all the LS owners in ILLINOIS

JattGary

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I got pulled over for not having a front license plate. Does have anyone else have this problem that lives in illinois. I need to take a picture of a Black LS with my front plate on it. Can anyone with a black LS in the Schaumburg area let me take a quick picture so i can show them in court and save me $50 bucks.
Thanks

Just pay the ticket. It's just part of the cost of the no front plate choice. In Ohio we have the same deal, and on a previous car it would've looked terrible if it had one so I never put it on. It ended up costing my big (police always have a reason to pull you over when you don't have it, so you're taking a big chance). It's a crappy law though.

no its just this one time after next week i will have Michigan plate on my car.

I live in Illinios. I haven't had a front plate in 4 years. I have gottin one written warning for it. Mothers day 2006 in Fairview Heights Illinios. Knock on wood. "knock" "knock":rolleyes: .....

Two things you can do.
1.) Take a picture of your plate zipped tied on your LS.
2.) Get the mounting bracket. Show the receipt in court. Keep the bracket in the trunk. If you EVER get pulled over again about it. Show the officer the mounting bracket in the trunk with a BS story of just getting it and not having time to mount it. At worst, you get a fix it ticket that will dismissed, when you show them the receipt for the mounting bracket in court.

I had a Lincoln Continental bracket in my trunk. Gave a BS story about the dealer giving me the wrong bracket.:rolleyes:

i live in mount prospect but i have a silver ls sry dude but yeah just put it on and if ur going to show's or events take it off

thanks Rollin the cop told me it will be dismissed if i just bring a picture with the front plate.

Pay the fine.

Don't you think the courts are smart enough to match the photo of the plate and number to the number on the ticket?

$50 fine plus $100+ for filling a false document....pricless.

Wish I could be there for that. :rolleyes:

Pay the fine.

Don't you think the courts are smart enough to match the photo of the plate and number to the number on the ticket?

$50 fine plus $100+ for filling a false document....pricless.

Wish I could be there for that. :rolleyes:

I would actually put my plate on a black LS then take the picture buddy.

Last edited:
this is exactly the reason why I want to do it but can't though I'm gonna give this idea a try:

3082057_27_full.jpg

You could always go to a dealer after hours and do the picture taking if they have a black LS....buddy of mine did that for another car with the same problem.

You could always go to a dealer after hours and do the picture taking if they have a black LS....buddy of mine did that for another car with the same problem.

Thanks for this idea i'm gonna go check what my local dealers got on their lot tomorrow. I hope i get lucky lol

you could do what ROllin said and take a pic with your plate on the front. I would also take a pic with it on the rear, since you can't take a pic showing them on the front and back at the same time. Just leave the LS at home, or pay the ticket.

really dude?? it's 50 bucks. Just pay it and move on with your life. In my 2nd car I have the front plate propped up inside the passenger side of the windshield and have never had any problems.

Having your front plate in your windshield looks worst than having it on the front bumper. IMHO

really dude?? it's 50 bucks. Just pay it and move on with your life. In my 2nd car I have the front plate propped up inside the passenger side of the windshield and have never had any problems.

Thats illegal in Illinios. "Improper display of registration'. I got a ticket for that once.:rolleyes:

really? Oh well my bumper is really jacked up. Its not to make the car look better I just can't put one on, the bumper itself is barely on lol.

Yep. Sometimes having it on the dash can be worse than no plate, since it really stands out then.

On the same note, mother's day 2009 I was pulled over. Guess what for?

I told him "yeah, I know it's not up. It's right here in the back seat. kid was on his last diaper and didn't have time to throw the plate back on before coming into town to get more. It's going on when I get home."

Cop just said cool, be safe, blah blah blah.

I'm going to put it on though. I live in a small town, and see the same cops everyday. This is the second time in about 6 months I've bbeen pulled over for it. I don't know what the fine is in MN for no front plate, but I'd rather buy something I want then pay for a damn ticket.

I had gotten pulled over for no front plate here in WI a few times when I had my caddy. I hate the way it looks on the LS too, having the bracket and plate on. I really want to design a motorized retractable plate, kind of like how a in-dash dvd screen pops out. It would be great, cop pulls you over because he didn't see a front plate and then you just flip the switch and it's out by the time he asks you why it isn't there and then you get to tell him it IS there and he gets to feel like an a$$! HAHA that would be sooo great!

FALECF4 that would be awesome haha
and yeah like pektel said i rather spend my $50 on something that i need then a ticket.

jattgary, I'm going to be putting on the plate with 2 metal elbow brackets. It should put it in a lot better location (in the lower grille area.

I'll put up some pics tomorrow. I'll try to take some instructional pics too if you are interested.

jattgary, I'm going to be putting on the plate with 2 metal elbow brackets. It should put it in a lot better location (in the lower grille area.

I'll put up some pics tomorrow. I'll try to take some instructional pics too if you are interested.

Where are the pics?

Here's a pic of it afterwards:

plate2.jpg

plate.jpg

I'm at work right now. If I get a chance I'll try to pull off the plate so you can see teh elbow brackets.

Members online

Back