$50 Race HELP!

Wouldn't the spare tire and/or subs over the rear axle help with take off? I thought that was why a lot of people moved their batteries to the trunk. Kind of like putting sand/salt bags in the trunk in snowy weather to get better traction. I would think cutting the wieght somewhere else would be better like removing the passenger seat. If he grips, oh well, after all you don't know what mods he could have done to his car since the last time you raced.

didnt read his name.. anyways.. dont fret over it.. take out stuff in the trunk that will hold u down.. increase ur air flow.. maybe some high end spark plugs? that octane boost might help.. but minimally.. i say u let him win.. then get the tuner and exhaust with the intake.. and race em for 100.. double up..

How about save your $50 and use it for gas money? Be happy you're not driving a girl car (VW Jetta). :D You win twice by not racing. Btw you might be saving yourself a ticket and not losing your DL or your life for racing.

Of course, I'm in Orlando and street racers get killed here every week. One just happened last week with 2 Acuras racing - highschool kid.

Just remind him about the kind of beatings that pool sharks take.

If he wants it to be a sucker bet, make it a REAL sucker bet. Since he's challenging you, that means you get to define the rules of the race, so you could always go for something like putting watermelon rinds under the front wheels...

Midas78 said:
Of course, I'm in Orlando and street racers get killed here every week. One just happened last week with 2 Acuras racing - highschool kid.

Good for him. prolly deserved it:D

hey guys, ordering the Xcal2 is not a option right now...im a collage student... anyways this are his mods APR 93 octane, GLI Taillights, TT stubby, painted calipers, euro switch, turbo gauge, IK22 Iridium spark plugs, LuK clutch and flywheel (thats a APR CHIP with 93 octane gas)... i was searching through jetta forums and i ran on his postings about the limp he had, so i guess its true now if he fixed it i better just put up a fun race cuz im probobly loosing..http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2555435

MrWilson said:
...use the octane that is ment for your car. I dont understand why yall get wet dreams over 98 octane, or 104 octane, or 1,000 octane. If you take 91, use 91...and nothing else. if you use 87, use 87, and nothing else. If you go to low, you run the risk of pre detonation. If you run to high, you run the risk of incomplete detonation, which means LOSS OF POWER! DUR, use the recomended octane.

the falacy comes from racing gas being high octane. Its not the fact that racing gas is high octane, but how the gas is mixed. There are many highly combustable chemicals in racing gas, as compaired to pump gas. If you want to get power from gas, go to the track and fill her up. Youll run hotter, get full combustion, and by getting the higher octane in the racing gas, you dont run the risk of pre detonation. But expect to pay @ $6 per gal.

you are right on the money, except...if he guts his car and the other guy doesnt, he will flame him for saying its not a fair race, and then guess what...another thread about a rematch. Dont go so drastic in saving weight as to be obvious about it, but enough that it counts.

I dont know if youd be willing to, but if you get tires with a shallow sidewall (ie. 225/60/16> 225/40/16) will give you a better time accelerating. its kinda like stepping up your gears by .05. I noticed when i did that, i was getting much better times. I dont know if its true that its because of the tires, but it certiantly seemed to help.

Wilson and Mholnut are spot on with what they said.

Don't fall into the higher octane = more power. However, higher octane + added spark timing = more power.

That applies even moreso in a blown application where the IAT's are skyrocketing through the roof along with piston wall friction and cylinder pressures going up. :cool:

those posts on those threads are from a year ago.. when did u race this guy?

BanginLS said:
those posts on those threads are from a year ago.. when did u race this guy?

:bowrofl: First the V8 or V6 post, now this. Those posts in the VW forum are from this week. BanginLS, I think you should take a break from the computer for a few minutes. :Beer

VAG-COM, exactly, the Jetta is a girl car.....

Someone once said on here its not what you can add to the car all the time, sometimes its what you can remove. Drain all pointless fluids, Take everything out of your car, take the seats out 9except the drivers), spare gone, 1/2 tank od gas. you get the point. Also cut your airbox, that may help a little, i noticed a little gain.

itsnotmydaddys said:
Drain all pointless fluids
?? Most Fluids are pretty important. The only think i can think of is windshield washer fluid. And Maybe this is just me...but if you are so worries about losing that you need to drain the whole 2lbs of washer fluid out of your car, your probably gonna lose. I used to race my old mustang at the track, and i rarely took anything out. That way, i knew my car was a 13s street car, and i could do it without spending a couple hours prepping it. Just race the guy with the jetta and give it :q:q:q:q.

good luck on getting him off the line my girl as a 1.8t and its stock and auto and it jumps of the line so fast if you stage that car about 2000 it will white smoke them all the way threw first but your hauling a$$ too....If he was in limp mode he was running less boost more like 5-7 and if he chipped he couild be running up to 20 and that is alot of boost for that little car.... do you know anything else about the car???

opps i see the sednond poage now and his post.....I wish you lots of luck hes running a 20psi that can get him in the 13.xx all day and some vw have broke high 12's with 20psi race gas and exhaust and good tires.....that little cars are fast I promise you my buddy has a gti with apr chip and I spray on my s10 and I was 1/4 of a car behind him and I know my truck ran mid to low 13.'s

good luck and let us know

SilverLS said:
good luck on getting him off the line my girl as a 1.8t and its stock and auto and it jumps of the line so fast if you stage that car about 2000 it will white smoke them all the way threw first but your hauling a$$ too....If he was in limp mode he was running less boost more like 5-7 and if he chipped he couild be running up to 20 and that is alot of boost for that little car.... do you know anything else about the car???

This kids Jetta is slow off the line because i used to race him with my stock 1990 miata and i would jump out 1 car lenght out every time, and i used to beat him up to 90 mph... but now his not stock :( but i also got something ALOT faster then a miata :shifty:

itsnotmydaddys said:
Someone once said on here its not what you can add to the car all the time, sometimes its what you can remove. Drain all pointless fluids, Take everything out of your car, take the seats out 9except the drivers), spare gone, 1/2 tank od gas. you get the point. Also cut your airbox, that may help a little, i noticed a little gain.

ahhhhh man.... i would rather loose 500 bucks then drain my fluids just to beat a damn ricer in a jetta... anyways i will just run him like someone alredy said its only 50 bucks.... ill try and get it on video too :L, and i will do the intake mod tomorrow maybe.. ;)

2002_LS_V8 said:
now he was talkign trash to all my friends and saying how he will eat up my car :shifty: so then they told him if hes so sure to race me for 50 bucks and he agreed and i couldnt back out...

So, your friends are going to pony up the fifty if you lose right? I wouldn't be pulling it out of my pocket if someone set me up for a race.

Octane booster makes your car run better.

I'm not making any claims as to HP but I know for a fact I got slightly better gas mileage (+1-1.5 mpg) over the last two weeks I have used octane booster. In what was just short of 1/4 mile I beat a tuned Nissan Titan by a good car and 1/2 with octane booster; I lost to the same Titan the week before by about a car without the booster. Could have been a third variable but we ran twice, same results both times. The engine runs very smooth, the very slight knocking at idle has almost dissapeared. I think it helps, just my opinion.

from reading the post it looks as though he still doesn't have it fixed?

2002_LS_V8 said:
This kids Jetta is slow off the line because i used to race him with my stock 1990 miata and i would jump out 1 car lenght out every time, and i used to beat him up to 90 mph... but now his not stock :( but i also got something ALOT faster then a miata :shifty:
I think if you jump him off the line (esp. if you get more than a car on him ) I think youll take him than.... My LS pulls hard after 2,000 and if you jump him after that your good....But I still dont know about his car it should be a good race.....Get one of your friends and a tripod to videotape it....I think it would be a good video....

Did he want to race YOU or your CAR??? Did he have to say you had to run your LS?????? Wanna borrow my Cobra???????

2001LS8Sport said:
Did he want to race YOU or your CAR??? Did he have to say you had to run your LS?????? Wanna borrow my Cobra???????

aaaaahahaha.. that wouldnt be nice..

i kept reading the "member since date"... so do u know if he fixed the limp mode problem?

whats up with with this guy, first he goes limp, and then is forced to use vag-com to help himself?

Members online

Back