24's?

who cares, if you dont' like it, it ain't your car

I can't agree with you more. But on the flipside, we can also point and laugh at some of the ridiculous things people do to their cars.

Admittably, I shouldn't laugh at some of these people who do extreme donks on their cars. Some may be mentally retarded. And we all know it's not cool to laugh at a retard.

I can't agree with you more. But on the flipside, we can also point and laugh at some of the ridiculous things people do to their cars.

Admittably, I shouldn't laugh at some of these people who do extreme donks on their cars. Some may be mentally retarded. And we all know it's not cool to laugh at a retard.

I can't agree with you more, people who make generalizations on a type of modifications done to someone else's own personal car do seem mentally retarded. If you think about it, they must be retarded to get so upset over something that has no direct effect on their life or daily surroundings. Do you lose sleep over someone having different taste or opinions than you?

As for sticking to the original topic, I personally think its a little to big for an LS but like others said as long as it puts a smile on your face thats all that matters. Definitely get some better pics posted for the people who aren't so self-centered.

haha both good points.
And if his confidence hinged on everything the forum thinks :shifty:, he would'nt have posted. So chill out we'll say what we want, + or -, DEAL WITH IT. :eek:

well, i think they are too big and im about to turn 19, but thats besides the point from the way the rims have the sun hitting them compared to the rest of the picture and one looking bigger then the other i think that the pictures are fake, also the fact he cant get other pictures of the car

Ok...first of all I believe that pic is photoshopped....look at the wheel well and its looks all jaggy like someone pasted the 24's and did some photowork...also it is wierd how the front wheel looks differently sized (and located) then the rear wheel. i dont really care but thats just my .02 until he can post some better pics with better quality. Out.

Everyone has their own opinion, thats what this forum is for. My problem with donks is that 90 percent of the time, the wheels are worth more than the car. Usually the paint is fading or is just falling off. the interior is worn and has not been kept up. The vibration from their 4000 watt system is rattling their trunk off. Dont get me wrong the other ten percent are incredible. amazing paintjobs, correct suspension setup (not spacers and the wheels actually turn), custom installs that actually look and sound clean. 24s on an Ls is funny, 24s on an escalade actually looks good to me. Take me for example, I bought a Mustang and I am dying to put wheels and tires on it, but it is not running right yet. I will fix the engine problems before I spend 1000 dollars on rims.

Why you guys be hatin' so much! The truth though, my Mark VIII PWNS that LS. Here's a pic from my cell phone:

markpwnseg6.jpg

I cant beleive this post has been here for a few days and i havent given my $.02 on any of this.

First off, was nice to see R_Bones was still around. Thought that guy was gone, must be in the studio alot recording these days. This old hag misses him.

To the guy about the green buick being a monster in a straight line, PLEASE. I am a hard core Buick GN guy and know alot about those cars. First, those cars came with a slow slow 231 V6 (110 hp), aweful rear end and a basic 3 spd tranny. To get that car going with that big of a wheel would take ALOT. Maybe a brand new crate LS4, whole new tranny/rear end, complete suspension, might make it "ok" in a straight line.

Now to the topic of this thread. Those size wheels are way to big, but i am an old hag so who'd expect different. I also support the fact that the picture is altered. Aweful picture. For starters the light pole just stops, so its been cropped some how. The front wheel is indeed larger than the rear and its off center. The rear wheel sticks out past the fender. And the biggest thing is the shadows in the picture, they dont match. When you compare the house in the background, the shadow from the car, the side mirror shadow and the wheel shadows they dont match. But atleast we now know what a LS looks like with supposed 24's. Anyway, with those wheels and the tint it just yells "Pull me over"

Must be a treo 650. Cause I know my 700P takes a hell of a lot better pics than that.

You don't by chance also own a Town Car, do you?

Towncar BUAHAHAHAHA

Buddy, my Motorola Razr which is a hunk of crap takes better pictures than that.

i don't believe the car is altered in the picture, maybe the picture is altered, but not the car. if you look at the shadow of the front wheel under the car, it definately looks like theres a shadow of the spokes

Why you guys be hatin' so much! The truth though, my Mark VIII PWNS that LS. Here's a pic from my cell phone:

markpwnseg6.jpg

Omg...THATS TIGHT AS HELL!! WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?? 89s?

As for 24s on a Lincoln...or any CAR...it's just not for it. I mean come on now, you can't even drive something like that. Those things are so heavy, it would take the Lincoln a full 10 seconds to reach 60. ANd cornering, my god, you couldn't turn with those bitches on....you'd scratch the rim cornering hard, and then you might just slide into a gaurdrail.

Don't make me mention a pothole. If you cruisin down the highway at 70 MPH, if you can get those wheels to move, and you drive over the slightest pothole...you are SOL! For the average vehicle, the optimum handling size is 18. And plus they weigh so much less than something so hideous like that.

Ok, I'm 18 years old, and I think that the 17s on the car suit it perfectly, or the 20 inch Enkie Kapones, which is the ONLY aftermarket rim I'd put on the lincoln. Age doesn't have anything to do with what they do with their car. I like exterior and engine mods. I don't dig heavy ass wheels as many of you are saying. I know of only a few people my age who like huge ass wheels. I think they look stupid, and prove nothing but ignorance due to the fact that the money you spend on your wheels could buy you ANOTHER lincoln, or could be invested into something else like stock or savings.

IMHO, 24s should not even be permitted to be put on a vehicle. It's a road hazard to do something like that. Like I said, hitting a pothole would ruin your wheel but also with a cracked, broken, or bent rim, you could lose control and injure/kill yourself or somene else. -- That's my $0.02

i don't believe the car is altered in the picture, maybe the picture is altered, but not the car. if you look at the shadow of the front wheel under the car, it definately looks like theres a shadow of the spokes
At first i think, "why would a guy post a phony/altered picture"? What sense is that. Then i look back at a comment earlier about the cell phones, about how he has a "Treo" and its worth some money. In others word his phone is now a status symbol...it costs more. In posts like this a little bit of the pychologist comes out of me.

I'm just saying he's into having bigger and better things than you do. The rims are known to be expensive so your tellin people "Look at the bling i can afford!!" Things like this that are so extreme are usually done for others, not the individual. If it was based on his own judgment then maybe he'd understand that the car wont be on the road driving very long with those wheels and should start saving for the mupltiple repairs in the near future.

garfield_box_1.jpg

I figure if your gonna ride, might as well ride big. Check out these 30" $30K+ clear wheels, now that's sure to catch alot of attention. Why buy a $100K car when you can build one. If you can ride 24's on an LS, I say go for it.

garfield_box_1.jpg

24? Almost to big for a SUV. Its just stupid on a car. Gay. Retarted.
NOTE: This reply is not just my opinion. It is fact. Case closed. :lol:

l_de0a3cc8e7bff0f0af0adf4a99168.jpg
Couple things i noticed when looking at the picture which i said before. The shadows dont match. When comparing the house, the wheels, the side mirror and the underside things seem off. The front wheel has a shadow that is casted from an angle, the rear has a shadow that is straight back. I added a shadow to the rear wheel to show what it should look like.
l_de0a3cc8e7bff0f0af0adf4a991681.JPG

l_de0a3cc8e7bff0f0af0adf4a99168.jpg

l_de0a3cc8e7bff0f0af0adf4a991681.JPG

View attachment 24641

I figure if your gonna ride, might as well ride big. Check out these 30" $30K+ clear wheels, now that's sure to catch alot of attention. Why buy a $100K car when you can build one. If you can ride 24's on an LS, I say go for it.
All that work and they left drum brakes in the rear. WTF????

His front wheel is turned that solves the shadow thing. And the pole that stops well the ground is higher in the back so u cant see it underneath.

But look at the electric wires from pole to pole, and then the wires from the pole nearest the car to the house. Somethings chopped, just don't know what.

1) i doubt he would waste his time posting a fake picture..

2) The front tire is prolly misaligned so that he can actually turn on the big wheels..

Members online

No members online now.
Back