4.6 2V Swap Progress

Look what finally arrived!

4_6 2V STAGE 4 CAMS.jpg4_6 2V PI HEADS.jpgCLOSE UP 1 PI HEAD.jpgCLOSE UP 2 PI HEADS.jpg

4_6 2V STAGE 4 CAMS.jpg

4_6 2V PI HEADS.jpg

CLOSE UP 1 PI HEAD.jpg

CLOSE UP 2 PI HEADS.jpg

This will definitely make me pick up a LS with a blow engine and find a donor car.... You are defying the law of physics... everyone said that the 4.6 would never fit!

This will definitely make me pick up a LS with a blow engine and find a donor car.... You are defying the law of physics... everyone said that the 4.6 would never fit!

who said that?
Ford would have built the LS with a 4.6 had it fit in from the bottom, which it does not.
fits fine from the top.

Ford raced a LS with a 4.6 in it for a time as well.

IMG_2841.jpg

i believe the real issue was getting the stock PCM to run the engine.
since everything is so integrated, much of the car is dead without the PCM.

IMG_2841.jpg

Best $400 I've spent so far!! Never installed Trickflow track heat intake. The guy had put it together but bought a house and is now having a baby and his wife said his car and extra parts had to go!

TRICKFLOW 1.jpgTRICKFLOW 2.jpg

TRICKFLOW 1.jpg

TRICKFLOW 2.jpg

who said that?
Ford would have built the LS with a 4.6 had it fit in from the bottom, which it does not.
fits fine from the top.

Ford raced a LS with a 4.6 in it for a time as well.

View attachment 828461203

i believe the real issue was getting the stock PCM to run the engine.
since everything is so integrated, much of the car is dead without the PCM.

That just blew my mind.... soo many blown LS v8s around me... all for under $1k some at $800...

Terrible pictures I know :/ my phone's lense is all scratched up from work.

Ok so we have es sway bar bushings, (moog links are in the mail) stoptech brake lines, powerstop/stoptech rotors, EBC yellow pads in front and reds on the rear, Ford racing high flow oil pump, Professional products fuel rails, custom trans mount and solid motor mounts, 4500 stall converter, Trickflow head gaskets, ARP head bolts, p71 aluminum driveshaft. Just happened to be the exact length needed

DRIVERS FRONT BRAKES.jpgTORQUE CONVERTER.jpgARP STUDS TFS HEAD GASKETS.jpgFORD RACING HIGH FLOW PUMP.jpgTRANS AND SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS.jpgPP RETURN STYLE FUEL RAILS.jpgDRIVESHAFT.jpgES SWAY BAR BUSHINGS.jpgDRIVERS REAR BRAKES.jpgFRONT VIEW.jpg

DRIVERS FRONT BRAKES.jpg

DRIVERS REAR BRAKES.jpg

ES SWAY BAR BUSHINGS.jpg

DRIVESHAFT.jpg

PP RETURN STYLE FUEL RAILS.jpg

TRANS AND SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS.jpg

FORD RACING HIGH FLOW PUMP.jpg

ARP STUDS TFS HEAD GASKETS.jpg

TORQUE CONVERTER.jpg

FRONT VIEW.jpg

Here's a few better shots. 44 lb accels, ES bushings and ebay links (same as moog brand just in a different box and about $30 cheaper) and then the beginning of the engine going together
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

&M ratchet shifter and flex plate. Notched transmission tunnel. Next on the list is to notch the tunnel to fit shifter and finish top end of engine.
IMG_20131013_150109_317.jpgIMG_20131013_150044_860.jpgIMG_20131013_150225_517.jpgIMG_20131013_153054_697.jpgIMG_20131013_153021_509.jpgIMG_20131013_152752_562.jpg

IMG_20131013_150109_317.jpg

IMG_20131013_150044_860.jpg

IMG_20131013_150225_517.jpg

IMG_20131013_153054_697.jpg

IMG_20131013_153021_509.jpg

IMG_20131013_152752_562.jpg

How far are you from making everything work with the PCM, if you haven't already? Loooong build for you that should pay off nicely.

Yes it has been a lot longer than i expected originally. But it's coming together bit by bit.

Concerning the pcm...
Most of the factory wiring will remain in the car. However, we are not planning to use any of it to control the engine or transmission. It will all be controlled using the mustang ecm and wiring harness. Also using the mustang gauge cluster so all of the gauges will work and look as close to original as possible. The LS ABS module will also be replaced with the mustang module. So the abs will also be funtional. The only feature that may or may not be available is the traction control. Which, all things considered, won't be needed or missed.

Those ES bushings will allow the stabilizer bar to slide left and right about 3/4". I have a part number for OEM Jag bushings that will fit perfect on the sport (30mm) bar using the factory bushing brackets. I can't look it up right now but I can later

Thanks hite. I did consider the possible movement before i purchased them but decided that it wouldn't be an issue. Seeing as how the sway bar is controlling a sort of up and down movement, the 3/4" of possible side to side should not have a noticeable effect. Now, if you have had experience with any sort of noise due to that movement then i would surely reconsider my options. I also spoke with brian about it and he came to the same conclusion.

Members online

Back