90 M7 LSC Special Edition (Black)

fordspeed

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought an M7 to go with my two M8's because thats what I really wanted but couldnt find one at the time. Im a long time fox body lover so I like the squared up lines. My goal will be to find a white bill blass or lsc to drive to work and get the one I just got ready for some friday night bracket racing. So I will eventually be selling the M8's . They are way faster than the 7's but I can change that with a few bolt ons. My question is about the Arnott conversion springs. I saw them on Ebay for 3 something bills. Do those springs actually fit on the air bag control arm without the pocket? Should I get the peices needed from a Mustang or T bird instead? I want it lowered ,so Im going to have to cut them anyway. Does anybody make a cowl hood . If not whats the best looking ad on cowl that someone has grafted on? What is a good sized tire for the rear on stock rims for some meat out back?

I just bought an M7 to go with my two M8's because thats what I really wanted but couldnt find one at the time. Im a long time fox body lover so I like the squared up lines. My goal will be to find a white bill blass or lsc to drive to work and get the one I just got ready for some friday night bracket racing. So I will eventually be selling the M8's . They are way faster than the 7's but I can change that with a few bolt ons. My question is about the Arnott conversion springs. I saw them on Ebay for 3 something bills. Do those springs actually fit on the air bag control arm without the pocket? Should I get the peices needed from a Mustang or T bird instead? I want it lowered ,so Im going to have to cut them anyway. Does anybody make a cowl hood . If not whats the best looking ad on cowl that someone has grafted on? What is a good sized tire for the rear on stock rims for some meat out back?

eh. unless your air suspension is totally shot i wouldnt ditch it for conventional springs. do a thorough search here, fordvschevy, and lincolnsonline. you'll find all kinds of info on the topic. those who are for it and those who arent. and a few who've done it and regretted it. theres a few members like you who built some hot-rodded marks and have gone as fast as 10.90's on the stock suspension. its better weight transfer with bags.

Im quite a few paychecks away from 10.90's. Things arent as good as they used to be. How much more does an M7 weigh compared to a fox body mustang in the same trim ( drag race set up, no a/c, p/s, one race seat, weld wheels, etc..?) Please dont flame me for ruining a collectors item , because this one was not a gem by far and was not worth restoring to stock. Now the white one that is on my list will be pampered and left stock. Can the double U joint be
eliminated?

One of the things that Ive done while going through the car is to lower the front a little more than the 3 position tab would let me. I raised it in the air with the front suspension hanging. I cut off the top part of the tab and pulled the sensor out to max and welded the tab out and down so that the sensor is in the middle hole but still out further than it was in the last hole. I could lower it more but I would have to unhook the sensors or put limiting straps on it to keep from breaking the sensor when the car is unloaded. I asume that this has been done before but you never know. I thought I would share. It took 15 minutes and lowered it 1/2 . Looks good. I also found some wheels that just came out and Im waiting on the rear ones before I can take pics.

I agree that the car hooks great on the air bags, but springs come in all types and rates and can work alsome..I converted my vii to springs and love it..I also installed all new poly bushings and used 94 mustang lower front a arms and springs/struts/brakes/rotors and arnott springs.. The car handles great close to an F1....

Sweet ride. I will most likley do that to my DD when I get it. Im going to eventually bypass the module with switches and lower it where I want for drag racing and pics.

I havent had time to do the begining stages of mods yet but I did get the wheels and tires mounted at my shop in what little spare time I have. When I get done fixing up the V8 mountaineer I just bought for my son to get to high school, I will start sheding some weight on the M7 and get some pics with the wheels on. Its going to be light but creature comforts will be nonexistant. I think I found a white M7 to drive to work anyway , so I will have all the parts off the black one to fix anything the other one might need.

Goal , To make it as fast as it looks.

DSC01111.JPG

DSC01108.JPG

They are the Sumitt Racing Drag Thrust that just came out. I saw them online and I googled them and didnt find any cars that had them on yet, so I decided to be one of the first. I am very happy with them. They copied the look of those expensive weld wheels on the prostock cars that are gold in the middle. The skinnies are much stronger than welds , so you dont have to worry about breaking them on the street. The fronts are 4x15 with 165r 15's. The rears are 8x15/ 5.5 bs with 275/50/15 MT drag radials.

DSC01038.JPG

hey man,thanks for the car. i love it.the drive back here i had all kinds of looks,heck the counter girl at the hotel we stayed at last night thought it was a $10,000 car, i laughed and told her...the look on her face was priceless. i have ordered a 4.5 fiberglass hood from that company you sent me.i have added a cold air intake.she is sitting in the garage now.her new home.

got a question...
do you know what gears are in it?

thanks again, she is in good hands now,to me she anit that bad,little rust repair and fix the door panels and drivers seat and alls good.

Im glad it went to a good home , and to someone will finish making it a beast . I cant wait to see it with the cowl hood . It has 3.27 gears from what I remember. With my financial situation latley I tend to dream up more than I can afford. keep us posted on progress.

will do...i am going to have to change the gears to 3:73's or 4:10's until the hairdryer gets attached.

it now has MSD ignition( that really woke it up), flowmasters( no cats) and some of the electrical problems fixed.i will be removing the power seats in favor of maual mustang seat(front) and the back will just get recovered in clothe.i will keep the pw but the pls and ps bottons on the doors are going bye,bye.i am going to build a new plate to cover that area where the controls were.it will probably be made out of brushed aluminum and powered coated black.all chrome on the outside will be blacked out,except the wheels.working on converting it to mass air.it might also go 5 speed.

i think the tranny is going south.it shudders at take off now.that sucks,this was my daily driver.i guess my f150 lightning project will be put on hold,guess i'll be doing a 5 speed swap.

Yeh I have to do a 5 spd conversion on my Mustang. I get tired of doing them after awhile. It does pay off when your done and your rowing through the gears.

heres some recent pics....notice the msd cap and dis...next is plug wires and plugs. it also has a msd coil,flowmasters,no cats and thats about it for now.

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

heres some recent pics....notice the msd cap and dis...next is plug wires and plugs. it also has a msd coil,flowmasters,no cats and thats about it for now.

one suggestion. ditch the cone filter and get a fenderwell cai kit. that filter is doing more harm than good by drawing in radiant heat from the radiator and engine bay. dont let the few mods you've done be negated by heat. heat kills power period.

thats just a temp thing...where the filter and battery is twin t4's will be there soon.and a 5 speed is going in very soon,got my pedals today.its also getting a stroker motor in the near future,331 or 347 dont know which yet.anyways heres the pedals.

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0594.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back