AC not cooling now

So here's an update for everyone:

Got the compressor out, inspected the pag oil, no metal shards whatsoever, nice!! Changed the compressor, and accidentally overcharged the AC ( I can tell bc it's ice cold on rural roads but the highway it kicks on and off so there's too much pressure)
Gonna try and go without ac until I get home and then I'll recollect the Freon and bring it down to a normal pressure. I know there's still a slight leak somewhere because it couldn't hold a -30 psi vacuum, so I'm going to let it go a couple days and then look at it with a UV light because the new pag oil has dye in it, and once I find the leak I'll collect all the Freon, filter it, fix the leak, change the drier, make a new vacuum to verify then refill with my recollected Freon.

If it won't hold full vacuum, then there's no point to charging it.
How much R-134a did you put in? (It should be 28 oz.) I really hope that you put in Suva (R-134a) and not Freon (R-12)!
How was it that you showed metal flakes in the compressor oil, but now you say that it was clear?

It was suva, we just call it Freon, bad habit! I think it's because my neighbor used a bad hose when we originally checked and used pliers on that hose because I dumped the compressor oil into a clear plastic bowl and there was no shavings at all, it was clear (spare some dirt from our hands). I only filled it to be able to get the new oil and uv dye following thru. I only plan to run it a couple days to let it leak a little (it was only a very slight leak) and then go around with a UV light, recapture all the r134, fix the leak and then bring it all back in again.

So Joe I need help sourcing a line. I think the line on the right side that goes out of the compressor is leaking. There's no leak coming from the compressor itself, but there's oil drops hanging on the line. Can you help me source the part please?

So Joe I need help sourcing a line. I think the line on the right side that goes out of the compressor is leaking. There's no leak coming from the compressor itself, but there's oil drops hanging on the line. Can you help me source the part please?

Should be: 6W4Z-19D734-B. Looks like a number of places have it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back