acceleration problem

clay

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Looks like u know about the ls and I have a question for u please.....just want to know why when I accelerate a red light light ticking on my steering wheels and my rpm block to 2 but if I go slow everything works fine ?:0 Lincoln ls 05 v6 3.0l 97.000miles thanks.for reading this.sir P.s if the ticking red light tick to much car shut down with a wrench light on ???

when I accelerate a red light light ticking on my steering wheels and my rpm block to 2
there shouldn't be any lights on the steering wheel other than the cruise control and radio lights.

is this light in the top center of the cluster (if so then you are probably just on ice and the traction control is kicking in ), is this light the check engine light?

P.s if the ticking red light tick to much car shut down with a wrench light on ???

also ticking is more of a sound, lights should be quiet but bright, they are more prone to flashing. but if your motor is ticking, STOP DRIVING THE CAR!

since you dont have a message center, im wondering if this wrench you speak of is your version of fail safe mode (youll have to wait for a 6'er owner to say for sure as I'm just guessing)

if you are trying to say that you have a flashing check engine light, STOP DRIVING THE CAR!

regardless, its probably your coils...

The wrench symbol is ETC failsafe for the V6. It almost certainly means that he is getting some misfires.
All the coils and all the spark plugs need to be replaced (must do both at the same time).

I assume that he really meant a yellow light with a spinning wheel symbol flashing in the cluster. If so, that is the traction control kicking in. It may be that the road is slick or tires bad and it really should be kicking in, or he may have a bad wheel sensor.

Definitely sounds like coil(s) misfire, would need to read the CEL's and see if there is more or something else going on.

Need a clear explanation of what's going on here ... sounds like this LS needs some TLC, making sure it's capable of breathing and delivering fuel properly.

Stomping on it like that from a stand still and it bogging down like that could be a multiple of things going wrong.

Coils & plugs, clogged up air breather, clogged up fuel filter, vacuum leaks, wrong fuel etc.

~ Put a OBDII code reader on it and see what it reports.

Coils are suspect as always (these LS'es are notorious for eating coils.)

Thx to you guys for your reponse appreciate....so a made a little video about the ticking red light I was talking please take a look its only 2 m video if you have any idea it will be great sharing with me :p http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec1BK2cP1EE Sorry for me English again -_-

That red light is some aftermarket garbage alarm or something. I would take that out asap. Check to see what code is stored.

edit- Actually maybe the code will just say failsafe mode was activated. Normally, interference from a bad coil will cause the fail safe mode, but with that aftermarket crap it could be an electrical problem.

Ok so I have to change every coil and plugs...is that a expensive job or..?? And for the aftermarket crap light why is he always ticking when I give gas when turning or accelerating ??? Look like this.light know I have a problem and he telling to not give to much gas?? And thanks to give me hand appreciate!!

Ok so I have to change every coil and plugs...is that a expensive job or..?? And for the aftermarket crap light why is he always ticking when I give gas when turning or accelerating ??? Look like this.light know I have a problem and he telling to not give to much gas?? And thanks to give me hand appreciate!!

Do you know if the coils and plugs have been changed already? It definitely wouldn't be a waste of money, even if it's not your problem. That aftermarket alarm could be the problem though, you could look under the dash and see what's under there.

Do you know if the coils and plugs have been changed already? It definitely wouldn't be a waste of money, even if it's not your problem. That aftermarket alarm could be the problem though, you could look under the dash and see what's under there.

next week im going to change all of my coil and plug thanks and hope its going to be fine ....thanks sir for giving me a clue I'll give you new and last question how many dollard it can cost for me to get it fix?? and every normal mecanician can do this job or better to go at (the dealer) 100$per hour its a lot of money:S

next week im going to change all of my coil and plug thanks and hope its going to be fine ....thanks sir for giving me a clue I'll give you new and last question how many dollard it can cost for me to get it fix?? and every normal mecanician can do this job or better to go at (the dealer) 100$per hour its a lot of money:S

Replacing coils and plugs can be a diy. You just have to remove the intake manifold for the v6. $300+ just for parts.

Please attend to the alarm problem, or have someone look at it. I've seen some messy installs, it could be the problem.

I'll check at this alarm but for now it plug and ignition coil and after ill chek the alarm cost I heard its very expensive electronical mechanic so I'm going to stack my money a little bit :p but really thank you taking your time to try to find what's wrong with my car appreciate !!!!!

first, what ever that light is, Lincoln didn't put it there, and what ever it is hooked up to should probably be removed.

its very strange that an aftermarket alarm would have symptoms only while the car is going into fail safe. who really knows what it is, but figuring that out and what its doing needs to be a high priority.

it sounds kinda like a relay being triggered on and off a lot when it happens. dont really know hoe the car going in to fail safe would cause the an alarm to freak out like that.

second, your eyes are designed to see wider than tall, and all of us have wide screen monitors. for all future videos, you should hold the phone sideways. this will make it much easier to watch, and it looks 100x better. you cant see everything in the cluster at the same time, in wide screen, you could see the cluster and the light all at the same time.

That wouldn't be some sort of rev-limiter or shift light, would it? I would thing there is a reason the light is pointed at the driver. Turning the wheel may have shorted out one or more of the wires. The first thing I would do is remove the trim pieces (two screws on the backside) and check out the wiring. Also, that's an odd place for an aftermarket alarm indicator.

That wouldn't be some sort of rev-limiter or shift light, would it? I would thing there is a reason the light is pointed at the driver. Turning the wheel may have shorted out one or more of the wires. The first thing I would do is remove the trim pieces (two screws on the backside) and check out the wiring. Also, that's an odd place for an aftermarket alarm indicator.

I usually see them near the headlight switch or in that area. It was probably easier to put it on top of the wheel because that piece is easy to remove.

don't do the coils now. the first thing you must do is remove what ever that light is and what's connected to it and then if it happens again then do the coils. you don't have to go to a electrician mechanic all you need is a good place that installs aftermarket alarms and have them check it out for you its way cheaper. do that first then report back to us if the misfires are still happening then we will recommend what to do next.

step1 remove all that Sh*t with the light.

also take a pic of your alarm key remote is it aftermarket or the ford OEM that will tell you if you are actively using the aftermarket alarm or not.

alright next week I will find a aftermarket guys who can chek my car thursday or friday so stay tune imma going to give you news and tell u if it clear my problem ...thanks a lot all you guys for giving me all that good information appreciated and ill try to give you picture of my remote!!

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

ahaha -__- i get the message :p I bring my car to a guys know what he s doing he said that all the origin computer in my Lincoln have been change he plug a scanner to and he saw that i have misfire from my coil 5 4 i think and he detect a code c..? what is a code C??? and he cut a wire connecting at one of my ignition coil... and my red light stop ticking !!:D so guys tell me the right things thanks a lotttt guys !! next week i make my coil change!!!

ahaha -__- i get the message :p I bring my car to a guys know what he s doing he said that all the origin computer in my Lincoln have been change he plug a scanner to and he saw that i have misfire from my coil 5 4 i think and he detect a code c..? what is a code C??? and he cut a wire connecting at one of my ignition coil... and my red light stop ticking !!:D so guys tell me the right things thanks a lotttt guys !! next week i make my coil change!!!

Excellent news. Make sure you do ALL the coils and plugs. You don't want to have to chase failing coils for the next year!

Members online

No members online now.
Back