Accelerating

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When ever I Accelerate, The engine light comes on. I have to stay below 3000 rpm if I don't want the light to come. I had it check and nothing came up on the codes, He said that the Exhaust manifold was not shutting off. He made the light go away by doing some engine on and off tests.

Thank you

804072_34_full.jpg

mark0101 said:
When ever I Accelerate, The engine light comes on. I have to stay below 3000 rpm if I don't want the light to come. I had it check and nothing came up on the codes, He said that the Exhaust manifold was not shutting off. He made the light go away by doing some engine on and off tests.

Thank you

What do you mean the "the exaust manifold not shutting off"?

I think he meant that some thing wasn't closing in the exhaust

Maybe something to do with the EGR Valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)... Does that ring a bell? The only thing I can't make sense of is the RPM's...?

engine light

HI everyone,
newbe here thought i could help
my 94 mark did the same thing, dealer said it was the o2 sensors problem went away after they were put in :V

I'd scan for codes. Autozone does it free.

I am guessing either:
02 sensors
IMRC malfunction
EGR problem.

faulty 02 sensors will lie and tell the computer your car is running lean, so the computer will richen the fuel mixture, causing stinky cats

failing IMRC operations will cause the IMRC's not to open at 3000 rpms, and throw a CE light

failing EGR will cause a CE light under accelerating conditions. But without the actual codes, ...needle in a haystack.

Last edited:
Thanks to everone. I am going to the dealership today. I will tell you whats wrong

Is this the O2 senor, the car started rising and highering the rpm gauge when on drive

Members online

No members online now.
Back