air intake tube

K*A*B

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
have there been a couple designs of the factory intake tube
in all of the pics i see they are kind of smooth and rectangular
mine is more rounded looking and has a bunch of restrictive looking stands running down the middle of it , i guess they are used to quiet them down
i took off the resonaters and silencers , sealed the holes up but still have these stupid looking blockages in the tube

i did , i was just wondering if 2 different tubes exist or if all the tubes i see in the pics are custom

You have the earlier model with the 'dimples' in it just like the current one that I have now. There is nothing you can do about it, unless you cut the intake tube open at those 'dimples' and fiberglass the holes closed......like I plan on doing...... :Beer

will the later one fit under the hood still , i have a later one coming , i wonder if there will be a performance difference

what ive heard is it does not really give any "noticable" performance... but it will give better air flow, and nice growl as well.

ONEBADMK8 said:
No difference at all.
Maybe not but looks a lot better...

engfront.jpg

K*A*B said:
i need to change it anyway mine is broken , but it does look better

How'dya break it? I found them pretty tough cutting and welding on them. :wrench

Ya I want to get rid of mine I think it looks horrible wheres a good place to get it LMS?

Ya BTW every thing AIR INTAKE to Air Filter I just want to replace I'm thinking Ice Box K&N, and the Air Intake?

1996 Mark VIII

2-0
:L

driller said:
How'dya break it? I found them pretty tough cutting and welding on them. :wrench
i screwed the nitrous nozzle into it at a little to much of an angle and it started rubbing the hood :Bang , now it has formed a couple cracks in that area

unstoppable said:
OR you could make a pimp azz one out of steel.
i was going to do that , but even when it is coated it holds way more heat than the plastic one

Members online

No members online now.
Back