2004 lincoln ls v8 shaking very bad!!!

BlakLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
My lincoln ls has been shaking very bad to the point that I don't/Can't drive it, It's throwing error codes withcheck eengine light on, ignition coil malfunction errors even after changing them all, and changing the spark plugs, I'm still getting the same codes! The car shakes, hesitates in other words its misfiring all over the place, any one have a fix for this issue? Been without my car for almost 3weeks now.

What codes? What coils and plugs are you using? Coil connectors secure on the coil (clipping in and all)?

What codes? What coils and plugs are you using? Coil connectors secure on the coil (clipping in and all)?

Also, are the fuel injector connectors fully seated and latched?

What's the list of codes?

I haven't heard of secondary tensioners going in a second gen, but if everything else seems right, maybe the timing is slightly off? Are you getting any codes for a lean bank? also check for proper vacuum.

I like joe's advice about checking the injector connectors. When I had a tensioner replaced, my car was still running VERY rough. I drove it back to the mechanic. We popped the hood, and noticed the #6 fuel injector connector wasn't seated fully. Ran fine after that.

The codes were po356 po357 po358 po353, which are the same codes I got even after I changed all of my coils out I took it to the stealership he tested all of my coils he said the coils were good, He said the reason why its was missing and shaking so bad is because two of my injectors are not getting any power to them, oh and also, my pcm was bad. So its getting repaired at the stealership now, hoping this solves my problems grand total for repairs $1360...:mad:

I wasn't getting power to two of my injectors, would this cause the shaking, and misfire? And plummet in gas mileage?

There is now some history of PCM failures on the LS. Mine effected the transmission, but some effect drivability. My understanding is Ford has obsoleted these PCM's, so if that is your issue, aftermarket or used may be the only way to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHISy6A5xIA
I'm waiting for my pcm to ship to the dealership, they ordered last Wednesday. So im waiting for it, so ready to get back on the road.

I'm questioning my sobriety because I'm seeing that Dorman harmonic balancer for $60.:shifty: What's the verdict on Dorman parts?

Hit and miss. I see you have a 04, your original should last far past the life of your car. 06 had a bad batch of balancers.

Hit and miss. I see you have a 04, your original should last far past the life of your car. 06 had a bad batch of balancers.

Unfortunately, I had mine replaced already at the end of last year, along with the crankshaft pulley. My local mechanic purchased and replaced both and the total was near $2000 after labor. I think I paid $800 for the new harmonic balancer. And now after replacing coils and plugs last week, I noticed the crankshaft pulley wobbling a little too much like the way it did when I had to get it replaced. I'll record it when I get a chance.

Unfortunately, I had mine replaced already at the end of last year, along with the crankshaft pulley. My local mechanic purchased and replaced both and the total was near $2000 after labor. I think I paid $800 for the new harmonic balancer. And now after replacing coils and plugs last week, I noticed the crankshaft pulley wobbling a little too much like the way it did when I had to get it replaced. I'll record it when I get a chance.

Crankshaft pulley=harmonic balancer? Unless you're talking about another pulley.

Crankshaft pulley=harmonic balancer? Unless you're talking about another pulley.

Are they the same or two seperate parts because if they're both one in the same I'm gonna have to have a little chit chat with my mechanic...

I can't remember, but I swear he had me pay for two separate parts. I'm talking about the biggest pulley in the lower middle btw.

Are they the same or two seperate parts because if they're both one in the same I'm gonna have to have a little chit chat with my mechanic...

I can't remember, but I swear he had me pay for two separate parts. I'm talking about the biggest pulley in the lower middle btw.

Unless there's a communication error, it's the same. I would like to know what two parts he charged you for. Technically the shop manual refers to it as a crankshaft vibration damper.

I know for sure the harmonic balancer was replaced. Until now I thought the two were seperate parts. Maybe it was the idler pulley he also said needed to be replaced. I wish I could remember and I doubt I could find the receipt. I love the LS, which is why I own another one, but I've been losing track of spending between repairs, maintenance and some mods. What I do remember is that when it was in the shop for the harmonic balancer and possible other part replacement, it was the most costly repair.

It wouldn't be unexpected to have to replace the tensioner assembly (which has a pulley on it) too. It might have been worn out by the bad damper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back