97 Mark VIII LSC, modded

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Lost interest in the car, and looking to move on. Some of the more long term members are likely familiar with the car.

Currently sitting at 144k miles. Purchased with 106k almost four years ago. Black on tan LSC

Good:
-Full hub swap with cobra brakes (S/D rotors) last year. All parts were new and didn't cheap out on anything.
-Saturn5 braces welded in
-Xcal2 with custom tune
-JMOD trans
-Aluminum one piece shaft
-FRPP 4.10 gears/ cobra trac lok
-18" black deep dish bullits with polished lip (18x9 255/35/18 up front 18x10 285/35/18 rears)
-Asham8 module installed
-80mm MAF with removed air silencer
-Summit Racing coil packs
-Valve cover gaskets replaced
-Eclipse in-dash GPS/CD/DVD head unit
-HID conversion, 10k setup
-Front suspension rebuild. Not done yet, parts go with car all TRW/MOOG

I'm likely forgetting other things that have been done

Bad:
-Will be needing a repaint, paint is faded around moonroof and passenger C pillar
-Front end could use rebuild (parts provided)
-Blend door needs to be done

Asking $4200, have much more into it, but we all know you never get back what you put in. Email me at tbrdracer46@comcast.net or call/text 720-982-3458
IMAG0143.gif

IMAG0141.gif

IMAG0149.gif

SSPX0130.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

That is why I posted here first before going to craigslist.

Also remembered when I did the hub swap I installed two new OEM half shafts. Boot was torn on one.

Appreciate the comments guys, have gone back and forth a lot about keeping the car, but think I am ready to move on. Course I debate myself every time I walk up to it sitting in a lot. Just don't have time these days to to finish it off the way I want.

Stack- I'm looking to move on from Mark's. Wasn't aware you had a CE.

Forgive my ignorance, but what:
-does the 80mm MAF change?
-are Saturn5 braces?
-is an Asham8 module?

Forgive my ignorance, but what:
-does the 80mm MAF change?
-are Saturn5 braces?
-is an Asham8 module?

More Air(Intake)
Stiffens up the chassis- Braces bolted to specific areas of the undercarrige to tighten up the body.
An electronic gizmo that allows you to raise/lower the Air suspension.

Might be more to each mod but thats the quick run down of them.

These guys answered well. Saturn's braces made a big difference in my car. Should be standard on all modified Mark's. Combined with bigger/better rubber, made corners much more fun.

Appreciate the comments guys, have gone back and forth a lot about keeping the car, but think I am ready to move on. Course I debate myself every time I walk up to it sitting in a lot. Just don't have time these days to to finish it off the way I want.

Stack- I'm looking to move on from Mark's. Wasn't aware you had a CE.

I can understand that... I am trying to get out of both of mine...

I'll be back for sure :)

This car is an almost twin of mine, color and mods.

I even need paint and a blend door..:eek:

GREAT DEAL...would cost twice that to duplicate.

Good luck with sale.

Twice the price atleast to duplicate. I haven't been able to bring myself to actually add all the receipts for a hard total. :lol:

I'd rather pay more for new parts and know it will be far less hassle. Noticed a slight idle fluctuation issue last few days. Will be swinging to Ford tomorrow and grabbing a new IAC as well.

Funny how that works. Not sure if I will be back, but never say never.

Stack, do you know what you are moving on to yet?

I've always been into a bunch of different stuff... Euros right now

I am fixing up a 95 M3 right now

Who knows what I'll end up in a few years :)

I REALLY want to build a Silver State Mark VIII

If the right donor comes along then it shall happen

Bump

Dropped to $4000. Tired of seeing the car sit since I really don't have much time to drive it lately.

Reloaded pics, but can't edit original post.

IMAG0143.jpg

SSPX0130.jpg

IMG_0629-1.jpg

temp_2_zps6f490a7c.gif

temp_3_zps9a9da0b5.gif

I'm brand new to this site as i'm in the market for a Mark VIII, and the price on yours is good, but with as much as i know (still learning and researching) the mileage kind of scares me on yours with 140k... What do you mean by needs a front end rebuild ? What parts for that do you have, and how soon does it need it ?

Car looks very nice, I'm located in Phx, AZ. and currently looking at one LSC locally with only 73k miles.

Front-end rebuild means that he's replaced a lot of the rubber parts that tend to dry-up or wear-out.

As far as the miles, don't expect miracles even on a 70K car; remember, this is a 16-17 year old car.

Members online

Back