2007 Cadillac Escalade features more chrome and power

The wood its self in the Zephyr looks OK.I still like my zebrano a lot more.I don't think wood trim goes with that interior either.Wood and brushed aluminum definatly don't go well together.

Fake or real wood trim in the Mark 150,it still looks fake,and still looks like crap.You can't toss one piece of wood in a all black and silver plastic interior and expect it to look good.Because it doesn't.I think looks is an opinion.I think that both the Avalanche and Escalade are great looking.The Escalade just looks amazing though,which has a lot to do with its awsome sales.It is impossible for me to mistake a Avalanche for a Escalade coming down the road.And nearly impossible for anyone else.But,it is very easy for me and anyone else to mistake a F-LT for a Mark 150 coming down the road.Lincon didn't do ANYTHING different with the Mark LT other than the grill and the two reflectors on the tail gate.At least GM changed the shape of the healights,the tail lights,the grill,and added some body cladding that looks rather good to make it quite distinct from the Avalanche/Yukon.

the Mark LT doesn't even come with standard HIDs. I think Lincoln could've done more with the LT than what they did.

yeah first, they should of gave it a different name. instead they (Ford) disrespected the Mark nameplate, by giving it to a truck!

i think there are better things in store for the mark lt in the coming years. it happens to be the sexiest truck on the road, imo... so if i were in the market for a truck, thats the one for me. i do, admittedly, have a hard time calling it a lincoln. well see what 07 has in store for the lt.
i think the interior is quite cool, though it does need some updating.

zephyr interior is weird looking at first.. im not much of a fan of flamed maple(or birdseye in lexus's case), and definately think it looks odd in a car. but the more i see the interior the more i like it. i like how the wood inserts are on the side of the steering wheel. really unique.

the wood steering wheel in the new escalade is cool, reminescent of the wood wheel in an infinity. i dig it too.

For 2007 the Mark LT is getting navigation (with an upgraded THX sound system I'm sure..), 20's and some other minor changes. They always make improvements the second production year.

I don't think it needs updating.The interior is VERY modern looking.It follows every other new Ford design.Its just that Ford made the mistake GM did by not changing the interior.And also in my opinion they should have added more wood if they were going to add wood at all instead of one little piece.

if im not mistaken, there are some wood pieces on the doors as well.the problem with the wood in the lt is its so dark and so is the interior. i think they should offer different types of wood for different interior colors. i think the ebony would look great with an interior the color of the escalades up there. but the new esca interior is more along the lines of something i would like. its more car-like.

2758755997708521.JPG

and its real ebony. alot more expensive than the zebrano cadillac was using.

a few people down the street from me own these, im glad theyre selling.

Nakoa said:
i think there are better things in store for the mark lt in the coming years. it happens to be the sexiest truck on the road, imo... so if i were in the market for a truck, thats the one for me. i do, admittedly, have a hard time calling it a lincoln. well see what 07 has in store for the lt.

zephyr interior is weird looking at first.. im not much of a fan of flamed maple(or birdseye in lexus's case), and definately think it looks odd in a car. but the more i see the interior the more i like it. i like how the wood inserts are on the side of the steering wheel. really unique.

the wood steering wheel in the new escalade is cool, reminescent of the wood wheel in an infinity. i dig it too.

I'm not a big fan of the maple either, but they also have a darker colored wood for black and gray interiors that looks fantastic. I like the overall look of the Zephyr wood- just doesn't look as plasticky.

Are the Mark LT's seats individual to the mark, or do they come on the F-150 as well? They look like comfy captain's chairs...

That same wood is in the F-150 King Ranch also.Captain,they are the same seats in the King Ranch.

And wood that cost more doesn't necessarily make it better.My Zebrano looks 10 times better than ebony.

theyre a litle different than the king ranch seats. no, price doesnt make anything look better(look at mercedes), im a fan of ebony, so i think its pretty hot.

There is no difference at all in the seats other than a line a stitching going down the middle on the Mark LT.Other than that there the same.You don't even notice the difference.

FUGLY, the old esclade style was the ticket. Sorry I just couldnt pay that much for something that is that ugly. Rather spend the money on the RangeRover Sport. Come on like all the previous post say its just rebaged tahoe.

-Scott-

The old Escalade style only could have been around for so long before people started getting sick of it.It was is desperate need for a change.Inside and out.Though it was still bueatiful nontheless.This new one is the ticket.Its just was Cadillac needs.This will sell better than the previous ones,im willing to bet that.

The old one may have been a rebadged Tahoe.That is not the story with this one though.They are very different.And another step forward to blowing away the Navigator even more.

1992,Cadillac introduces the worlds first 32 valve V8 engine,the amazing Northstar

funny...having owned a 1985 Porsche 928 and it had a 5.0L DOHC V8...wierd how that goes, so maybe Cadillac copied Porsche. Who gives a rat's tushy about which one is better or not. The Escalade has the new 6.2L 400hp motor over the Lincoln. The Lincoln has real wood...joy.

I like the new Escalade, but is it better than the Lincoln??? Only will the owner of both at the same time will be able to answer that one.

Hmm,your right YouthKwest.I'll have to leave a comment at the resource I got that from.Maybe they meant its the first American 32V V8.

Lincoln,the interiors on the new Yukon/Escalades are different.Maybe you ought to look at the pictures again if you couldn't tell.

CpeVill, you have got Cadillac so far up your bottom end, I'm shocked an Escalade hasn't worked its way up and rolled straight out of your mouth.

Normally, I wouldn't even comment on somebody's conduct, but your posts are some amazing anti-Lincoln and Cadillac biased that one would think Lincoln shot yoru wife, and cadillac was that doctor who saved her life.

I can understand some people liking their brands, but you take the cake, the fork, the plate, and the bowl its ingredients were mixed in.

CpeVill, you have got Cadillac so far up your bottom end, I'm shocked an Escalade hasn't worked its way up and rolled straight out of your mouth.

Normally, I wouldn't even comment on somebody's conduct, but your posts are some amazing anti-Lincoln and Cadillac biased that one would think Lincoln shot yoru wife, and cadillac was that doctor who saved her life.

I can understand some people liking their brands, but you take the cake, the fork, the plate, and the bowl its ingredients were mixed in.

...Im glad you threw in your 2 cents...

I like Cadillacs.Not so much Lincolns.Maybe Im biased,I am a Caddy man.I like the cars.Ive driven just about every kind of Lincoln thats been built.I have experience from both worlds.I know what the better automobile is.This is a discussion board,is it not?We discuss cars here,that is what we do.If everybody liked every brand then this place would be boring.I don't think I have Cadillac up my "bottom end".I think you are just astonished of my knowledge on these cars.I make a huge post on something and now I got Cadillac up my as$?Please,your post was completely pointless.Lets stick to the topic.Got a comment on how I post?PM me,because as you can see,its been over a month since your post and nobody has replied to it,until now.Evidently nobody cares.

KC,I asked about that in an earlier post.I haven't found anything on an EXT.Im dieing to know what it will look like.I'll keep you posted though if I do find anything.

For the most part I like it, except the ugly grill and headlights. Never liked the new Caddie "EDGY" styling. I think top brass told the artist to be edgy and they took them to literally. Other than that they did a good job, I do like the fender vents ala Range Rover. The overall body looks good, much like the new Tahoe looks smoother, and the Avalanche dropped the ugly squint look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back