2007 Cadillac Escalade features more chrome and power

How about some one look up some Lincoln firsts or for that matter Ford firsts. I have Ford Linc Mercury running in my blood. I liked the prevoius Escalade but this one looks wierd I guess it will take some getting used to.

Like I said all manufacturers platform share but can you justify a Trail blazer/Envoy/Rainier/Ascender/Saab version? all the identical car with identical seats, steering wheel, instrument cluster etc, etc. Same thing with ANY of Gm's full size tucks, suvs(Tahoe,Yukon,Escalade, Hummer Sut, Hummer H2, Yukon Denali, Avalanche, Escalade Ext, Escalade Esv, Suburban, Yukon XL, Sierra, Sierra HD, Silverado, Silverado HD, Sierra Denali). Let's see, for Ford (I'm commenting on trucks and suvs.) we have Mark LT/F-150.
Mountaineer/Explorer (I don't see a Volvo, Mazda, Land Rover, or Jag version of those). (They don't make the Aviator anymore, more importantly there was not an interior piece besides the headliner that interchanged with the Explorer.) Also the Escape/Mariner/Tribute. Thats all-Expeditions and Navigators do not have any resemblance interior-wise to each other. I do not dislike anybody for their opinions, and can agree to disagree, but I stand by my observances. By the way what year did GM buy Cadillac?

we have Mark LT/F-150.
Mountaineer/Explorer (I don't see a Volvo, Mazda, Land Rover, or Jag version of those). (They don't make the Aviator anymore, more importantly there was not an interior piece besides the headliner that interchanged with the Explorer.) Also the Escape/Mariner/Tribute. Thats all-Expeditions and Navigators do not have any resemblance interior-wise to each other. I do not dislike anybody for their opinions, and can agree to disagree, but I stand by my observances. By the way what year did GM buy Cadillac?

Thats because as I stated before Ford does not manage those companies.Ford ONLY profits off them.They manage themselves.GM manages every manufacturer they own.GM has to work with all those companies and there in a slight financial bind at the moment along with the rest of the automotive industry.

How come the Aviator isn't made anymore?Is it because they were a complete failure?

GM purchased Cadillac on July 29,1909.

Honestly,I have no idea.I was going by what this guy said.I was shocked when I heard it.

Aviator was discontinued in 2005. It will come out again in 2007 as a cross-over vehicle with the 3.5 V6. Supposedly it did not sell as well as they thought it would, although suprisingly I see more of them where I live than I do Navi's. Probably just a demographical thing.

nice cts, i mean dts, wait sts

All new Cadillacs share the same design cues.Doesn't mean they look exactly alike.Theres a big difference inside and out on all those three.Lincolns hardly share any design cues.Besides the grills on Lincoln of today.If you took the grills of the Town Car,Zephyr,Navigator and LS you would think they all belong to 4 different brands.They don't share design cues like BMW's,Audi's,Mercedes Benz's,Cadillac's,and just about all manufacturers do today.When you see a CTS coming from a distance,you know it's Cadillac.When you see a Town Car coming from a distance,your never sure if it's a Town Car,or a Grand Marquie,or Crown Vic.Or the bland styling of the LS,which shows no cues with anyother Lincoln,besides that grill ofcourse.Get stuck behind a Zephyr,or wait,is that a '97 Honda Accord?Damn,too hard to tell.

I disagree, they all have the trademark waterfall grille. There is no other car than the LS that looks like a LS if you can't tell what it is then you just are not familiar enough with the car to recognize it.

I focused on the grill as Lincoln's only cue that they all share.Nothing else is similar on Lincolns.What I said is that none of them look alike.None of them share the same cues BUT the grill.I know what the LS is.I can recognise it.Any car enthusiasts can recognize any car.However most people aren't automotive enthuiasts.What I said is that most people don't know that an LS is an LS(or a Lincoln for that matter) when it's coming toward them.Most people know a CTS is a CTS(and a Cadillac)when they see one coming toward them.Why?Because all Cadillacs share design cues.The egg crate grill,the edgy body styling,the stacks headlights,the stacked tail lights.Cadillacs also used to have stacked headlights and have always had vertical tails.So Cadillac made a major change in their design theme but still kept the classic Cadillac cues.Lincolns share a grill,thats it.And nothing with their ancestors.I also never said the LS looks like other vehicles.But the styling is very bland,plain and boring.So its not too much of a plus on Lincolns side.But now that you mention it the back of the LS does look a lot like my neighbor's '96 Honda Accord backside.

And the front end on the LS looks a lot like a 1998-ish Mitsubishi Diamante.It almost totally resembles the Diamante.

some better pics of the Escalade- looks somewhat improved in these shots, but I still think it looks too much like a rebadged Tahoe. I still can't believe they're using a steering wheel mounted shifter!

Dash.jpg

Cluster.jpg

Front.jpg

Stack.jpg

LeftFront.jpg

Engine.jpg

Lincoln Luebbe said:
I disagree, they all have the trademark waterfall grille. There is no other car than the LS that looks like a LS if you can't tell what it is then you just are not familiar enough with the car to recognize it.

With the upcoming 2007 Aviator, they're moving away from the waterfall grille to a new crosshatch grille, which IMO, looks fugly.

For the same reasons that I don't like the Escalade for being a rebadged Tahoe, I don't like the Mark LT either- looks like they just slapped some nickel chrome and wood on the F-150.

Stack.jpg

Cluster.jpg

Dash.jpg

FrontSeats.jpg

i am telling you all those buttons they do nothing for me. all i need is buttons for the a/c, heat, windows up/down, and the radio!

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
i am telling you all those buttons they do nothing for me. all i need is buttons for the a/c, heat, windows up/down, and the radio!

They should just remove the buttons and have everything respond to your clapping. one clap for windows, 2 claps for ac/heat, 3 claps for radio, etc...

btw, anyone else think the wood on the MarkLT looks really fake?

I have to say that the wood on the new Zephyr looks great, and very authentic. Have yet to see another car with that kind of wood treatment.

The Escalade interior looks very cozy.I like how they didn't go overboard with it.It's a very nice,smooth layout.Anyone know of a EXT or ESV model for the first year of the new design?The EXT would be interesting to see.Especially wihtout the same plain-jane 17inch brushed aluminum wheels.I agree that the wood in the LT looks very fake.It doesn't look very polished like most wood you see.And being the only piece of wood in the truck,it sticks out like a sore thumb and thats in a bad way.The best wood I have seen is the Zebrano in my Eldorado.And no Im not just saying that because im a Cadillac guy either.It really is very nice.One thing I do like very much in the Mark LT though is that the seats are outlined with black trim.It looks very good.And the Lincoln emblem on the center arm rest adds a nice touch too.Everything else is just plastic which shouldn't be in a Lincoln.

captainalias said:
They should just remove the buttons and have everything respond to your clapping. one clap for windows, 2 claps for ac/heat, 3 claps for radio, etc...

yeah i heard lexus is going to be adding those next year, on top of voice activated start!

New escalade inerior is SHARP! im glad they dumped that ugly a$$ zebranao for something a little classier. Doesnt look like every other plain jane gm products interior. They really hit it wit the interior on the dts and this new escalade.. too bad the front ends are uglier than hell and look like fat cts's.

The wood in the mark lt is maccassar ebony, and afaik its real. i can see some of you not liking it, but i f*cking love it. as stated before, its a rebadged f150, but it looks better than the f150.. whereas the escalanche looks just as bad as the avalance.
there are a couple of guys around here who have siverado 1500s that they have put mid 90's deville tail lights on, escalade front end and a few other things. pretty cool trucks, they dont even have to change the interior. ;-)

Lincoln better up the navigators power, thats seems to be what really sells cars these days.

Members online

No members online now.
Back