Actual Supercharger build thread.. Pics inside..

I use a standard Ford partnumber drive belt - meant for a truck - but was the correct length. IF your asking for opinions, I would keep it simple and simply get a longer belt.

Its really good to see your still on the forums from time to time Quik. Your an LS hero and your LS is an icon

I will be getting the pipe bent and tacked into place tomorrow.. :)

i dont know much about adding a SC to the 3.9 v8. i guess my question would be. is it posible to find a jag 4.0 and use the whole belt/belts system off the jag 4.0? on the 3.9

Which would be more money and more fuss than I would be willing to put into it..

IF your asking for opinions, I would keep it simple and simply get a longer belt.

I was and I value the input.. How did you 'de-rib' the belt from a 8 to a 6? Do you just run a knife 2 ribs in?

yep - just ran a utility knife in the groove to split it - it's easier than it sounds.

Why? I was first reading it I thought you were going to say that you thought you were going to blow your engine

LOL @ the overpriced wilwood stuff.

looks nice but doesnt really stop all that much better than stock.

looks nice but doesnt really stop all that much better than stock.

So your telling me a bigger rotor with a 4 or 6 piston caliper is going to stop the same as a smaller rotor with 2 pistons? :cool:

Nice stuff no doubt, but stick to the engine! ;)

I hear ya.. But maybe, just maybe, I can find enough money to finance tires for the wheels, all the engine work, AND the new brakes.. :D

I read it somewhere on here that the wilwood setup stops 1 foot faster than the stock setup.

A foot doesnt seem like its worth spending 5K.

You could build a Wilwood setup for tons cheaper.. I found a way and when I do it, I'll post up about it.. You could do a front Wilwood setup with Wilwood calipers and rotors for around 600.. Hints why I wanna jump on it.. lol

A HUGE RANT AND A BIG JOKE!!!:

So I went up to Marquette (Home of Marquette General Hospital and Northern Michigan University) today to get my pipe bent and tacked up for test fitting.. I first went to the "machine shop".. They tell me they don't have a bender and referred me to an exhaust shop.. The way they were talking, I expected a nice shop and a nice bender.. Ohh no, I walk in and it takes 20 minutes to even catch someone's attention (which didn't really bother me) and he finally took me into the shop area.. He walks me up to this hydraulic bender that looked liek it came from the 80s.. Anyways, he started bending and got 2 good bends.. On the 3rd, it snaps in half..

So I ask around and everyone tells me that is the place to go.. Sorry to tell everyone but my friend in my hometown of 3,000 people has a 1000X better bender than that.. So I burnt 25 in gas and didn't even accomplish anything today.. I can't find anyone in Marquette to bend aluminum pipe..

So what does this mean? It means that my project is again on hold until I can get back home, go to my friends shop, and use his mandrel bender..

Sorry for the rant and rave; I'm just so pissed I'm about to give up on the project! :mad:

Fabricating a manifold

Hey Fast---

Do you have a read on the cost for a pair of the adapter plates I see in your photos? It's been suggested that the composite factory-sourced intake manifold will not be up to holding the pressure of a serious load of boost. There is a degree of likelihood of at least flexing if not actually coming apart.

Aston Martin uses an aluminum casting, but they are VERY proud of theirs, and it looks to be too tall without some sort of hood modification. It might make better sense to fabricate instead of going that spendy route.

Your plates look to be a viable foundation for such a fabricating project.

KS

Yessir.. I'll call them tomorrow because they were suppose to give me a price break down and my last part I need.. I used a Jaguar bottom adapter and made a flange for that (because Jaguar's intercooler bolts to their flange).. I am bending the pipe to weld to that flange that I had made.. You could do the same and run all the pipe to some centered square tubing.. Then have your throttle body come off the front like the Gen 2s

'Lil update.. I couldn't manage to get the pipe bent without it breaking so I'm either going to buy them pre-bent off the internet or use the pipe I have and "weld a bend".. Good news though.. I don't have to wait on other people anymore! I'm buying a Miller MIG this weekend! :runaway:

Got the final piece from the machine shop for the thermostat and it fits perfect.. Tuner is in the mail and I should have it by Friday. Intercoolers will be sent out tomorrow. :cool:

if you are using aluminum - i believe TIG is the proper welding choice - no? MIG is still to hot for most aluminum.

Members online

No members online now.
Back