2013 Taurus SHO

Smoke and mirrors. Consider the traction advantage out of the hole with AWD. I came across one the other day and the idiot tried to jump on me from about 55mph. No 4300lb Taurus is going to pull away from a healthy 3800lb V8 LS sitting in the manual 3 hole from 55mph. About those curves...nah!

365 HP > 280 HP

12.2 pounds per HP > 13.1 pounds per HP

quick tune, exhaust, intake, and methanol = over 400 HP.

there is an ecoboost car, a Flex, but its the same engine, that with a 20-25% estimated drivetrain loss, is pushing over 500 ft-lbs of torque at the crank. minimal mods, tune, intake, exhaust, and meth.
http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?t=121984

your argument is invalid. :D

I had an 88 Mustang GT that would have problems off the line with all of the 5.7 iroc Camaros and Corvettes. However, coming from 60mph when torque and extra traction from the fatter tires didn't matter as much, my 5.0 would eat them alive because of one thing....a quicker reving engine. Being that every 100 lbs is worth about 10hp, it's not really all that invalid. It's not like the 3.9 is some regular engine. Remember one of the things it was praised for was having most of the torque available at 2000 rpm and it does rev like a 4 banger.

There is a video on YouTube showing the m3 just barely beating a new gt, it was only by a 10th of a sec. And that wasn't even the boss, imagine the results then. I'm still not a fan of the live rear axle setup but Ford has done an awesome job with it. I can't wait for the redesign, IRS and a 5.8 under the hood. :)

No 4300lb Taurus is going to pull away from a healthy 3800lb V8 LS sitting in the manual 3 hole from 55mph.

I realize this is a Lincoln forum and you're staying true to your car, but a Taurus SHO would spank an LS from any mph. Street racing is sloppy racing and always has been. The V8 LS is a slow car comparatively.

Oh gag me with a spoon! Wrong wheel drive, sideways engine police interceptors? I have yet to see a single Tar-Ass or Flexploder (God how I hate that sideways engine wrong-wheel-drive Taurus station wagon Ford is trying to pass off as an Explorer!) police car on the road yet. I see zillions of RWD V-8 powered Dodge Chargers though. They're everywhere (the Charger is the new Vic:D). Unfortunately, the venerable Crown Vic is all but gone. There are still a few around, but the Chargers greatly outnumber them in my area now. I don't see a lot of police forces gobbling up Ford's new offierings. And when Chevy starts selling (if they haven't already) the new RWD V-8 powered Caprice (Australian Holden Commodore) to police agencies, the Taurus and Flexplorer will be all but forgotten.

Well, maybe I got lucky that time but my LS still feels much faster than that 88 Mustang and I've test driven the MKS and wasn't impressed at all so I bought the LS. I wish I could have afforded the XF I drove. That's a different story and the XF is using the Dew98 platform.

My uncle has a Saleen 2006 and it has live rear axle. That thing is a monster. That Saleen Racecraft suspension more than makes up for most of the shortcomings. I still don't think drag raceer will be happy with irs. Oh and I also noticed the phony exhaust on the Saleen. Kinda ricey I do believe.

What kind of exhaust setup did that G8 have in the video? That was really nasty sounding. Like it!

Well, maybe I got lucky that time but my LS still feels much faster than that 88 Mustang and I've test driven the MKS and wasn't impressed at all so I bought the LS. I wish I could have afforded the XF I drove. That's a different story and the XF is using the Dew98 platform.

dude, you drove the MKS with the N/A 3.7L ,not the eco boost.

I realize this is a Lincoln forum and you're staying true to your car, but a Taurus SHO would spank an LS from any mph. Street racing is sloppy racing and always has been. The V8 LS is a slow car comparatively.

Well the LS is not a fast car but it isnt slow either. Stock vs Stock they can be quicker than marks.

But yes an SHO should of course be faster with almost 100hp more and 4 four wheels moving it vs two.

Oh gag me with a spoon! Wrong wheel drive, sideways engine police interceptors? I have yet to see a single Tar-Ass or Flexploder (God how I hate that sideways engine wrong-wheel-drive Taurus station wagon Ford is trying to pass off as an Explorer!) police car on the road yet. I see zillions of RWD V-8 powered Dodge Chargers though. They're everywhere (the Charger is the new Vic:D). Unfortunately, the venerable Crown Vic is all but gone. There are still a few around, but the Chargers greatly outnumber them in my area now. I don't see a lot of police forces gobbling up Ford's new offierings. And when Chevy starts selling (if they haven't already) the new RWD V-8 powered Caprice (Australian Holden Commodore) to police agencies, the Taurus and Flexplorer will be all but forgotten.

Yeah tons of chargers here as well. Ford just released those so if they were to be used it would be a while. But i have seen police explorers and expeditions in my area.

Those old fox bodys werent really that fast to begin with. The LX was actually faster. They were just loud as hell with those pushrod blocks. The LS is nice but the SHO is indeed faster. LS still has a better suspension...the best ford has ever made i would say.

I will humbly admit an LS beat my car when I was stock. The Gen2s are slow in factory form. A Gen1 would be a better match up against an LS

Dude, I drove the 3.5 Ecoboost! Sucks! For $57K? For $10k more I would hold out for an AMG C class.

Dude, I drove the 3.5 Ecoboost! Sucks! For $57K? For $10k more I would hold out for an AMG C class.

ok,my mistake, ,,, $57K uuugh. no way. i'll pick one up in 5 years for 7k :). i'll never pay $57k for MKS, maybe 35-40K new, i would consider it

Well the LS is not a fast car but it isnt slow either. Stock vs Stock they can be quicker than marks.

But yes an SHO should of course be faster with almost 100hp more and 4 four wheels moving it vs two.

That is the the point I was trying to make. The advantage of having AWD is gone at speed. From 55mph, the only advantage would be the hp to weight ratio and the torque to weight ratio. I don't know what the final drive ratio is in every gear for the SHO but we would have to compare it to that of the LS and consider the tire diameter difference also.

Those old fox bodys werent really that fast to begin with. The LX was actually faster. They were just loud as hell with those pushrod blocks. The LS is nice but the SHO is indeed faster. LS still has a better suspension...the best ford has ever made i would say.

Man you hurt my feelings with this one. You were kidding about the old fox body stangs not being that fast. Whaaaaaaat. Well, you look like you are too young to remember those days so, I will cut you some slack on that one. Back then I was part of the Fast and the Furious crowd, well before the movie, so I can call myself an authority on the issue. If you or anyone else wants to know about the good old days back in the 80's in and around San Diego, just ask me. If you wanna go back farther than that, I can field questions for my father and his buddy Richard who use to run around Woodward Ave in hot Pontiacs and a Supercharged Chevy Corvair that could pop wheelies.

Finally, if you want to work that ride out a bit, you need to make a trip to the Tampa Bay area. There is a bridge they call the Franklin. This is where you can go 90mph and look in your mirror and see some old lady flashing you to get around. Uh, wait that last part...hmmm...Damn!

Bet that AMG will cost 5 times as much in maintenance. Theres a 2011 mks ecoboost here for $40K with 7K miles. Anybody can go buy a M class or an AMG but keeping up with it is the real issue.

Man you hurt my feelings with this one. You were kidding about the old fox body stangs not being that fast. Whaaaaaaat. Well, you look like you are too young to remember those days so, I will cut you some slack on that one. Back then I was part of the Fast and the Furious crowd, well before the movie, so I can call myself an authority on the issue. If you or anyone else wants to know about the good old days back in the 80's in and around San Diego, just ask me

Doesnt matter how old i am. Im not a child and the LX is the faster of the two because it was lighter and still the preffered one today.

I would not get one because im too damn big to fit in one but i would take an LX over a gt. Just cause i have an LS doesnt mean i don't know about older cars. Have a 72 chevelle with a 350 also.

Well, I hear ya. I will say this...the GT was a little heavier but that extra heft allowed for more consistant launches because they were very difficult to launch well. The GT had better aero though so top speed was way better. 148mph with 3.08 gears and 153mph with 3.27 gears like I had. That 5.0 was compared with the original Boss 302 from back in the day and actually gave better performance over all.

You were talking about the notch back right? That one was dangerous beyond 130mph. I taught a few courses to a girlfriend I had on the CHP that had to drive one. They had about 300lbs of equipment in the trunk so it was a little better but still harry after 140mph.

Yes this sweet ride here:

2el5b9d.jpg

You were talking about the notch back right? That one was dangerous beyond 130mph. I taught a few courses to a girlfriend I had on the CHP that had to drive one. They had about 300lbs of equipment in the trunk so it was a little better but still harry after 140mph.
Drive better. Or dont drive a worn out car. Had many Notch 5.0 Fox cars and took them WELL past 130 with no tail issues.

Well, I hear ya. I will say this...the GT was a little heavier but that extra heft allowed for more consistant launches because they were very difficult to launch well. The GT had better aero though so top speed was way better. 148mph with 3.08 gears and 153mph with 3.27 gears like I had. That 5.0 was compared with the original Boss 302 from back in the day and actually gave better performance over all.
Negative. That is all.

Oh yeah. I remember. 1987-1993. All should thank us Mustang riders from this era for if it weren't for us, the Mustang would have gone to FWD in the form of what became the Probe. We were all set to march on Dearborn! They didn't want that.

Really?

Drive better. Or dont drive a worn out car. Had many Notch 5.0 Fox cars and took them WELL past 130 with no tail issues.

I find it funny how someone can assume I was talking about a worn out car. Drive better? I was one of the better drivers. No, one of the best. I bought my Mustang ordered from the factory with some of the interceptor options. I can tell you for a fact the reason the top speed was 140 to 148 in the standard configuration was due to the limitations of the notch back.

Anyway, I find joy in arguing about this stuff. Lol

I find it funny how someone can assume I was talking about a worn out car. Drive better? I was one of the better drivers. No, one of the best. I bought my Mustang ordered from the factory with some of the interceptor options. I can tell you for a fact the reason the top speed was 140 to 148 in the standard configuration was due to the limitations of the notch back.

Anyway, I find joy in arguing about this stuff. Lol
The reason the top speed was under 150mph is because they have no power. They are not "limited" by any electronic means. I aqm well aware of the FWD fiasco Ford almost slipped by us as well. I have owned 27 Mustangs and worked on hundreds. I am VERY familiar with them and their inner workings.

As for being the best driver.........

2000035887522228730_rs.jpg

As for the Eco Boost sucking........ I guess thats why opinions are like ass holes.

Members online

Back