97 Mark Presidential.....how rare?

indust82

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I bought a beautiful 97 mark8 presidential edition. I consider myself a huge lincoln fan, and when I saw this car it was obvious that I'd never seen another like it. I've seen plenty of 'presidential' towncars and continentals, but never a mark. Does anyone have an idea of how rare my car is.

P1010243.jpg

P1010244.jpg

The "presidential" edition was a dealer add on, not a factory option. Basically what that means is the dealership that had your car, added a few things, maybe some pinstriping, a carrige top, maybe some additional wood trim inside, and slapped the 'presidential' crest on there themselves, thus making the car seem more valuable.

Last edited:
So your saying it's possible that the car came out of the factory w/o the rag top? I didn't know dealers did so much.

indust82 said:
So your saying it's possible that the car came out of the factory w/o the rag top? I didn't know dealers did so much.
Yes - the dealers are now even adding 'The presidential edition" carrige top to the LS and CTS !!?

indust82 said:

Im saying its all but guaranteed that it left the factory without the top or the presidential emblem - thats a dealer add on. Dealers will do that just like they add sport packages --- its just a way for them to boost the price a little more and make the product a little more attractive.

mespock said:
Looks nice! Always great you you have something that is different or stands out.

Does this mean the President drives :steering a Lincoln LOL!!!
I like it on the Mark but I don't like it on the town cars. Why did president's use to drive in a Town Car before and now they drive in a Deville? (I think Bush was the first to start riding in a Deville)

mark0101 said:
I like it on the Mark but I don't like it on the town cars. Why did president's use to drive in a Town Car before and now they drive in a Deville? (I think Bush was the first to start riding in a Deville)

thats just the red-neck in him .

I like your car its cool. let me guess FL?? anyone ever seen any other than white.

anything that will cost a dealler say 800 and they can char you 2500 for they will do man

buddylee said:
thats just the red-neck in him .

I like your car its cool. let me guess FL?? anyone ever seen any other than white.

If you are referring to the car with the ragtop, it's not white, it's the cream color, lincoln call's it pearlesent ivory i think. I picked up some of the lincoln center cap badges and placed it over the presidential seal. It makes it look a little less like a grampa's car. I have pics somewhere. And as far as other ragtops I've received one messege from someone on this site who owns a mark ragtop (i think his was gen1), mine was the only other one he's seen. And i personnally have never seen another. (and i see lots of marks living in florida).

well not alot of pply that are willing to pay for somthing like that probly LOL

yeah, i agree. I'd never pay for that from the dealer....but i'm far from being able to buy a car from a dealer. When i picked her up i paid about average market value....maybe a couple of hundred too high. But the uniqueness of it was worth it.

mark0101 said:

Each President gets to choose his limo brand when he takes office.
Leland named the brand after his longtime hero Abraham Lincoln, for whom he had voted in 1860 in the first presidential elections he was eligible for. Lincoln had a long history of providing limousines for the U.S. President. The first car specially built for Presidential use was the 1939 Lincoln V12 convertible called the "Sunshine Special" used by Franklin D. Roosevelt. It remained in use until 1950. A 1950 Lincoln Cosmopolitan called the "Bubble Top" was used by Presidents Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy and once by Johnson. It was retired in 1965. The Kennedy car was a 1961 Lincoln Continental convertible. It was in use from 1961 to 1977, having undergone extensive alterations which made it an armor-plated sedan after Kennedy's assassination. A 1969 Lincoln was used by Nixon and a 1972 Lincoln used by Presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush. A 1989 Lincoln was the last Presidential Lincoln as of 2004. Cadillac supplied Presidential limousines in 1983, 1993 and 2001.

it has jumped back and forth for a long time.
i only fear the day an "American" pres chooses an import limo, :Bang

mike

Members online

No members online now.
Back