Actual Supercharger build thread.. Pics inside..

It would be badass if you could do an aluminum degas bottle.

I think the billet cap from the mustang bottles will work already.

if you are using aluminum - i believe TIG is the proper welding choice - no? MIG is still to hot for most aluminum.

Your correct.. With the thickness of aluminum, I should be fine.. I think the MIG I'm using also has the pulse function too..

It would be badass if you could do an aluminum degas bottle.

Maybe when mine finally dies.. :rolleyes:

I should have lots to show after the weekend.. Next weekend, I should have most of the fab work done.. Maybe I can even get some of those 1st Gen cooling pieces made for some peeps.. :rolleyes:

^
I guess I'm a terrible lier.. :D

100MEDIA_IMAG0083.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0084.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0085.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0090.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0091.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0092.jpg

I'm having extreme troubles finding mandrel bent aluminum pipe.. I can rent a TIG so I'm all set.. Just need to get this bent tubing and weld it all up and put it together..

Holy hell FAST, you're moving man! Looking amazing over there. I give you major props for tackling such an involved project man. Keep it up, we're all rooting for you!

-Matt

Not to come off like a jerk but your air to water units your blowing all your air thru (3) 1/4 inch wide slits 4 inches long!! Holy bottleneck.

Not really worried about pressure drop.. As stated before, the m90 can put out a lot more than I can use.. plus, using one for each side.. they're little though..13x4x2.. and the inlet is 2.5..

GO Fast GO ! Its awesome that your tackling a super charger on an LS ! Can't wait to check it out in June ! It is going to be ready for June right? If the Mid-Michigan meet is still on .....

I'm having extreme troubles finding mandrel bent aluminum pipe.. I can rent a TIG so I'm all set.. Just need to get this bent tubing and weld it all up and put it together..

I found several outlets for aluminum bends when I googled it some time ago. I didn't properly make note of the business names, and I don't have time right now to do it again. If you continue to have trouble, I'll try to help later today!

KS

Most progress ive seen on any performance mod since ive joined the site.

When I commit to something, its getting done! Lol

I found several outlets for aluminum bends when I googled it some time ago. I didn't properly make note of the business names, and I don't have time right now to do it again. If you continue to have trouble, I'll try to help later today!

KS

It wasn't the problem of finding it, the problem was finding it for the price and time.. Some had a lead time of like 2 weeks.. I found some on eBay that I bought but the pipe isn't as thick as I wanted so ill have to do some bracing..

you sir are a badass! i cant wait to see this done. also someone please tell me about the mid michigan ls meet. im new here but ive got a nice ls and im in mid michigan.

Why oh why is all the supercharged people going with screw type and not a centrifugal? I am dying to know.

Members online

Back