2001-2004 Devilles more reliable?

sorry but the cadillac doesn't have a 5 star crash rating.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sa...1&tab=5&sub=-1
I have owned a 1988 cadillac deville which died at 240K and had its back dropped to the ground. I have went to lots of junk yards when I had the deville and they had plenty to chose from with about 110k on them. I can't even find one single 95 continental.

I am not saying the car wasn't great, it really drove smooth and rode great but gave too many problems. BTW how is your AC working in your car, cuz I had to spent about $500 and still wasn't fixed. I always had to do some kind of code on the AC buttons.

Sorry.My fault.I miss read the stars where i went.Its actually 4 stars.With a 5 star roll over.Which is better than good crash test rating anyhow.

You guys keep mentioning the dead shocks.Were you surprised when your 18 year old Cadillac with 240K miles had dead shocks?I hope not.And I can find late 90's Town Cars all over these yards.And actually,the Continental is the car that most populated the Lincoln section.I seldom see a Mark sitting there.But loads of Town Cars and Continentals.And they write the mileage on the fender so you know what you buying from.Not one had over 150K miles on them.Thats honest.And honestly,last time I was there,I couldn't find a Cadillac newer than a 1990.This was about 4 months ago.

About the A/C.Mine works fine.Ive never had any such problem in any of my Cadillacs.I would suggest going to another shop if it still didn't work.And why didn't you take it back in if it didn't work.They have to do it free of charge.Plus most dealers include warrenties on their parts.

Don't forget,you never know what you get when you buy a used car.This is why I won't buy a used car.Used cars have problems because the previous owners don't treat them as I would a brand new car.Hence problems.Especially from a 1988.

CpeVillStr90 said:
You guys keep mentioning the dead shocks.Were you surprised when your 18 year old Cadillac with 240K miles had dead shocks?I hope not.And I can find late 90's Town Cars all over these yards.And actually,the Continental is the car that most populated the Lincoln section.I seldom see a Mark sitting there.But loads of Town Cars and Continentals.And they write the mileage on the fender so you know what you buying from.Not one had over 150K miles on them.Thats honest.And honestly,last time I was there,I couldn't find a Cadillac newer than a 1990.This was about 4 months ago.

About the A/C.Mine works fine.Ive never had any such problem in any of my Cadillacs.I would suggest going to another shop if it still didn't work.And why didn't you take it back in if it didn't work.They have to do it free of charge.Plus most dealers include warrenties on their parts.

Don't forget,you never know what you get when you buy a used car.This is why I won't buy a used car.Used cars have problems because the previous owners don't treat them as I would a brand new car.Hence problems.Especially from a 1988.
I agree that the air suspension on lincolns doesn't last long but there are other options now like converting them to coil. Most of the lincolns in the junkyards are Probably because of their air suspension.

Poeple aren't going to toss a Lincoln because their suspentions are dead.Like you said,there are coil replacements.I have heard an about major head gasket problems with either the V6 or V8 in these cars also.

cicerotowncar said:
Last month traded my 1998 deville(with 57000 miles) on a 2001 town car
due to what my mechanic told me what might be the start of a head gasket
problem( note that i changed fluids regularly). First lincoln product and
while it does not have the power of the deville, it does ride smoother
and less noisy than the deville. i also like the interior seats better than the
Deville. Hope to have better luck with the town car.
Another Town Car person, very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM or ford ???

Hello: CpeVillStr90
please don't tell them everything good about CADILLAC'S ,,Because if everyone was to buy cadillacs it would run the price up to high. And someone has to buy the junk (sorry I mean ford )!! Like I said before I have worked on cars for over 32 years, and we saw 10 times more LincolnscrownVics ( sorry I mean Fords) then we saw cadillacs, and that is a fact !! And as far as the crash test goes: ANYONE that buys a car just because of a crash test is a NUT, because first of all it is done buy running a car into a wall ( how meany cars do you see run into a wall) 85% of all crash's are with another car ( and that my friends is another fact), SO DON'T RUN YOUR CAR INTO A WALL !! All car makers have some bad luck at times, BUT there is no one that makes a car as good as "GM" !! BUT I cannot knock ford to much because ford has made me a lot of money (working on them ), and if you don't beleve me have a look at the service hour book on Cadillacs and then match it with lincoln and you will see the car that cost the most to fix.
BUT you lincoln guys are ok with me because at lest you not dumb enough to buy one of thoes little tuna cans from over seas !!!
EVERYONE have a good day !!!
cpri287972

cpri287972 said:
Like I said before I have worked on cars for over 32 years, and we saw 10 times more LincolnscrownVics ( sorry I mean Fords) then we saw cadillacs, and that is a fact !! And as far as the crash test goes:
I am not trying to be mean but what kind of problems have you seen with the 02 lincoln Town Cars cuz I haven't had a one problem with mine yet.

facts about NS cars

Lets get our facts in line here. Lincoln and Caddy owners should quit the feud, the real enemy is the imported crap! This site seems to be Lincoln biased, so I will offer Caddy facts as I am an owner of 2, and a few Lincoln facts as my buddy owns two as well. The Town Car is nice, and I do like the RWD. But since it is heavier, it handles no better than the Deville, and not as good as the STS FWD. The NS is designed to use oil because of the need to lube the top end. It was a sacrifice the engineering team made in the beginning, and current NS cars barely use any at all. I have two 96's, a Deville and an STS. The Deville barely uses 1 quart per change, the STS over two in the same period. I was told countless times that the Deville and STS were the same car, and I beleived them, until I bought the Deville. They do share many things, but there are more differences than you can imagine. The Deville does rival the Town Car in sheer comfort on the road, but not the STS. But the 96 STS can run a legit 14.8 second quarter mile, a figure no late model Lincoln can match. My friends 2000 Town car is nice, but that is not wood in the interior, it is plastic. The Bose stereo in the Caddy's is better than anything Lincoln has offered to date. The Caddy is only more expensive to fix on the struts vs air bags and the engine, but I have yet to see a premature engine failure on the NS. The NS does not cost 8 grand but more like 9 grand to replace new from the dealer. The Lincoln is a "tad" if any, more reliable. But the Lincoln is a Ford, not unique in anyway, shape or form. The NS was built entirely for Cadillac, and only recently used in "lesser" GM products. The 4.6 in the Lincoln, is a Ford motor. So Caddy traded it's motor down, whereas Lincoln did the opposite. Caddy did end up using Chevrolet parts, but the CTS-V uses Corvette technology, and so does the XLR. You show me a Lincoln that shares with it's own top dog, the GT, and I'll show you a car that I would buy! A SUV is a SUV and I do not like them at all. But they are almost always based on the parent company trucks, but the one that is not based on that premise is a Cadillac, the SRX, which is based on the CTS. I would much rather have a Cadillac based on a Chevy, or a Lincoln truck based on a Ford, than a rebadged Nissan, Toyota, or the like. Who builds the best trucks in the world? Ford and Chevy. Enough said!

Theres been alot of good points here, a college kid could do a report on all that we said! But we shoudnt fight one another, we have the two best cars in the world, Cadillac and Lincoln. So lets just join together and crush these rice burners! If i could, i would have both of the 2 worlds, maybe one day.....

This is a ok thread, but I think I will go visite the Town Car's site to see what they have to say about the Deville.

I really did enjoy my 2000 Deville.

017.jpg

It was probably the nicest vehicle I have ever owned and I really enjoyed driving it. Too many miles on it and I began to look for something with less miles so I got this 04 Crown Vic.

DSCN0043.jpg

Nice fun car that I did some mods to. After a year I traded it in on my 03 Lincoln LS. Now the LS does not ride as smooth as the Caddy, but it will out handle it by a long ways. I actually would like to find another low mileage Deville, maybe a DHS but nothing in my price range with factory warranty still left on it. Heck, my LS even has the extended 6yr/75K mile factory warranty that I transferred to my name. No pics of the LS yet.
Some of my other recnt rides:
http://rides.smokeys.org/files/
Long live Lincolns and Caddys!

Members online

No members online now.
Back