2009 hot rod power tour

On June 6th I'm heading out west on my motorcycle. When the wife asks if we could take a motorcycle trip out to the mountains ... sorry but the Mark loses that battle.

So just a few days away now any word on a good meeting spot in Madison on Saturday or Racine on Sunday?

I'm guessing I will be rolling to town around noonish. I think what would work best is if there is a good place for us to meet and get dinner some ware?

What do you Wisconsin guys think, any Ideas?

I’m trying to get the weekend figured out before I leave.

so currently tomorrow it will be 3 marks cause chris I would guess cant get up that early me and damian are meeting up at 8 am then with markviiiedrea at 8:30 am hope to see some people out there my number is 763 670 6469

Well I'm in Kenosha, WI right now. I should have done the Power Tour.

Due to weather blocking my way to CO and temps and snow changing my trip from WY to CO ... we didn't take off on our Motorcycle trip.

If I would have know this I would have fixed my sight front end issue on my 94 gotten my alignment done and taken the tour to Detroit.

Right now I'm sitting in a coffee shop in K-Town pouting that I'm not on the Power Tour.

Sucks you didn't get to take your trip. I had union meetings from mid-morning till about 1:30 in the afternoon Sunday then I took my son down to the lakefront and checked out the cars. Just an unbeliveable amount of cool cars.

We'll see you in Muscatine.

The lakefront was beautiful, we didn't arrive until almost 5:00. We parked right next to the lake next to the Napa stand. I couldn't believe when they left, they dropped a huge pile of garbage right on the lake front. :mad: I won't be on the rest of the tour. Need to get back to work. Have fun guys. Oh yeah, there was a guy from Missouri there with a black 98 with a 5.4 and a supercharger. Pretty cool, except it stuck out the hood like a foot!:eek:

Got back from the tour tonight, I will get some pics up tomarrow. Too tired now. Would have been nice to see a few more marks but it was still fun.

We joined the tour in Detroit and from there we traveled to Dayton-OH, Somerset-KY and finally Bristol-TN before returning home. Some pics of the tour...

Detroit
mini-DSC01913.jpg

mini-DSC01967.jpg

mini-DSC01977.jpg

mini-DSC01987.jpg

mini-DSC01969.jpg

mini-DSC02014.jpg

mini-DSC02001.jpg

The Lincolns caught taking a short rest stop the next day...
mini-IMG00032-20090610-0957.jpg

Rollin' on the Tour...
mini-DSC02054.jpg

Some stage antics...
mini-IMG00058-20090611-1845.jpg

mini-IMG00063-20090611-1856.jpg

A rare hotel parking lot find...
mini-IMG00064-20090611-1955.jpg

A beginning of a typical early morning gathering for the driver's morning meeting...
mini-IMG00073-20090612-0808.jpg

Bristol...
mini-DSC02081.jpg

mini-DSC02083.jpg

mini-IMG00077-20090612-1412.jpg

The tour was grueling but absolutely a blast. Late nights and early mornings were the rule of the week.

A typical day began around 7AM gathering all the crew and gassing up before heading off to the driver's meeting. Then on the road for several hours usually with a couple or more short stops along the way. Arrive at the venue, polish the car, walk around the show and vendors. Usually spend some time at the stage events before heading off to the hotel in the evening and ending the night with dinner, a few drinks, some parking lot BS sessions and a few more drinks before finally calling it a night. :D

I'm not sure how many cars were in attendance but the number had to be in the thousands. To participate in this event is a true test of your mettle.

The Metro-Beach venue in MI was huge but was easily eclipsed by Bristol. The town of Somerset, KY wins the hospitality award hands down. The small towns of OH and KY were cool to drive through seeing all sorts of roadside spectators along the way.

The weather was wet at some part of the day for all but the last day. But for the most part, it wasn't bad. We had a group of up to five Mark VIIs and a Mark V along with my '96 Mark VIII. A Shelby Mustang and another Mustang joined along with the Lincoln clan for most of the tour. Trying to keep such a convoy together in traffic can be exciting at times, but it was just cool rolling together as a group. :cool:

Many more pics can be found here...

http://imageevent.com/driller/hrpt2009

Sit back and enjoy the slide show. :)

dont you love how there will be people in the middle of nowhere on an over pass waving with power tour flags I hope some day to make the whole trip
on the trip my mark did break a ride height sensor but in 10 min i put my spare in and was on my way

I wish I could have went all the way to TN, I'm guessing there going to start there next year. I wonder if there going to stay midwest or back to the east coast again.

Nice pics! I can tell you one thing its was fun keeping 3 mark VIIIs together all through WI!:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back