95 Mark VIII Custom Imola Ice

Ice8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Many of you will remember me as "1Iced8." I'm selling my 95 Mark VIII. The car is fairly custom with a $10k Imola Ice Chameleon paint job and scoop hood.

The car hasn't been run in 7 years. There is a blown head gasket. I also have a NEW FACTORY engine for the car. There are just too many things to list here.

If anyone remembers me, and or is interested in the car, feel free to contact me. I'm finally considering an ebay auction, but at this time I'm taking offers on the car and the engine.

I'll be getting updated pictures, and I'll even put up a Youtube video of the car.

I'm now married with two boys so I've finally decided I'll never have time to bring this car back, so here it is. :)

Car is located in Guilford, CT

I remember when Ray was offering this car up on the site a long time ago... I almost bought it back then... wish I had the money, I would buy it in a second.

I would love to is it back up and running.

Ray was one of a kind. I miss him.

The car has between 104k and 124k if I remember right. Like I said in the video, I'll have to eyeball the odometer when I have a chance.

Folks, keep in mind you may be able to afford this car. It has a $10k paint job and I'm considering letting it go for less than I originally paid for the rims. Drop some offers. ;)

nice car,I love that hood, could you give me the link of where you got that scoop from? I want to do something like that to the hood

ahh its the cobra r hood..i like the way a nice cowl scoop looks on the mark 8 hood, might do that idk.

Unfortunately, no trades for this car. If that's the case, then I'm keeping it. ;)

Picture of the car and engine I found:

Car.jpg

Engine.jpg

Wouldnt that be nice :rolleyes:

Well he was asking 5gs in 05, so I feel that is fair given the cracked bumper and scuffs on the rear bumper. He said the paid $4400 for the rims and says he will let it go for less than he paid for the rims. He could prolly sell said rims and tires for a G-note. So he would get 4 stackes for the for car when he would have took 5 back in 2005.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but a main selling point for this car is the paint job. That being said, I don't think seeing a set of wheels on the roof would make me confident in the condition of the paint.

I'm still thinking on offers I have coming in.

The paint, save for the few scratches I mentioned, is perfect. The same imperfections existed on the car in 2005.

Those are not rims on the car. They are mine, and my wife's, winter tires that I just put up there to conserve space.

Just to keep a bit of perspective:

Original sticker $43,000. in 1995
Current blue book in this car's condition- $3017. (and yes that is NOT running)
HIDs- $1000.
Hood, paint job for hood, and interior- $800.
Paint Job- $8800.
Rims/Tires- $3000. +
Pioneer Stereo and dash work- $600.

Those are just the big ticket items.

The factory engine would be $8k-$10k from ford. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see $2k- $2500. from it.

Keep in mind, if someone purchases this, with the engine, they will essentially have another cobra engine that can be either fixed, or used for parts.

I understand where some people are going with this, but at this time, I'm not interested in parting this out. I'm looking for someone who wants to make a fair deal, and recognizes some of the value there.

I'd like to see the car go to someone who wants to use and restore it- really. I'm available to talk on the phone anytime, just pm me.

I remember when Ray was offering this car up on the site a long time ago... I almost bought it back then... wish I had the money, I would buy it in a second.

I would love to is it back up and running.

Me too.
It was a sticky when I joined.

I wanted the engine. :D "somethings never change"

Anyhow, best bet to sell this car is here or LOD.
It was made to your taste, that makes it a hard sell.
IMHO, your best bet is to put a number on it that you have to get.

Maybe find some local members to help you put your zero mile engine in it, then sell it.
If you can bring yourself to do it after its running, my guess is you will want to keep it, you have a lot into it.

I'm still thinking on offers I have coming in.

The paint, save for the few scratches I mentioned, is perfect. The same imperfections existed on the car in 2005.

Those are not rims on the car. They are mine, and my wife's, winter tires that I just put up there to conserve space.

Just to keep a bit of perspective:

Original sticker $43,000. in 1995
Current blue book in this car's condition- $3017. (and yes that is NOT running)
HIDs- $1000.
Hood, paint job for hood, and interior- $800.
Paint Job- $8800.
Rims/Tires- $3000. +
Pioneer Stereo and dash work- $600.

Those are just the big ticket items.

The factory engine would be $8k-$10k from ford. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see $2k- $2500. from it.

Keep in mind, if someone purchases this, with the engine, they will essentially have another cobra engine that can be either fixed, or used for parts.

I understand where some people are going with this, but at this time, I'm not interested in parting this out. I'm looking for someone who wants to make a fair deal, and recognizes some of the value there.

I'd like to see the car go to someone who wants to use and restore it- really. I'm available to talk on the phone anytime, just pm me.
In the video you state the engine was from a Mark, yet here you state it's a Cobra engine. Which is it? They are not the same engine.

And just to make this clear, the engine that comes with the car has not been ran or turned over since 1997?

In the video you state the engine was from a Mark, yet here you state it's a Cobra engine. Which is it? They are not the same engine.

*sigh* member since 2010 and 11 posts and you feel the need to jump in at this time and make comments....mmm shill

The engine is a 4.6 DOHC All aluminum head, all aluminum block from 96/97. From my understanding, it is the teksid italian block. It is a FACTORY, original, FORD engine. Not a rebuild- not a crate. It has the original seals on the imrcs and original serial number sticker. For most that know, in 93 the 4.6 DOHC 280hp engine that went in the Lincoln Mark VIII was the prototype for the Mustang Cobra- errr 95? if I remember right. The engines are identical save for, from what I understand, some minor port and valve work. So yes, this is considered a Cobra engine.

The engine was purchased by me in 2005 by the service manager at Crest Lincoln/Jaguar in Woodbridge, CT where it had been kept in temperature controlled storage for several years. Since then it has been garaged and covered.

The engine in the car has not be ran or turned over since late 2003. Where you got 1997 is beyond me.

Neither my post count, nor my member age have anything to do with knowledge of the subject. The DOHC in the Lincoln is NOT the same as a Cobra engine. It shares many parts yes, but also has distinct features which make it different. The most obvious of those is the highly sought after forged 8 bolt crankshaft. The Lincolns got a cast 6 bolt crank. Cobra got different cams; ports and valves are the same as the Lincoln. The intake was also different, but that is not on your engine, so it's a moot point, but the fact is you are trying to present this as a Cobra engine and it is NOT a Cobra engine.

In your video you stated the engine was a from a Lincoln/Jaguar dealer purchased for a 96-97 Mark and the guy never picked it up. This was why I asked for clarification.

I was interested in this until I read your reply. I may be reading out of context, but you seemed rather bothered by my simple questions as if it were painful to have to answer them and then try to use my post count as a means of insulting my intelligence. Good luck with your sale.

Members online

Back