2010 Lincoln MKZ Unveiled!

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Interior looks amazing, back looks meh, front looks great. So much better than the old Zephyr and MKZ. I'm glad they ditched the "retro" style cheap interior.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/19/la-2008-2010-lincoln-mkz-unveiled/

-
The MKZ's interior also gets a refresh with a focus on high quality materials that's highlighted by new genuine aluminum and wood trim and an all-new instrument panel with a next generation voice-activated navigation system. The seats are now wrapped in high quality Bridge of Weir leather and are available in perforated suede. Other interior changes include new door trim, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood inserts.

-
In an effort to separate itself from the competition, Lincoln also focused on providing a high level of standard technology features. The Blind Spot Information System, Cross Traffic Alert, SYNC, and adaptive HID headlights are all exclusive to the entry level luxury sedan segment. The MKZ also features real-time traffic and weather data via SIRUIS Travel Link, a reverse camera system, and a premium THX II sound system with 14 speakers and a 10BG hard drive.

-
Fortunately, this option has been added for 2010 with the new SelectShift transmission. The powertrain is also now more efficient, dropping the 0-60 mph time from 7.7 to 7.1 seconds. All-wheel-drive remains an option, although it has been retuned for better traction and less noise.

-
The MKZ suspension received a few minor changes, as well. The position of the rear lower control arms have been changed for improved handling characteristics, and the steering pump has been altered to provide better response and less effort at low speeds. For the AWD system, the suspension has been tuned for more neutral handling in corners.

02_lincolnmkz2010.jpg

00_lincolnmkz2010.jpg

03_lincolnmkz2010.jpg

23_lincolnmkz2010.jpg

26_lincolnmkz2010.jpg

Exterior looks better in black, IMO.

Now it looks less like a rebadged Fusion, with the huge interior update. I wouldn't mind getting this to replace my LS, especially with those 14 speakers and all!

black-3.jpg

black- 2.jpg

black.jpg

29_lincolnmkz2010.jpg

Looks great! Like I said in the other post this is definitely the right direction for Lincoln. Looks alot better then Cadillac now we just gotta see them step up the performance aspects of the brand :p

Looks great! Like I said in the other post this is definitely the right direction for Lincoln. Looks alot better then Cadillac now we just gotta see them step up the performance aspects of the brand :p

Can't wait until the EcoBoost engines come out. Would do wonders to the current ponderously slow barge-like Lincolns.

Very nice interior. :)

Not keen on the rear end styling. :(

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

interior is nice, but it doesnt make up for that exterior. id take a newer acura over this.

I like it, nice style indeed. Have to agree about the tail though, kinda weird, seems out of place a bit.

The tail lights work better on the Mark VIII's cause it's a wider car. I like the front end and interior, though.

The Mark VIII is only 2 inches wider though. I also just realized it's the same rear lights as on the Lincoln Continental Concept car in 2002, as well as the Mark 9 concept.

0-60mph in 7.1 seconds is slow compared to competition. An 03 Acura TL or G35 Sedan is faster... this car is 7 years newer, not a good look for Lincoln.

Lets see....

2009 Lincoln MKZ $32,695-$34,585, 265hp, 17/28 mpg

2009 Acura TL $34,955-$43,235, 280-305hp, 17/26 mpg

2009 Infiniti G35 sedan $32,250-$34,750, 306hp, 17/25 mpg

mpg based on high/low of city and highway for ALL models including AWD

IMHO. The Acura cannot compete with the MKZ or the G35.

Between the MKZ and G35. Its personal choice performance, mpg, and style.

BTW Info from Yahooautos.com

Saw the 2010 MKZ in person today at the DC Autoshow- looks great. The new interior is gorgeous, and much classier looking than the old "retro" look.

My Salesman let me drive his demo car today, while I was there for something else. While I am spoiled now by my MKS the new MKZ interior is very nice and the car has great acceleration. I am 6' 4" and find the leg room adequate for driving around the city but would be tight on a long road trip.

Lincoln Mercury of Dayton has a Tuxedo black 2010 MKZ on their lot for sale. The car looks really good for what it is. I'll bet the two tone 19's off the MKS would fit just right on that baby!!

Needs more V8 & RWD.

Dam skippy!!!

I agree FWD is in no way luxury.

True.

I guess Audi isn't luxury then.

AWD Audis are, wrong-wheel-drive Audis aren't. You'll notice the FWD Audis are much less expensive and considered more "entry livel" vehicles than the much higher class, more expensive, more powerful, and better equipped AWD Audis. Plus, AWD Audi's are full-time AWD vehicles that send the majority of the engine's power to the correct (rear) wheels as it should be .

;)I know this thread is oooooooooooooold, but I just love bashing those cheesy little wrong-wheel-drive imitation Lincolns:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back