97 lsc muffler replacement?

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well i've had the mufflers off for awhile and trying to decide what to put in there place now that i have some dough rolling in...I was taking a peak at these

20770ue.jpg

Inlet: 2.25"
Outlet: 2.25"
Overall Length: 22"
Body Length: 18"
Body Type: 3.5" Round

Just a basic res/glasspack. $22 shipped each on e bay..I still have to measure but these should come close to fitting w/ a little work. The reasoning behind this is i want it just a tad quieter then straight pipes but louder then stock. Is it worth it or should i just get reg 2.25 pipe and extend it to my factory tips??

I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ALOT SO PLEASE DONT SUGGEST ANYTHING OUT OF THIS PRICE RANGE. Gracias.

P.s. I'm still rocking the 3rd cat and plan on keeping it.

When I bought mine it had a set of cherry bombs in the rear just like those. It wasnt loud but you could hear it more than stock and to my amazement sounded good. They have been replaced for a true dual 2 1/2 in all the way back. To bad you don't live closer I would just about give the old exhaust away.

Maybe...Do they have the tips on em or no? Doesnt matter just 1 less thing to weld...Get my mo yet for the button? I sent it out last friday...

And what did they sound like if ya used them? And price?

3rd cat is a major restraint on the flow...i would suggest an X or H in place of that, before you do mufflers

I have pretty much the same muffler on my 98,
Sounds slightly aggressive, and i still have my 3rd cat... Can't afford a welder yet

They should sound good. Just make sure you hack off the 3rd cat and put in a X or H pipe. Unless you do it will probably be too tame for your liking.

If i were to put the stock muff's back on and delete the 3rd cat how would it sound vs stock and or vs straights?

Just a thought.

If i were to put the stock muff's back on and delete the 3rd cat how would it sound vs stock and or vs straights?

Just a thought.
That depends on what you want it to sound like. If you want it to sound stock but just a hair louder then yeah, sure.

Just a thought.
It would basically sound just like stock except ever so slightly louder. You probably wouldn't be able to hear much if any difference. I'd ditch the stock mufflers anyway cause they're bad for flow. Get some straight-through mufflers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back