advice for modding

defflepp1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so i just bought a 94 mark VIII and so far its great apart from problems that i have already posted. anyway i wanted to know what are some real easy and inexpensive way to mod it for performance. ive heard about taking the air silencers out but im not sure what i would use to fill the holes. so if anybody has any ideas about cheap easy performance mods i am all ears, thanks.

i was more so thinking stuff that i could do for free or under about $100 i know theres not gonna be much but there should be at least a little

Remember, this is and will always be a heavy car. So 'modding' for performance will be relative.

Unless you have the big bucks to do the engine/tranny/suspension rebuild. :)

Oh, and welcome!! This is a great site for all things MarkVIII. Good luck with your vehicle, they are still some of the nicest looking cars on the road. :)

+1 on the J-Mod and while you're in there, replace the 1-2 / 2-3 accumulators and springs for the 98+ transmissions. This should prevent shudder before it gets started because once it starts, it only gets worse.

I have always liked this order:

1. update maintenance (plugs, wires, synthetic fluid changes, remove intake silencers etc)
2. window tint
3. exhaust
3. stereo upgrade
4. tune
5. wheel\tire upgrade
6. brake upgrade

1. update maintenance (plugs, wires, synthetic fluid changes, remove intake silencers etc)
2. window tint
3. exhaust
3. stereo upgrade
4. tune
5. wheel\tire upgrade
6. brake upgrade

thats about it, i skipped 2 & 3 tho. tint was illegal (except back 3 and that just looks silly) till recently, and i dont need any more hassles from the man. and not 3 yet cuz i like the stock look and mine kinda have a slight rumble to it, 172k lol

Isn't it funny how brakes, a rather important item to have always seem last to be upgraded.

Now that I've done other things to my car, I too am at the end of the list... brakes.. Just seems odd :D

Isn't it funny how brakes, a rather important item to have always seem last to be upgraded.

Now that I've done other things to my car, I too am at the end of the list... brakes.. Just seems odd :D

it is always this way...but atleast the mark viii has decent brakes.

My fox...or even worse my old VW, 4 manual drum brakes.

2. window tint
3. exhaust
3. stereo upgrade
4. tune
5. wheel\tire upgrade
6. brake upgrade

Funny..I was joking about the tint.

I guess my list would be more like this
1. update maintenance (plugs, wires, remove intake silencers front end rebuild, air ride repair, sensor lower)
2. stereo upgrade
If you have any money after that.....
3. tune
3. Gears\drive shaft
4. exhaust
5. wheel\tire upgrade
6. Converter\trans
7. power adder. NOS..blower...etc.

Somewhere in the middle....sell car and by a different Mark and start over.

Heres my upgrade list
1. Tear car into a million peices in a storage unit.
2. start with the interior, completely pull it all out........haven't gotten this far yet.
3. suspension
4.gears.
5.brakes
6.motor.
7.transmission.
8. make sure it starts.
9.Paint
10.wheels

Meh, I did the brakes before exhaust and blower.

Members online

No members online now.
Back