5.0 in the mark viii???

Yeah thats Mikes and whatshisfaces cars. Both are 5.0 DOHC motors. Don't know if Mikes is still a Teksid block or not. When you want to rebuild with forged internals the price difference between stock and 5.0 is negligible so may as well go all out and get the most from what ya got.

They mean the 4.6 had been bored and stroked. A stroker actually increases the length of the stroke therforre providing more displacement. Supercharged is the same as saying blown. They are not running a pushrod 5.0.

correct me if i'm wrong but i think you can stroke these out to a 5.0 but most people bore instead. either way it is minimal gains for the money it takes to do it unless you are boosting it.

They mean the 4.6 had been bored and stroked. A stroker actually increases the length of the stroke therforre providing more displacement. Supercharged is the same as saying blown. They are not running a pushrod 5.0.

i gothcha, i thought so, but then i was thinking they put in the old pushrod 5.0s?? and i was like... why?? lol.. i gotcha now.. thanks..

Damn, I thought it was because I'm a slow typer. My left hand does not type so well after a crane smashed it with a condenser on top of a toys-r-us in Iowa 3 years ago.

You cant bore these to a 5.0, only stroke. Our engines are really only good for a .030 over bore which is like 4 cubic inches. The stroker kit is what gives it the larger displacement. Not sure how comfertable I am pushing the piston skirts that far into the block though....... Ill still do it though! :lol:

Im thinking about finding a stripped out mark to put my 408w into... Or find a maverick or 67/68 stang... I am weird I like coupes better

Hell, I was wonderin if they were the 5.0 "Cammer" crate motors?? Built 4.6s makes sense though.

Members online

Back