all the LS owners in ILLINOIS

I really want to design a motorized retractable plate,
They already make them for motorcycles so maybe you could fit a car plate on it and use that. They are real nice to have if your doing something wrong.

They already make them for motorcycles so maybe you could fit a car plate on it and use that. They are real nice to have if your doing something wrong.

Yeah I've seen a bunch but none of them are enclosed or flip like my design.

The ones that I have seen retract the plate into the tail of the bike just like a single din tv retracts back into your dash. Flip the unit around and put it on the front and it will be hidden in the front bumper.

Yeah I've seen a bunch but none of them are enclosed or flip like my design.

I was at a car show a few years ago. Guy had a '55 Bel-Air. The front plate was mounted under the bumper. Wired to an electric door lock switch. He would flip the switch. The plate would "pop" down. Hit it again, it would swing right back up behind the bumper. Cool as hell. Just given you an idea to work with.

Here's a pic of it afterwards:

plate2.jpg

plate.jpg

I'm at work right now. If I get a chance I'll try to pull off the plate so you can see teh elbow brackets.

I like that alot. Real clean job.

Pete, that looks good, but why drill into your bumper again instead of just zip tying it on there? Like this:

P4183517web.jpg

I've had it that way before. Mine never sit straight. This way it does.

I wonder if the laws in MN would let me get a custom Euro plate with my plate number on it. Then it would fit into the lower grille alot better.

I've had it that way before. Mine never sit straight. This way it does.

I wonder if the laws in MN would let me get a custom Euro plate with my plate number on it. Then it would fit into the lower grille alot better.

Weird, mine is solidly mounted to the lower grille and perfectly straight. Oh well. That is another good way to put it down there, and waaaaay better than using the bracket and mounting it to the face of the bumper.

I'd still rather not have any front plate though.....stupid law.

I have no idea about the euro plate. Probably not, but definitely worth looking into.

I would but this is my 5th no front plate ticket. The plate has to stay for now lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back