95 Mark VIII Custom Imola Ice

If Iam not mistaken. The cast crank has 6 bolts on the crank where as the forged crank is 8 bolts. Just count the bolts on the back of the crank where the flywheel bolts up. Maybe you could post a pic of the rear of the engine.

Original sticker $43,000. in 1995
Current blue book in this car's condition- $3017. (and yes that is NOT running)
HIDs- $1000.
Hood, paint job for hood, and interior- $800.
Paint Job- $8800.
Rims/Tires- $3000. +
Pioneer Stereo and dash work- $600.

The mark viii engine isn't a cobra engine, it is the engine from which the cobra's was inspired. A mark viii block doesn't = cobra motor. Hids aren't, and have not been, $1000 for a long time. A decade old paint job with signs of wear is not really a bragging right, 7 year old tires are worth nothing even when they aren't flat spotted from sitting. Put a price on the car, stop eluding to the value. Don't try to trick people who also own and mod the same cars. These numbers dont add up, you are seriously inflating values here.

If you honestly think anyone here will consider that a non-running Mark VIII is book valued at $3000 you have sustained a major head trauma, KBB is far from acurate, take a look at some prices from cars which actually sold. A very clean and dependable 1st gen is barely in the $3000 range. Not to say this car is scrap, however, it is just an inoperable car that once looked nice. Get over that fact and you might sell it.

This car's value lies in it's owners opinion, as a custom car. You have a hard sale ahead of you if you want high dollar prices. There are two niches you have to market, and you need to find a buyer who is in both of them: cars that dont run and custom cars, most people who want a dead custom car want to get a bargain. If you want the price of the rims back when they were hot sh*t, fine, great. List a dollar amount.

Just put a value on your ad as asking price and let people know that's where you start talking. Don't get defensive when potential buyers feel like you are being shady when you get cocky when they ask questions. I'm sure you'll be pissed off at this reply. I apologise for seeming at all abrasive. If you want the car sold, I'm just trying to advise you, I do it for a living. You ought to take a second read-thru, revise your listing and advertise it honestly.

The bottom line is, people shouldn't make negative comments regarding someone's sale. Moderator's should take note of this.

Telling the seller they have "head trauma" and are glorifying their sale, then making an offer in a proceeding post, is not only wrong, it's in bad taste.

I said you may have head trauma based on a hypothetical, if you cant understand my context, that's not my problem. You are glorifying and overstating, and you get butthurt every time someone calls you on the bs you are trying to pull. You aren't even following rules required to sell the car and your trying to call in the moderators? Maybe this entire abomination of a for sale thread should be aborted. You got your panties knotted over taking offense at nothing. Oh, and I have never made an offer on your crap, never will, glws...

I thought I'd share this:

96-98 Cobra Cam Specs:
Intake: Primary Lobe 196 duration (at .050)/ 390 lift
Secondary Lobe 206 duration (at .050)/ 390 lift
Exhaust: 196 duration / 390 lift (at .050)
114° LCs

Mach 1, 03/04 Cobra, Aviator, Marauder, 93-98 Mark VIII, Navigator.
Intake: 184 deg @ .050"/0.394" lift
Exhaust: 196 deg @ .050 / .394" lift
114° LCs

The Cobra has a different oil pressure sending unit and oil filter adapter as well as flywheel & oil pan.

Members online

No members online now.
Back