A rightful Mark VIII successor?

BIG ROLLER

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Not saying that that LS isn't a nice car because it just was never a real successor to the Mark VIII. And maybe it wasn't suppose to be. I don't know?

But this new possible Lincoln could be. The MKR Concept.

If they were to build it it would share the platform with the new 2015 Mustang which will have IRS and also the engines with the new Coyote 5.0 and also the Ecoboost.

I like the style of the car. I just have never been sure about the full glass roof like some new Mustangs have had before.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/might-lincoln-get-a-4-door-mustang-based-sedan/

mkr-concept.jpg

Give it the new coyote motor and rwd and it will be a winner.

Give it the new coyote motor and rwd and it will be a winner.

TOTALLY :cool: Bring back a RWD Lincoln with lots of V8 power and people will bite. I've seen older guys driving around new SS Camaros. They'll drive a Lincoln too. Just watch. ;)

BUT, I have to agree. What if it hails?? :eek:

Mark IX :cool:

replacement for Mark viii

Its called two doors too many.Got to be a two door.Its got way too much grill and the glass over the top is over the top.Pass.

Seen it. The MKR concept came out in like '09 or '10 I think. Looks great though. But like has been said before, two doors too many. To be a true successor to the Mark series, it must have two doors. A Mark cannot be a sedan. Having 4 doors would make it just another Lincoln sedan (albeit a superior Rear-Wheel-Drive Lincoln sedan:D). The MKR had an early prototype version of the EcoBoost 3.5L twin-turbo direct injected DOHC Duratec V-6 with something like 410hp if I'm not mistaken. But the engine was facing the proper direction and driving the correct wheels. Unfortunately, it's based upon the S197 Mustang platform which means it has cheap-a$$ struts in front (very unbecoming of a Lincoln). I believe the prototype did have an intependent rear suspension setup, however. Unfortunately, this car never made it past the prototype stage, despite rave reviews from just about every car magazine on the planet:eek: Ford apparently just doesn't have any desire to improve the Lincoln brand even though the luxury car buying public is clamoring for good RWD V-8 powered sedans. Oh well. Lincoln's future? R.I.P.:(

P.S. This, in my opinion, would be a more fitting successor the the Mark VIII:
Mark 9.jpg
The Mark 9 concept car. It came out in the early 2000's and was beautiful. I love this car. I'm sorry, but Ford is run by a bunch of pansy dumasses. They build these wonderful RWD concept cars (MKR, Mark 9, Mark X, 427, Interceptor, Forty-Nine, among others), to taunt us and then they disappoint us by producing stupid little wrong-wheel-drive imitation cars after dangling the tantalizing prototypes in front of us like a carrot to a horse. It pi$$es me off. That's why my loyalty to Ford is waning. I'll continue to drive Ford/Lincoln/Mercury cars as long as I can find a good used RWD car. But I'll never buy a new one (unless they bring us the Falcon...I'd take out a second mortgage for that car!!!).

Mark 9.jpg

make a 2 door and make it seat 5, and give it the new 302. It's time for lincoln to come to thier senses, all the other luxury brands have a performance coupe. What the hell are they waiting for? The time for playing it safe is over, this car is nice but it is not quite the successor to the the mark VIII.

It will never happen. As long as Ford is run by a bunch of limp wristed nancyboy pansy bean counters, we will never see Lincoln return to its former glory. I fear Lincoln along with Ford will soon be relegated to the annals of history as just another generic FWD econobox company with no significance other than the Mustang and F-150 to distinguish it.

I LOVED the Mark 9 concept car back in the day. That was one hot car!

Honestly, I'm not too impressed with this new concept car's styling. It just looks goofy to me, and the whole 4-door thing isn't cool either. I hope they don't give it the Mark name, personally. Granted, it wouldn't be the first time there was a 4-door Mark, but in my opinion, the Mark should be a 2-door.

Oh, and Thaywood, remember the Continental concept car from about 10 years back styled after the 61-69 suicide door models? That was a good one too.

I LOVED the Mark 9 concept car back in the day. That was one hot car!

Honestly, I'm not too impressed with this new concept car's styling. It just looks goofy to me, and the whole 4-door thing isn't cool either. I hope they don't give it the Mark name, personally. Granted, it wouldn't be the first time there was a 4-door Mark, but in my opinion, the Mark should be a 2-door.

Oh, and Thaywood, remember the Continental concept car from about 10 years back styled after the 61-69 suicide door models? That was a good one too.

Oh yeah! I do remember the Continental Concept Car. That thing was fabulous! It too never made it past the prototype stage even though everybody who ever saw it thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and it graced the covers of just about every car mag on the planet with the tag line: "The Car That Could Save Lincoln". Ford's run by a buncha dumasses.
2001_lincoln_continental.jpg 2002-Lincoln-Continental-Concept-1.jpg 2002-Lincoln-Continental-Concept-3.jpg untitled.JPG
I just love postin' pics of awesome cars!!!!

2001_lincoln_continental.jpg

2002-Lincoln-Continental-Concept-1.jpg

2002-Lincoln-Continental-Concept-3.jpg

untitled.JPG

Saw this killer rendering on another forum. With the GT350 coming out following the base model and GT with a supercharger or maybe even turbos the whole platform for Lincoln to build this car is there. Not only could they have the big FI 5.0 (rumor is could be a bigger engine) but also the ecoboost. Either the 3.5 or 2.3. I would rather it have the 3.5.

wcjmec.jpg

wcjmec.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back