2000 LS with HID bi-xenon Projector headlights installed

Justin00LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and I thought I would give people idea's for some neat projects. I am getting ready to add angle eye's for the high beams on my hid projector setup.

Here is my projector setup taken apart for the update:
2607amr.jpg

2607cer.jpg

2607d6w.jpg

2607div.jpg

If you look at the building pictures, I have screws that go into nuts that allow me to fine tune each projector. (third picture shows this well)

High beams utilizes both the projector and the oem high beam halogen light. This means a BUNCH OF LIGHT!

The results:
The front end looks better than ever before. This retro looks like factory to every LS owner I've showed it to. I will post some pics of the beam pattern soon!

2607dsk.jpg

2607fbq.jpg

2jdnhhc.jpg

good mod...check out my garage, I did mine like a year ago....with the angeleyes....

hell yea i looked at both yalls headlights they are nice. i want them. someone should sell them haha cuz i don't know how to make them

00ls5spd said:
good mod...check out my garage, I did mine like a year ago....with the angeleyes....
Looks like another great retro!!! It is such a payoff when they are finished!

what kind of projectors did you use? are they new or did u get them off of another car. looks really good. very flush w/ the car definatly could pass for stock.

I used E46 BMW Bi-Xenon Projectors. I have multiple ballasts (Brand new) if anyone want to purchase a set. Here is a set or projectors I found if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...tegoryZ36476QQihZ009QQitemZ190042216484QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...tegoryZ36476QQihZ002QQitemZ120044154251QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...tegoryZ36476QQihZ006QQitemZ160041897377QQrdZ1

I know they are expensive but the light output is amazing. I rented an 04 LS with stock HID reflectors and the e46 is actually quite a bit brighter.

The circuitry that pulls in the bixenon solenoid for high beams is integrated in to BMW cars, so I had to design the circuitry myself. I can share the design of the circuitry that pulls in the high beam solenoid if anyone wants that... (only used with bixenon projectors)

Can you please post a few pictures of those lit up at night with both highs on, lows on, with and without fogs on?

Thanks

John

I want some!!!! Who wants to make me some, Ill pay. Im just tired of fing with my headlights. about to just buy some new ones. already have the angel eyes, but i just cant get them clear and clean enough

Looks nice! I was just wondering about that myself. It looks like you put a heck of a lot of time into those. How long did it take you?

Well here are the pictures everyone has been waiting for. I am very busy with school but I just snapped these photo's for you all. These front shots make it appear to have glare, but the projectors do not give any glare on low beam. The setup looks a whole lot better in person than in these pictures! Bosch projectors simply rock!

470it8h.jpg

Low Beam only

2j5zwgw.jpg

Low Beam with fog lights (soon to be upgraded:) )

33w76mq.jpg

High Beam (the projectors have a solenoid that is activated with the high beams as well)

2u4rf3r.jpg

Low Beam in parking garage during the day (nice, bright, AND even cut-off)

401k4kl.jpg

Low Beam with Fog lights(fogs are silverstars..big let down)

2ly0orm.jpg

High Beam in parking garage during the day (notice the projectors have no cut-off line when the high beam is activated. This puts more light further down the road, and a lot more at that!)

2rfy9ky.jpg

About 50ft away from the wall in parking garage

345mmmu.jpg

Here is a shot of the back of a projector. These are sealed a lot better than it looks. I have driven with these for over 6 months without any moisture problems.)

35kif4p.jpg

This is the Ls just sitting in the parking lot waiting to be driven!:D

I may install angel eyes...not sure if I want to spend the time putting them in though

If you ever get the time, I think that angel eyes would really add a nice accent to those projectors.

I just thought I would give an update. The projectors are still working flawlessly and I have not experienced any fogging issues.

I added 9005 65watt “3000k” nokya bulbs to the fog lights. I had H10 42 watt silverstars in there before. Any 9005 bulb (higher wattage) will fit right into the H10 slot on the 2000-2002 LS’s.

2ai4toy.jpg

(Picture of a 9005 Nokya yellow bulb vs. H10 Silverstar

2zs3amx.jpg

(42 watt silverstar on left vs. 2500k nokya bulb on right)

43m7579.jpg

(Nokya vs. Silverstar)

4c1j9u0.jpg

(Nokya vs. Silverstar)

2d8p4yd.jpg

(both nokya bulbs installed)

2dslgqw.jpg

(both nokya bulbs installed)

The lights are very yellow, like the new Lexus vehicles. It almost looks like it did not come stock with the car, so I am not sure if I like the look and if im going to keep them in the fogs or not. Let me know what you think!

Members online

No members online now.
Back