31k mile 96 for sale for $3200

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/3829409464.html

Saw the clist ad and called the guy..turns out its located right by me so I went to check it out. Guy says its not a salvage title, bought from auction..not sure why or how many owners it's had..but the car is very clean..interior is nice, could use a shampoo and clean the leather to make it perfect but very nice, couldn't find a ding or dent on the body, there's a 3 inch scratch on the bottom of drivers door and the inside lip of both doors is starting to bubble a bit which could be salvaged if you grind it down and paint it, bottom of the car is solid, it has a little surface rust on exhaust and a few other parts but otherwise solid. Other than that the rest is near flawless, paint is very nice and appears original everywhere, back window seal is straight as an arrow, trunk lock cover looks brand new which tells me its spent most its life in a garage, car is sitting at normal ride height and still has its air ride. Overall this is A LOT of car for $3200..the guy who's shop its parked at said the owner would probably take $2700. Someone has to buy this and save it before someone who doesn't care about it gets it and runs it to the ground.

20130530_150152_zpsc4221631.jpg

20130530_150059_zpsf882359f.jpg

20130530_150128_zpscf2bd3b3.jpg

20130530_150140_zps0f09f63a.jpg

20130530_150451_zps28666bdf.jpg

20130530_150045_zps23933401.jpg

Man, if my car was white it would look like a rusted pos. Ok, mine isn't that bad, it just that white will show everything.

I'd say that's one heck of a deal though. Still a g1 though. :shifty:

Man, if my car was white it would look like a rusted pos. Ok, mine isn't that bad, it just that white will show everything.

I'd say that's one heck of a deal though. Still a g1 though. :shifty:

Gen 1 or not..still better than a camry

I'd love to own this thing..just fix that bit of rust starting on the doors and you've got yourself a nice ass cheap low mile mark.

Gen 1 or not..still better than a camry

I'd love to own this thing..just fix that bit of rust starting on the doors and you've got yourself a nice ass cheap low mile mark.

Very true.

I'm curious Kevin.. Had this popped up a couple weeks ago, would you currently be driving it or the truck?

Very true.

I'm curious Kevin.. Had this popped up a couple weeks ago, would you currently be driving it or the truck?

Haha I couldn't justify owning two at this point..I wouldn't want to drive that in the winter either, I'd feel bad. Down the line when I have my own house and driveway and garage..I'd be all over it.

I have been eyeing that one, but I'm 4 hours away and going to have a hard time getting up there. How's the interior, and what's the color.

Edit: Did you drive it?

Last edited:
I have been eyeing that one, but I'm 4 hours away and going to have a hard time getting up there. How's the interior, and what's the color.

Edit: Did you drive it?

Interior is nice, drivers side seat bolster is the only thing that shows a little wear but barely anything..leather could use a nice cleaning and leather treatment and carpets could use a shampoo to be perfect..color code is wk which I believe is opal opalescent. And I did not drive it..engine compartment needs a good cleaning..pretty dusty but I didn't see any leaks. Its a damn good car for the price ill say that.

I'm sorry, I was not clear enough. What color is the interior seats? Kind of looks like the Ivory, but hard to tell. I also see a little red light like it has/had an alarm system.

I thank you for the extra info.

I'm sorry, I was not clear enough. What color is the interior seats? Kind of looks like the Ivory, but hard to tell. I also see a little red light like it has/had an alarm system.

I thank you for the extra info.

Yeah interior is grey..light graphite..whatever they called it in 96. And yes it has some sort of aftermarket alarm on it.

silly question #1,385: why do some gen 1's have the front bumper w/ lic plate frame?

silly question #1,385: why do some gen 1's have the front bumper w/ lic plate frame?

I would assume dealers in states with the two license plate requirements were supplied with color matching frames to install at the lot from Ford.

Because its a law in some states to have two plates one in the front and one in the rear. It is required in Illinois.

Pssh f that, I hate front plates..check my sig pic. In the two years I've had my car I've never been hassled for no front plate, I have however been pulled over for the tinted plate cover in the back though?? I don't get it. That plate bracket was the first "mod" took it off within 30 min of owning it.

Members online

Back