatter trunklid .

I really like the look of the Acura spoiler, who's pulling the trigger on that one?
That may be me. I was SOO close to buying an LSE spoiler, but I'm not convinced its the best style for the LS.
I wish I could "try on" one of the TL and the RSX spoilers down at the local spoiler store!

dammm someone pull the trigger lol

Ivan you're doing all this research, you should do it ASAP :D

Just finished installing the spoiler. I am impressed how good the color matches to my car. They did an outstanding job with it.

Anyways, i will post up pics tomorrow, next day.

Here is a picture i took with my iphone. Not the greatest, but i will grab some more with my camera tomorrow.

6134914613_5a8861cdaa_b.png

Please, don't put that park bench on your LS. Doesn't look good at all.
Get an LSE spoiler or an lip spoiler.

I've had to one similar to that if not that exact one on my car since I bought it. I absolutely hate it. The only reason I haven't taken it off is because I haven't gotten around to finding a solution for the holes in my trunk lid. But if you really want it man ill sell you mine.

Please, don't put that park bench on your LS. Doesn't look good at all.
Get an LSE spoiler or an lip spoiler.

LOL, I get our point! I like the lip spoilers but want something a little more agressive or that stands out a bit more. I'll probably take your advice. My search will continue! Park bench, I like it!

05 LS8, I haven't looked at any more since I searched through the Audi spoilers. I really do like the one's from the A4, Acura TL and TSX.

My only concern is fitting one to the LS's unique trunk lid shape. The reason I didn't buy an Gen 1 LSE spoiler was because they don't seem to lay flat on Gen 2's. I think they changed to a slightly more convex (higher in the middle) shape.

..plus there are so many to more to choose from!

05 LS8, you talked me in to it! I just ordered the same lip spoiler that you did. I like the looks of the rounded corners a little better than the square corners.

05 LS8, I haven't looked at any more since I searched through the Audi spoilers. I really do like the one's from the A4, Acura TL and TSX.

My only concern is fitting one to the LS's unique trunk lid shape. The reason I didn't buy an Gen 1 LSE spoiler was because they don't seem to lay flat on Gen 2's. I think they changed to a slightly more convex (higher in the middle) shape.

..plus there are so many to more to choose from!

Gotcha. At least you have some options, that's a plus.

05 LS8, you talked me in to it! I just ordered the same lip spoiler that you did. I like the looks of the rounded corners a little better than the square corners.

haha. It might take a day or two of getting used to, but you will love it.
Let me know if you need any tips on mounting....

05, how much gap between the spoiler and the edge of the deck lid is there? I like the design of yours, but am a little concerned that it doesn't go all the way to the edge.

Thanks,

Tru

haha. It might take a day or two of getting used to, but you will love it.
Let me know if you need any tips on mounting....[/QUOTE]

Makes me wonder if they have these things sitting around and painted already. I ordered mine yesterday and already have a fedex confirmation number that it's shipping today.

Lip spoiler installed! 05 LS8, thanx for the advice. I installed it a bit different than you did. I marked the center, and peeled the tape cover from underneath and just curved the spoiler to the curve of the deck lid as I went. I like it, glad I didn't get the park bench! LSE grille is next!

Lip spoiler 1.jpg

Lip spoiler 2.jpg

Lip spoiler 3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back