2001 Lincoln LS8 in Virginia (757)

He's steering you wrong. He's talking about the fuel line quick disconnect tool, but the connections at the fuel pump don't use those. The tool he's talking about is needed at the fuel rail and the fuel filter.
Search, and your answer has been here all along...
https://www.google.ca/search?as_q=l..._occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

(I and my negativity were going to stay out of this, but I hate to see someone pointed in the wrong direction.)

Aw crap. I missed the picture of the fuel pump. I saw Kid's post quoting Loud's fuel rail treasure map and thought Kid was still talking about being at the fuel rails I guess. Maybe the word "disconnect" threw me off.

Its not the alt. . Got it tested..m 14+volts... batter is 100+ over the CCA... he says it may be the cats.. the exhaust does smell funny.. headache actually..

My valve cover is leaking. ..

Yea, it takes forever to get to 20mph...then 30 and after that.. it n kicks in...still hesitant..but kicks in

VCG leaking ... you may want to pull the plug as see if you can detect oil in the plug wells, chances are you are misfiring like crazy, CATs getting damaged and while your in there changing out the Valve Cover Gaskets, your chance to check on the Secondary tentioners and chain, turn it over by hand and verify the cams flats line up, just in case it's jumped a tooth on the exhaust side.

Fun eh? Fred not though!

~ "Life is like a Lincoln, repair as you go!" <:: copyright 2016 BigRigLS

VCG leaking ... you may want to pull the plug as see if you can detect oil in the plug wells, chances are you are misfiring like crazy, CATs getting damaged and while your in there changing out the Valve Cover Gaskets, your chance to check on the Secondary tentioners and chain, turn it over by hand and verify the cams flats line up, just in case it's jumped a tooth on the exhaust side.

Fun eh? Fred not though!

~ "Life is like a Lincoln, repair as you go!" <:: copyright 2016 BigRigLS
Will do. Yea, it sounds as if the car isnt getting .....something... It cuts off as if the battery is dying. I start bbc.co it, shift gears, and then it cuts off.

Like the others have already stated, you really need to include an OBDII reader in your arsenal of tools there Mr. Mechanic

There are most likely some important DTC's stored that would point you in the right direction but yeah first things first ~ fuel, air, spark.

Who's to say someone pissed off at the PO didn't dump a handful of sugar in the tank. Even two year old fuel will give you troubles.

Like the others have already stated, you really need to include an OBDII reader in your arsenal of tools there Mr. Mechanic

There are most likely some important DTC's stored that would point you in the right direction but yeah first things first ~ fuel, air, spark.

Who's to say someone pissed off at the PO didn't dump a handful of sugar in the tank. Even two year old fuel will give you troubles.
Would you believe that the parts store had their obdii stolen? Smh. I'll try another tomorrow. I have one but it's in storage.... I'm dumb. Lol

Not every, just most. It could be worse. BMW (I know, not your favorite) is really crazy on some of their more recent cars. They keep the alternator off if the battery is at least 80% (or some other percentage they picked) charged, unless the car is coasting down hill. It's trying to squeeze a tiny bit more MPG out. It doesn't save the owner any money though. On some models, the battery must now be replaced at each oil change.

My 535i does that. Due to the high electrical load running the fan to try and cool the engine down on the 550 (turbos in the "Vee" doesn't help with controlling heat) BMW now recommends/requires battery replacement at (IIRC) every oil change. I had to replace the battery (man, oh man AGM batteries sure ain't cheap!) so upgraded it from the 90 amp battery to the 105. Battery replacement also requires "car registration". BMW's charging strategy is pretty complex in order to save those few MPGs...

52be1a8b4b5d464d61e0d9d0e0a36902.jpg

These are my codes...

Plus I think I'm starting to have that coolant issue that you all speak of. My level sparked out nowhere.

Yeah ..hmmm.. pretty cool purchase huh? but hey, at least it's a Lincoln LS.

Let me guess, we are going to put aftermarket coils and degas bottles in?

China coils and Dorman bottles

vs.

OEM $$$

Yup, in the last 2 days, my coolant has exploded under the hood 3 times...

After further investigation, the pipe in the front of the engine has a crack in it.

I'm lucky I don't look like Harvey Dent. It exploded in my face after driving once I opened the hood yesterday. Thank you Jesus.

I swapped out my Coolant Outlet Tube with a junkyard one. Had a hairline crack.

However my temp keeps spiking.... I need new coolant. I probably diluted mine too much from overheating.

7eff6680c4525092c1d129631c7b7fa9.jpg
25517b11fc13fbf4f85dc816a6aa23e9.jpg
d4cd71b0b903069ae4350b23a0c2dcb0.jpg
d243b569633f40dd4d5516130d7baf66.jpg
ff9f9170b18fa6fb3df9c2c6b9f47180.jpg

See reply in other thread. Search the forum for why.

My coolant boils to the point where I can feel it rumble when the car is off. After driving for a while it explodes under the hood. I just replaced the Outlet Tube. Could the Degas bottle be bad?

I, however, did fill the tank with water in the meantime until payday to get by. Could it be overly diluted?

It's more likely that it is air being expelled into the degas tank. If you didn't bleed it by the book, then this happens. Also, the cracked plastic is probably drawing more and more air in. The engine has failsafe cooling, but letting it run hot like this is probably shortening its life. (It runs hot before the gauge ever passes the half-way mark.)

It's more likely that it is air being expelled into the degas tank. If you didn't bleed it by the book, then this happens. Also, the cracked plastic is probably drawing more and more air in. The engine has failsafe cooling, but letting it run hot like this is probably shortening its life. (It runs hot before the gauge ever passes the half-way mark.)
Well see that's the thing... my bottle doesn't leak at all. Whether I'm driving or parked it doesn't leak. It only explodes when I'm driving. So it may be air getting to it or the coolant. Either way, I'm gonna find out

Members online

No members online now.
Back