2007 Cadillac Escalade features more chrome and power

Hi Y'all

You seem to have a real nice site here. I'm planning on buying new rides for me and the wife this year. Really I wanted her to get an Escalade last year but felt it best to wait for the new tranny and engine. I want and EXT.

I have to say that pictures just do not tell the story on this vehicle ... or any vehicle for that matter. A flat two dimensional representation just cannot convey the reality of such a large object. I'm a photographer by the way. A case in point is the front end shot of a white '07 earlier in this thread. That shot is so tortured by lens distortion as to be funny actually.

I hope some one who has taken the plunge as an early adopter will soon let us all in on the ride and performance of the '07 Esky. I think Edmonds must be boycotting it or something. I'm quite satisfied with the looks. I was able to examine one and sit in it and got the $.50 tour but there is just nothing to drive anywhere. They are sold before the dealer ever sees them. I was truly impressed with the truck both inside and out. It is very classy in a typical American bravura sort of way. The power folding seats are nice. Too bad they don't fold flat but then it'd be a minivan and I certainly don't want that. I really wonder about this 6 speed. That's a BIG gamble. If it hunts in the hills that would kill the deal for me.

Refering back to the picture of the Rangerover on the first page. It surprises me that people rave about this styling. To me it is very odd looking. Sort of like something someone in the fifties might have designed if they were told to keep it very square. That little brim in the back actually looks silly. But there is no accounting for taste. To each his own.

My response to the Lincoln lovers here regarding the Navigator is .... sorry. Navigator is a nice truck but that grill they put on it for '07 (maybe it's '06 I don't know) is really cartoonish. Unbelievable really.

Anyway ... go look at the truck. The whole package is pretty darn nice and much better than the pics.

Scotty

Caddy is definately up on Lincoln in the power department. Unfortunately both the escalade and navigators don't seem to be hitting it right with their styling for the new models. Lincoln will soon catch up and pass caddy and all the other suv/truck V-8's with their Hurricane engines. A 6.2L V-8 will be introduced in either 2008 or 2009. Probably will be too little, too late by then.

I test drove both the escalade pickup and the LT when I was truck shopping last year. The escalade had a very nice ride, and the extra power was noticeable. I've always been a Ford guy, and the Escalades just seem to fadish to me. I finally decided on getting a F-150 and just doing the Mark LT conversion, minus the parts I didn't like. I'm an Alaskan boy, so leather isn't my best friend. I also didn't like the chrome bumpers or cladding, so I went with a monotone look instead. Also, Lincoln didn't choose red in their limited line up of colors, so I took that issue into my own hands as well. Now I've got a one of a kind with horsepower (thanks to whipple) that will keep both the caddy's and the LT's in my rear view mirror. All in all I spent about 10 grand less than an escalade, and a few thousand less than a LT, and that includes lowered suspension, supercharger and 22" wheels/tires. Lincoln did a piss poor job with their LT's, and needs to restyle them completely different than the F-150's to make some sales. I doubt anything will catch up with the Escalades though, they have become too popular, and too many people will do what they can (including getting into nightmareish leases) to have one.

Roush%20Mark%20LT.JPG

with all the craze(07s) the 02-06 models should be alot cheaper to bargain with since many dealers are trying to get them out of their inventory, to make room for the 07s...

Members online

No members online now.
Back