All you LLSOC Clubees

J3FF

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so we have LVC and LLSOC competing here. I know that LLSOC is only the Lincoln LS Club, and LVC is Lincolns and caddys, but what makes the LS Club...THE LS CLUB? Are there certain things you can see and get on there that us LVCers dont? I noticed a couple months back that someone took a picture from LLSOC, and placed it on here. Then, I think Ken told him it was LLSOC property and he could not be showing it on this thread. Im debating on whether to register or not. All you LLSOC people, please respond.

I can't imagine LLSOC having much more information than this site. LvC can answer almost all questions for a LS owner. Its a duel :F

It's not exclusive to the LS anymore. LLSOC now stand for Lincoln Luxury Sport Owners Club

Quik LS said:
been discussed several times -> the latest thread http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=21201

it's different - different group of people, been around longer, focused on one car for most of it's life. So of course there is more information about the LS.

It all depends what you use the forums for.

Well, I get more information from LLSOC than this site, but that's because the LLSOC site has more of the information I'm interested in, based largely on the demographic as Lou mentioned. There is a wealth of information on the LLSOC site -- moreso than here IMHO. Virtually every LS issue, concern, problem, or project has been discussed at LLSOC, sometimes at great length.

ToddG said:
Well, I get more information from LLSOC than this site, but that's because the LLSOC site has more of the information I'm interested in, based largely on the demographic as Lou mentioned. There is a wealth of information on the LLSOC site -- moreso than here IMHO. Virtually every LS issue, concern, problem, or project has been discussed at LLSOC, sometimes at great length.
So why do you come here? I mean you basically slam this site every chance you get, Todd. I get a little tired of this LLSOC vs LvC crap. As Joey said above, this isn't a competition. We each have a common thread which is the LS. Each has its own personality and let it be at that.

Hey, no one is forcing you to go to the LLSOC website. I am a member, but I have to admit to visiting this site more often. :) Having hosted websites for years, I also appreciate the time and cost associated with keeping a quality site operational. That is why I have contributed to the LvC site also.

I have never viewed the two clubs as being mutually exclusive. Each has its' own character, and focus. Both contribute to the overall data available to LS owners. I am a paid member of both. I visit this board more often, but also visit LLSOC when looking for specific information.

2002_LS_V8 said:
i think its stupid that i have to pay to view that website...

Well - I do not mind paying for what I use - I am a member of both. Hosting, Software and Bandwidth aren't free.

GrayGhost1 said:
So why do you come here? I mean you basically slam this site every chance you get, Todd. I get a little tired of this LLSOC vs LvC crap. As Joey said above, this isn't a competition. We each have a common thread which is the LS. Each has its own personality and let it be at that.

Well, where did that come from?

Ken, I don't "slam this site" every chance I get. The reason I and everyone else comes here is to exchange information about the car. Like you, I end up giving out more info than I receive, but I'm OK with that. I may be a bit critical of some of the posts made, and I do poke fun at the 18-25 age bracket (as they poke fun at the 30+ category), but I've never said anything bad about this site ever. I agree with you and everyone else that its not a competition, but a site with different member demographic who provide a different focus than LLSOC.

Ken - Jeff asked the question and is getting answers - why are you offended? You are a valued member of the LS community.

as I have stated many times - more LS sites - the better. They are all unique and different - and as long as we do not cross post to death - they will remain different - and that's a good thing.

Quik LS said:
Ken - Jeff asked the question and is getting answers - why are you offended? You are a valued member of the LS community.

as I have stated many times - more LS sites - the better. They are all unique and different - and as long as we do not cross post to death - they will remain different - and that's a good thing.
I'm not offended. Also, I didn't respond to Jeff's post. I responded to Todd's. However, I get real tired of this LLSOC vs LvC crap. People need to get over it. Pick one or both. I could care less which one is picked for whatever reason. IT IS NOT A COMPETITION!

right - Jeff asked the question, Todd answered it in his way - you jump on Todd.....

No one ever said it was a competition, and many belong to both. They are different.

Smokey said:
Hey, no one is forcing you to go to the LLSOC website. I am a member, but I have to admit to visiting this site more often. :) Having hosted websites for years, I also appreciate the time and cost associated with keeping a quality site operational. That is why I have contributed to the LvC site also.

And I thank you and ALL the LVC Gold Members for this - I am preparing to buy a dedicated server in about 2 weeks which should ensure our site runs fast for a long time to come. But that is an expensive undertaking. Its through contributions by the LVC Gold Members that I can pay for it. Your memberships are Mucho Appreciated.

Quik LS said:
right - Jeff asked the question, Todd answered it in his way - you jump on Todd.....

No one ever said it was a competition, and many belong to both. They are different.

Well someone did say it was a competition....J3ff's first sentence of the post "Ok so we have LVC and LLSOC competing here"

GrayGhost1 said:
I'm not offended. Also, I didn't respond to Jeff's post. I responded to Todd's. However, I get real tired of this LLSOC vs LvC crap. People need to get over it. Pick one or both. I could care less which one is picked for whatever reason. IT IS NOT A COMPETITION!

Well, its kinda natural for some to think of it as a competition. I dont, and dont want it to become that way. Both sites have alot to offer, and if I owned an LS I would belong to both. Just as I belong to a variety of car sites. Each has something different to offer. Both are credible and good sites to belong to.

On another note,
Personally, I dont agree with the "Pay before you can see anything" strategy, but thats their choice and up to them. If you dont want to pay, dont. You have your home right here.

beaups said:
Well someone did say it was a competition....J3ff's first sentence of the post "Ok so we have LVC and LLSOC competing here"

well - if the are going to quote it literally - "Im debating on whether to register or not. All you LLSOC people, please respond."

how many non-LLSOC members responded?

I belong to both - funny how many non-members commented.

i think both sites have their respective niche and each fills it well. what i fail to understand is if you own an LS why are you crying about 35$/year fee?

not to sound like a jerk but i bet each of you spends more on coffee each week.

excuse my ignorance, but who runs each site? who maintains them and where does the lvc and the llsoc get their contributions from and what are they used for.

I'm not sure, but, IIRC, Joey runs LvC; the revenue to maintain LvC comes from paid memberships and the advertising.

The Lincoln Luxury Sport Owners Club (LLSOC) is a Non-Profit Corporation run by the Board of Trustees of LLSOC (as of Jan 1, 2006). It is primarily supported by the dues paid by the members; I'm not sure if there are any sponsorships from outside entities.

Members online

No members online now.
Back