Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
broken20sw4.jpg

frontshotlr6.jpg

tomahawkks0.jpg

sideviewnt4.jpg

intakeze7.jpg

haha....

Well looks like ya gots some NOS. Hows it working?

works well, considering ive went through 5 bottles so far so good @ 150 shot, now I got some more jets im gonna try and tone it down a bit for the take of the trans/TC... I broke my fogger nozzle when putting in the new trans. I got a new tomahawk style nozzle and it fits very nicely. I did it today and I figured Ide wipe the engine bay down a bit right quick and snap a few pictures.

Fun huh ?....I bet it is.
You need to take it to the track and put up some times.
You have put alot of work into it I have to admit.
I am sure you will surprise a few rice grinders.

I'm spraying 100. Thats the most I have sprayed. They say the difference from 100 - 150 is incredible.

Once you drive a car with Nitrous, you REALLY understand why the call it "laughing gas". It will put a smile on your face.

Do pullys make a difference? I wanna find some stuff thats going to give me some more NA driving HP. I through back in 764 @ .048 plugs and i got back a little bit more hp I think. MSD ignition? C and L MAF? what stuff is worth doing?

I'm spraying 100. Thats the most I have sprayed. They say the difference from 100 - 150 is incredible.

Once you drive a car with Nitrous, you REALLY understand why the call it "laughing gas". It will put a smile on your face.

its like v8 vtec the way it just instantly changes everything about the motor and power. yea its awesome but 150 doesnt last long in a 10 lb bottle.

Are you running dry or wet?

im going 150 even with the lms chip on there... no problems - plugs look great. He says its cool to run with a 100 shot, ive ran it many times with the 150 no issue. Very happy with the tune. I'm no expert but i'de be willing to say its mild yet very safe tune. 50 lbs of nitrous later im still good!

when i get some money im gonna dyno it to see what kinda power im laying down. NA chip vs no chip... then do some tuning with the nitrous vs different plugs different jets - then chip vs no chip. I want to get some solid info.

I'm always careful with the plugs though. I wouldn't spray with the 764's with there gap. i got no problem swapping out plugs depending on what im doing.
i'm probably going to run the 100 shot with the 764's with his chip on there. I think there someone on the boards on here who runs that and he's sub 13's.

its like v8 vtec the way it just instantly changes everything about the motor and power. yea its awesome but 150 doesnt last long in a 10 lb bottle.

Are you running dry or wet?

im going 150 even with the lms chip on there... no problems - plugs look great. He says its cool to run with a 100 shot, ive ran it many times with the 150 no issue. Very happy with the tune. I'm no expert but i'de be willing to say its mild yet very safe tune. 50 lbs of nitrous later im still good!

I'm running a wet kit. It's an EFI Ford Race system by Nitrous Express. They were great to work with. I'm running a throttle switch with an arming switch in the car... also running a purge. I run a step colder plug, but to be honest I don't even remember what plug I put in mine.

Also running a LMS MAF. My car is a gen2. I had the MAF on the gen1 first and could really notice a difference. Not as much on the gen2. Other than a shift kit and straight pipes, I havnt really done alot.

I have a similar setup. The throttle switch is under the pedal for me and I use the arm switch at wot after 3-3500 k. What do you gap your plugs at? Do you spray through shifts? The lms maf is just the maf right or does it include a cone filter? What shift kit did you go with?

what does it cost for a bottle refill...................

I pay $40.00 to have mine refilled and thats cheap.

I work for a gas company, but we do not sell nitrous plus. There are so many goverment regulations on nitrous and alot of liabilities. The only difference between medical nitrous (I do sell med nitrous) and nitrous plus is nitrous plus has sulfer dioxide added to it. The only reason it's in there is so people wont huff it. The sulfer dioxide will make you sick.

I have a similar setup. The throttle switch is under the pedal for me and I use the arm switch at wot after 3-3500 k. What do you gap your plugs at? Do you spray through shifts? The lms maf is just the maf right or does it include a cone filter? What shift kit did you go with?

It includes the cone filter.

You can spray through shifts if your tranny can handle it. I would'nt do it with mine if I was spraying 150... I dont think she could take it.

Don't remember where I gapped my plugs (it's been some time ago).

I'll have to pull the box on the shift kit. Can't remember that either...

i pay 50 for a 10 lb refill. Yea i don't spray through shifts either... I don't even have a shift kit - but an 01 tranny has pretty good shifts from the factory. yea superchargers are great but there very expensive to purchase and its on ALL the time which can be a good and bad thing but it is what it is. Nitrous is there when you need it -hp by a switch, its relatively inexpensive to purchase the kit and cheap to install if you have some ingenuity.

Nitrous gets a bad rap because of those who go out there, don't set it up right, and blow there stuff up. Theres some huge myths out there about nitrous... which is why I was a bit hesitant on doing it. But I was assured that its a good way to go, and its worked out well for me.

I would definetly go with a wet kit so you KNOW your're getting the fuel you need.

Needless to say ive had turbocharged and supercharged cars (from the factory) and n20 definetly has that coolness factor. However I would love to have both!

Nitrous works, but it gets a bad rap for a reason.
I don't think its so much how its set up....but if there is a weak link somewere NOS is going to find it in a hurry.
For cheap power on demand its hard to beat.

Members online

No members online now.
Back