Air ride questions

HTRDLNC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Got a quick question. At night, when I put the car up, I have noticed that I hear a click from the right front when I shut the door. When this happens, the next morning the air ride will be down all the way. The nights I dont hear it, the next morning the air ride will not be down on the car. What do you think this could be?

Keep in mind that the air suspension module or 'brain" will go to sleep an hour after the ignition is turned off. The car won't make any adjustments after this hour has passed. If your car is going down after this time, you have a leak in the struts.

The car will lower to what they call "curb height" after you get out of the car. It is possible that the reason it doesn't "click" when you get out sometimes, is because it doesn't need to. It is already leaked down by way of the leak.

The faster you repair the leak, the less money you will spend in the long run.
www.americanairsuspension.com

i have heard if you have one leaky back in the front when that goes down
at night the good back will be puled down becouse the sway bar link will try to even it all out or somthing like that
not shure if there is any truth to this but that somthing iv heard befor

Hi Welcome to LVC!

Sounds like AA-1 nailed it, curious though, you didn't specify what part of the car is down, all of it or the front end to where you see it in the morning and say Holy Crap!what does it do when you start it? I had let mine get so bad (not intentionally, didn't notice it!) that the front end would be laying on the tires in 5 hours!

I just did my fronts, not a hard repair if your used to it. Even got a good deal on the air shock/struts w/selinoid pm me if you want more info, I forget who.

AA-1 is right again too -Don't wait - you'll be buying a new compressor too!

Again, welcome, you couldn't have made a better modification to your ride than LVC

Debi

all i can do is say stay with air dont conver stay with air dont conver :)

MsM8tress, thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to getting alot ideas for mods and building a good network of loyal Lincoln owners. I have only owned mine for about 6 months and havent really done anything to it yet except for cutting the mufflers off and puuting a set of MTX 12's in the trunk, and I have removed the air horn so she can get a good breath when I put my foot down. BTW, where might I get some of those stickers you have on your window? And to specify, the whole car will be down, front and rear...

AA-1, I know what ya mean about catching it early, but my pump is already shot. I have heard it more than once cut off and on, and to hear it run sometimes is just horrible. How about I bring the car over to you and let ya fix it for me, aint but about 4 hours away... Any ideas on what can cross reference for the pump, like one from a town car maybe?

Sorry HTRDLNC, I did something to my back several years ago and I don't work on many cars because of it. The struts and/or compressor is not dificult to say the least.

As far as the pump goes, no other pump will fit in your car. The pump you need has to be made specifically for a Mark VIII.

Anyway, the Town Car pump is the wimpiest one of the fleet. ;) The Mark VIII is one of the strongest.

If you look all the way down at the bottem of the site there is a "LVC Preferred Vendor's"
Strutmasters.gif

give them a call their Tech guys will help you find out what you need

arnott.gif

F-with the bull you always get the Horns

American Air-1 said:
Me and "buddylee" had it out on another site. Can you tell?
You mite I've had it out but I just stated the facts.

funny how you don't name markviii.org or cals gay ass name here .

If you ask strutmasters to match e-bays price and you will be happy.

Thanks, Sweet arn't they! I got them at my LVC hazing at the meet last month when I became a Gold Member. You wouldn't believe what I had to do to get them!!!!!!!

lolol just kidding,I got a t-shirt too! I can't remember if I they came with the Gold Membership, I looked for the thread and couldn't find it, so I will hve to get back with you.

Again, Welcome and enjoy

MsM

I have bought parts from american air ride and I have been very pleased there compressor is good, spider valve, and struts I have bought from him. If they didnt meet my standard I woundnt have gone back to buy more parts, thanks eddie

I'm picking my car up tomorrow from getting a new air ride compressor, and can I just say, thank god for warranties! With the deductible and the sales tax I'll walk away for $120.

Between the radiator I had to have replaced and this, that warranty has paid for itself.

I stand by Eddie at American Air Suspension as well. His knowledge is second to none, he isnt a "salesman" at all. He is a genuine, good-hearted individual who saw a flaw in today's 'air ride industry' whereas the products that were available were limited, and costly.

I have NEVER encountered anyone who has actually done business with Eddie, and came through with a negative comment about his/her experience.

As far as "mentioning other web sites", that comment should be edited, Buddy. You havent been around long enough to know much about these cars, let alone the history of the message boards, air ride suppliers, and the likes.

I am sure the "paying" vendors here will also vouch for Eddie Spinks. They all know he is an honest, hard-working, knowledgable vendor. Sure, his operation is smaller than most of his competitors, but you know what? Often you get what you pay for...I'd pay an extra 10% anyday, if I knew no matter what, there'd be someone standing behind the parts, and there to help should things go wrong.

As far as diagnosing air ride problems, visit American Air Suspension's web site. There is a FREE trouble-shooting guide on the site, as well as detailed explanations as to the inner-workings of the air ride system.

remember folks, just because a supplier isnt a paid vendor here, doesnt mean they havent donated just as much on other sites.

Buddy-PM coming.

Thanks guys. For the record, I tried to become a "paid vendor" and was turned down siting "we're not interested". No reason given.

My signature was edited not to have my phone number or ANY company info.

BlackIceLSC said:
I stand by Eddie at American Air Suspension as well. His knowledge is second to none, he isnt a "salesman" at all. He is a genuine, good-hearted individual who saw a flaw in today's 'air ride industry' whereas the products that were available were limited, and costly.

I have NEVER encountered anyone who has actually done business with Eddie, and came through with a negative comment about his/her experience.

As far as "mentioning other web sites", that comment should be edited, Buddy. You havent been around long enough to know much about these cars, let alone the history of the message boards, air ride suppliers, and the likes.

I am sure the "paying" vendors here will also vouch for Eddie Spinks. They all know he is an honest, hard-working, knowledgable vendor. Sure, his operation is smaller than most of his competitors, but you know what? Often you get what you pay for...I'd pay an extra 10% anyday, if I knew no matter what, there'd be someone standing behind the parts, and there to help should things go wrong.

As far as diagnosing air ride problems, visit American Air Suspension's web site. There is a FREE trouble-shooting guide on the site, as well as detailed explanations as to the inner-workings of the air ride system.

remember folks, just because a supplier isnt a paid vendor here, doesnt mean they havent donated just as much on other sites.

Buddy-PM coming.

Do they still have the "BlackIceLSC Special" at American Air Suspension??

Members online

No members online now.
Back