Airbag Light?

Smitty_2000LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So i started my LS the other day and the Lil Air Bag light guy came on in the middle of the dash. It blinked a few times then went off. Thought it may have just been one of those Laughable LS bugs. Yesterday and today it came on, blinked a few times, then stayed on. Doesn't say anything in the bottom of the dash...but the light is still on?

Anyone?

You have to have it scanned, but not by a autozone. It has to be a snap-on or ford scanner, does it blink a certain amount before staying on? more than likely it is your clockspring, with an open drivers side air bag resistance code. my car had a open left airbag code, and in my particular case it had a broken wire at the plug-in going to the air bag in the drivers seat under the seat.

So i started my LS the other day and the Lil Air Bag light guy came on in the middle of the dash. It blinked a few times then went off. Thought it may have just been one of those Laughable LS bugs. Yesterday and today it came on, blinked a few times, then stayed on. Doesn't say anything in the bottom of the dash...but the light is still on?

Anyone?

More than likely its the clockspring, do your controls on the steering wheel (radio and cruise control) work?

yeah both sides still work...cruise control side and the radio side...

that is not a true test though. but if they did quit then I would say yeah its definately clock spring. it is common to just lose the part of the clockspring usually the airbag part, go figure the most life saving part.

that is not a true test though. but if they did quit then I would say yeah its definately clock spring. it is common to just lose the part of the clockspring usually the airbag part, go figure the most life saving part.

so true, how is the part that saves lives gonna go out lol, but yea check out the link quick posted it had some useful info

Anyone?

When is blinks, it is blinking out a two digit code. Count the flashes before and after the pause, and post it here. That will help determine if the clockspring, the under-seat connector, or something else is most likely to be the problem.

When is blinks, it is blinking out a two digit code. Count the flashes before and after the pause, and post it here. That will help determine if the clockspring, the under-seat connector, or something else is most likely to be the problem.

First sorry that i haven't replied to this thread...actually forgot about this one seeing as i dont drive my car everyday. It blinks a two digit code.

Blink Blink Blink..pause..Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink

and from what i am able to understand in what Quick posted the problem should be...

B1992 36 22 Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Battery or Ignition Go To Pinpoint Test T . ???

any ideas on how to remedy?

Check the wires under the seat. If you put the seat all the way forward you should she a yellow connector. Those are the wires you need to check. Mine was broken at the connector and cost $48 for the part. I also had my clockspring changed for $50 in labor at the dealer. My airbag light is finally off after 2 years!

right - from my link above:

The two most common issues are:
- the clockspring in the steernig colunm wore through and is either shorting or open - which provides the connection to the airbag in the steering wheel
- the connector under the driver's seat has broken - which provide a connection to the seat's weight sensor (partof the airbag system).

thread on the clockspring - > http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=6316

thread on the under seat connector - > http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7068

so start by checking the connector under the seat.... there is no easy way to check the clockspring other than to say you have checked everything else and so that must be the problem... It's $100+ for the clockspring so start with the under seat connector.

SWEET ! it wasn't the clockspring, it was the connector under the seat. Im gonna attempt to fix it, and make it look good. Im also gonna take pics of the process to post for ppl in the future who may have the same problem and are unsure of what to do about it. Thanks guys !

SWEET ! it wasn't the clockspring, it was the connector under the seat. Im gonna attempt to fix it, and make it look good. Im also gonna take pics of the process to post for ppl in the future who may have the same problem and are unsure of what to do about it. Thanks guys !

Ground yourself and be very careful not to set the airbag off while working on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back