2002 LSE Restoration

It an automatic unfortunately. but before you get bummed I have been scowering all the autowreckers in a 200 mile radius and found a 5 speed pulled the trany and all the goodies considering converting this one :)

Ok I'm bailing on the idea of swopping out the trany after much investigation and a look at what it's gonna take it's not worth the end result oh well on with the rest of the restoration

Alot of friends are trying to get me to go with the new Lincoln color Tuxedo Black with blue pearl

I'm getting my LS painted Tuxedo Black. Just got the call yesterday from the shop and she will be ready on Monday.

Preping the hoods for primer and paint. Aircraft stripping to ensuer no damage from heat and greatly reduces sanding time.

:)

14.jpg

15.jpg

I've been really thinking about trying on of those.

PLEASE post pics when yours comes in?

Kit arrived today. Looks great hardware is nice and the spoiler fit looks good. I'd say worth the investment and my body shop likes the product

spoiler.jpg

That looks pretty damn good and for the price you cant beat it!

If thats not an lse spoiler, it sure looks real close and for the price that is great!

What i all that mounting hardware, does it bolt on or goes on with 3M tape or similar?

I like that spoiler alot, cant wait to see it on the car. Very close to the genuine LSE spoiler. I think I'm going to go with the Wings West spoiler myself. Andrizzle's look awesome IMO but maybe the Wings West spoiler looks better on a gen2 than it would on my gen1. Hmmmm....Now I'm stuck.

Keep up the good work Renzo and bring another LS back from the dead...

If thats not an lse spoiler, it sure looks real close and for the price that is great!

What i all that mounting hardware, does it bolt on or goes on with 3M tape or similar?

The hardware is impressive. You get two stainless steel bolts and washers that screw into threaded nuts imbedded into the fiberglass. You get additional positioning guides and tape. Mounting requires drilling the trunk lid but they provide finishing plugs for the hood frame holes I'll photograph the assembly when we do it

The hardware is impressive. You get two stainless steel bolts and washers that screw into threaded nuts imbedded into the fiberglass. You get additional positioning guides and tape. Mounting requires drilling the trunk lid but they provide finishing plugs for the hood frame holes I'll photograph the assembly when we do it

dammm so it won't hold on with just 3m? im terrified of drilling holes in my trunk again. Did it before with another spoiler, then changed my mind about it, and paid for it by driving around with like 6 holes on my trunk for months!

will def look forward to the pictures tho, they might convince me.

I have mine with just tape too, Its holding just fine, that I know of.

dammm so it won't hold on with just 3m? im terrified of drilling holes in my trunk again. Did it before with another spoiler, then changed my mind about it, and paid for it by driving around with like 6 holes on my trunk for months!

will def look forward to the pictures tho, they might convince me.
B
The body shop guys helping me with the restoration assure me no big deal with the holes and the fitment ensures no water penetration. I'm not excited about drilling either but they tell me they do it all the time

My LSe spoiler is just mounted with 3m tape (genuine), I dont think you have to drill holes if you have tape.

Tape used to mount my oem LSE spoiler. Been on about 8 months without issue.

Tape used to mount my oem LSE spoiler. Been on about 8 months without issue.

Ok, I've been provided with tape as well I'll give it a go first thanks guys. On another note I should have the bumpers finish sanded this weekend at which point all the parts removed from the car will be primed and finish sanded the following week. We will start on the body of the car next week. I'm going it alone with some help from one or two of the body guys after hours and on weekends. ITs a slow process so stay with me I figure it may be a month before I'm done just in time to take it down mainstreet in the middle of a blizzard lol

Front bumper finished last step for the parts taken of the car time to prime and block the parts removed and start on sanding the enitre body

18.jpg

BUMP?

c'mon Renzo you've been on the board..where are you with this project?

Sorry boys I had some family emergencies to deal with and it delayed me in the shop but I'm back. The sandings all finished I'll post some pics soon

Sorry

Are you going to be doing any custom molding or body work while everything is in the bare state.

Are you going to be doing any custom molding or body work while everything is in the bare state.

Thinking about some additional ground effects but concerned because I'm going to lower the ride with the Eibach kit

Members online

No members online now.
Back