2nd gen clunker...lol

deadmark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
was lookin' through pix on yahoo and found this...its sad...

capt.1ef9ab2c2f7b4b798fec4fb77ff81c7d.auto_sales_ford_mnjm105.jpg

...sure is...and it just proves the stupidity of the whole program, taxpayer assisted no less. Throw a front set of bags on that car, and it's nicer than 90% of the crap on the road IMO.

For all we know it could be completely dogged out. Hopefully someone has the smarts to pull the Octastars and other valuable parts off before it heads to the salvage yard.

Man all the good parts gone to waste!!!
Sad fate, such a sad fate. I wish it'll stop!
*cries*

For all we know it could be completely dogged out. Hopefully someone has the smarts to pull the Octastars and other valuable parts off before it heads to the salvage yard.

Likely it is 'well used and abused'.

That's another one that we'll never see parts from. :mad:

thats in minnesota i checked there craigslist and its OUTRAGGES check it out if u live in that area i wish i still did.........LOL

dibs on the interior parts someone should find out where that cars getting shipped too

No, seriously. I just called Mankato Ford in Mankato Minnesota and talked to a guy there. The parts department was already closed, but they will be calling me back tomorrow. It's a miracle!

I WANT THE CENTERCAPS!!!!! Dibs called:D

It's missing one on the pass side. Might be missing the other two on the other side. A nice set unscratched of Ostar center caps ain't cheap if you can find them. I'm glad I have those rims, thanks to Jamie! He sold me those rims in excellent condition. Not one center cap was scratched at all. Pinto rims would have been better than the snowflakes I had. I hate those rims.

That Gen II looks rough slammed down like that. No telling how long it was driven around slammed.

I just need two more center caps and i will have a complete set. If you look close, the ones in my picture are off of a continental. LMAO. The rims are nice but someone in philly jacked the centers from the original owner.

I was lucky that my car came with 2 spare Octastar center caps in the trunk:D

ok let us all know about the parts and where we can purchase and call about those parts DAMN thats whats up thanks....micahs97m8

This program pisses me off.... they drain the oil out of perfectly running cars and redline them till they seize up. And throw some crap in the trans to ruin that too.... Great new ideas our government comes up with.... In the spirit of wasting fuel I am preparing to buy a full size bronco... maybe ill accidently back over someones econobox.

sad sad day when a mark viii, is considered a clunker!!! shame on you mankato ford....shame

for its sake i hope u can salvage something from it, if so it wont be a total loss. damn bureaucrats!!

The way I understand it, IF you happen to get to the "approved disposal agents" in time, you could get most everything you would need, sans the engine. You'd only have about 2-3 months at most to find and get what you needed. Here's the list of approved disposal agents . You might could call the ones near you and see what they could do. This program is useless as :q:q:q:q on a boar hog :(

I dont think they are allowed to take parts off of them. I heard when they give it to the salvage yards they arent allowed to sell any of the drive line... save those teskid blocks one day they will be worth some good money.

If it was closer I would go look at it.
I bet its a rust bucket.....but I would like to steal the test skid before the destroy it.....what a waste.

This program pisses me off.....

+1!!!!

The idiots taking advantage of this program THINK they are getting a free meal on OUR (the taxpayers) dollar

But when you look closely at the program you'll quickly see what a FARCE it truley is.

This isn't a stimulus package "for the people", it's a stimulus package for the AUTO industry, who we've ALREADY PAID thru the nose to BAIL OUT.

And for those that THINK they are getting a "FREE MEAL" what they are really getting is...

"go buy yourself dinner on YOUR credit card", and the taxpayers will "cover the tip".

The "incentive" is 15% or less of the purchase price...
Hooters girls get a bigger cut than THAT!..

The program is CRAP, it puts people into debt that wouldn't normally be buying a car. This is a carbon copy of the home mortgage debacle.

You and I are paying to put people further into debt, how long til WE THE PEOPLE have to BAIL these idiots out?

hide and watch.

Now with that said.

The program would be "better" if it actually wrote a check to the consumer to improve their car...

Why should only a slim minority of people benifit from this.

IF the Gov can afford to payout 4500 for clunkers then they are OBVIOUSLY TAXING the people TOO MUCH.

I want my damned money back if they are gonna waste it in such a manner.
this is TOTAL and COMPLETE BS!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back