Airbag light

orion110483

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody Im new here.... Iv had my 2000 Lincoln Ls 3.0 for about a year now and for about 4 months my airbag light has been on, not sure what to change to make it go away, iv hooked it to a scanner but it didnt show any code that could help me. i have read that the clock spring would make the light come on and changing it would make it go off? any helpful ideas?

my controls work but everyonce in a while they dont ill try under the seat is their a certin place that i should look at there.

my controls work but everyonce in a while they dont ill try under the seat is their a certin place that i should look at there.

Just because the other things on the steering wheel work, it doesn't mean it isn't the clockspring. (Of course, it's easier to check the under the seat connector first.)

When you first turn the key on, the SRS light will flash out a two digit code a few times. What code is yours flashing out?

My controls work but every once in a while they don't ill try under the seat is their a certain place that i should look at there.

That is a sure sign of the clockspring failing. The controls work intermittently at first, then fail altogether.

I get the airbag sensor light sometimes flash and come on when I have a heavy set individual as my passenger. It's so weird it must trigger something..restart the car once he leaves and all is normal.

Thanks everybody for all your help that was bugging me for awhile... turned out to be a broken wire under the seat never would have figured that out if it was not for all of ya.

I'm getting the 32 code as well. Will this do me any harm if I don't fix it right away? Like deploy in my face while I'm driving? I also checked the wires under the seat and they look fine. I disconnected my battery for like 10 minutes and that didn't do anything either. Please let me know. If it is the clockspring, I'll have to wait till next pay day.

I replaced my clock spring because I had no horn...no steering controls..etc. After replacement I had normal operation...but the airbag light would still light intermittently. So I have found that if I go to the rear of the driver's seat and straighten out the yellow wire (and retuck it in another position) this causes the light to disappear..so obviously there is a short in this wire and I have to find a way to strip it and repair it...moving it in a different position takes the light out...but as I continue to move the seat back and forth in daily use..the light comes back on. Have to either replace my wire or find the short and repair it...not as aggravating as the CEL...but I want my airbags working should I need them. How hard is it to replace this wire..and what is it called..????

I replaced my clock spring because I had no horn...no steering controls..etc. After replacement I had normal operation...but the airbag light would still light intermittently. So I have found that if I go to the rear of the driver's seat and straighten out the yellow wire (and retuck it in another position) this causes the light to disappear..so obviously there is a short in this wire and I have to find a way to strip it and repair it...moving it in a different position takes the light out...but as I continue to move the seat back and forth in daily use..the light comes back on. Have to either replace my wire or find the short and repair it...not as aggravating as the CEL...but I want my airbags working should I need them. How hard is it to replace this wire..and what is it called..????

I don't think you need to replace it. Just repair the connection. Be sure to disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes before proceeding; you need to discharge the system.

am having a problem on my 05 town car I get a code of 33 on the airbags I tried disconnecting the 2 wire harnesses under the drivers seat and sprayed with wd40 and cycled them in and our 4 or 5 times and still have the code. Any suggestions on what to do next?
Thanks

am having a problem on my 05 town car I get a code of 33 on the airbags I tried disconnecting the 2 wire harnesses under the drivers seat and sprayed with wd40 and cycled them in and our 4 or 5 times and still have the code. Any suggestions on what to do next?
Thanks

The Town car and the LS have less in common than you might think. You will probably get more precise advice on a Town car forum.

Where were you advised to spray an electrical connection with WD40?!?!? HERE?!?!?

Members online

No members online now.
Back