98 mark VIII code P1409

azjim

LVC Member
Reaction score
any one know how to fix this Iam stumped usely can figuer them out but not this one 98 87000 still runs good

EGR vacuum regulator solenoid circuit malfunction. It's mounted on a bracket over driver's side valve cover, right above the cop cover. Should be 2 vacuum lines and a 2 wire electrical connector plugged into it. Check the electrical connector first.

thought on Gen 1 it was located in same place
heel no, it's behind the motor, drv side of TB..prolly worse than IAC, TPS r/r...one plus for gen 2's is relocation of those elements....
---
iirc, on gen 1 (96) smog pump solenoid is adjacent PCV, drv side above, errr. ROCKER cover, lol

heel no, it's behind the motor, drv side of TB..prolly worse than IAC, TPS r/r...one plus for gen 2's is relocation of those elements....
---
iirc, on gen 1 (96) smog pump solenoid is adjacent PCV, drv side above, errr. ROCKER cover, lol

I thought smog pump Solenoid was infront of the harmonic balancer.. bolted to cross member/ radiator support. I could be wrong.. and Oh yea, the EGR valve is behind drivers side head.. forgot.. im thinking of the vacuum lines on the valvecover drivers side.

This code is talking about the vacuum regulating solenoid which controls vacuum to the actual egr valve by way of what the pcm tells it. I would check to see if it got unplugged, as they almost never go bad.

thanks guys it was a broken wire so it was intermittent thats what throught me off thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back