1998 ABS Wheel Speed Sensors ???

bhickmott

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any supplier that still offers wheel speed sensors for the 1998 Mark ? Someone had mentioned that they thought Delphi still made front sensors, but I have not been able to find a supplier who carries them. Does anyone have a web address or phone number where I can a contact a Delphi reseller or any other supplier who still offers any brand of sensor for the 98 Mark?

I have tried the following suppliers with no success. They do NOT carry any brand of sensor (front or rear) for the 98 Mark.

Advance Auto Parts
Autozone
RockAuto.com
O'Reillys
OEHQ.com
AutoPartsTomorrow.com
Autopart International

The 1998 Mark VIII sensor part numbers are as follows:

Right Front F8LZ-2C204-AB
Left Front F8LZ-2C204-BB

Right Rear F8LZ-2C190-AB
Left Rear F8LZ-2C190-AB

I did get the rear sensors from a local "Boneyard" and they tested fine in my car. It would be nice to think that you get the front sensors at a "boneyard" also, but it is impossible to get them out of the spindle without damage. They just "Rust" in place and you can't push them out.

Thanks for your help !!!

Youre already on the right track...a JY is about the only place to find those sensors, I've contacted several Lincoln dealerships, rare parts supliers and Late model restorations (formerly "5.0 Resto") and none can get them, that's why I try to keep a few extra dollars in my console change bag, incase there's a 98 in my JY i can grab extras

I've got a complete set, but I'd need a really good offer before I'd consider getting rid of them...plus, I don't know for sure if they all work, since they came from a junkyard car.

Bid for your front sensors

98's are year-specific, and unavailable from the dealer...

I'll pay $100 for a pair of working left and right front sensors. Check them with an ohmmeter. They should measure 26 to 30 ohms in one direction and infinity (open) when you reverse the test leads.

Email me if you are interested.

Bill
bhickmott@ironworksep.com

$100 for a pair? JYs aren't that cheap..might wanna get a night job or put in some overtime, speed sensors can get very pricey

98 Front wheel sensors

Yeah, it might NOT be "An offer that you can't refuse". Everyone has their price and that's the American Way !!!

Got a local 'Yard that has offered $80 bucks for the pair. Guess I'm all set !

Front Sensors $100

Let me get back to you 98lincmk71sc. My local yard that quoted $80 for the pair of front's has three 98's, but they could only get one RF sensor out safely. They are going to let the others soak in penetrating oil over the weekend. I'll let you know.

Tell the junkyard that they can be gently tapped out from the other side with a hammer.

It sounds bad, they are plastic, but it worked fine for me.

Front Sensor Removal

Sounds easy, but you do have to remove the wheel bearing hub assy to do so. Junkyards don't want to take the extra step. The other alternative is to buy the whole spindle & bearing assy with sensor intact. Unfortunately all 3 Marks in this case have 60 - 100K more miles than mine and they want double the price.

Does anyone know of any supplier that still offers wheel speed sensors for the 1998 Mark ? Someone had mentioned that they thought Delphi still made front sensors, but I have not been able to find a supplier who carries them. Does anyone have a web address or phone number where I can a contact a Delphi reseller or any other supplier who still offers any brand of sensor for the 98 Mark?

I have tried the following suppliers with no success. They do NOT carry any brand of sensor (front or rear) for the 98 Mark.

Advance Auto Parts
Autozone
RockAuto.com
O'Reillys
OEHQ.com
AutoPartsTomorrow.com
Autopart International

Left Front F8LZ-2C204-BB

Right Rear F8LZ-2C190-AB
Left Rear F8LZ-2C190-AB

I did get the rear sensors from a local "Boneyard" and they tested fine in my car. It would be nice to think that you get the front sensors at a "boneyard" also, but it is impossible to get them out of the spindle without damage. They just "Rust" in place and you can't push them out.

Thanks for your help !!!

The above part #'s listed have the same part # for the left and right rear abs sensor, is this correct?

The above part #'s listed have the same part # for the left and right rear abs sensor, is this correct?

the numbers listed are incorrect.

There's only 1 in the rear...so yes

There are two ABS sensors in the rear on any 93-98 Mark VIII.
On top of that, the L and R sensors are different in the 1998 only.

the numbers listed are incorrect.

There are two ABS sensors in the rear on any 93-98 Mark VIII.
On top of that, the L and R sensors are different in the 1998 only.

..........I know there are 2-rear sensors as well. Anybody know the part numbers for the left and right rear abs sensors for 1998 only. Actually I only really need the part # for the right rear. :)
- Ken

Correct 1998 sensor part numbers

Sorry for the "Typo" in my previous posting. The correct part numbers for front and rear are as follows:

Left Front F8LZ-2C204-BB

Right Rear F8LZ-2C190-AB
Left Rear F8LZ-2C190-BB

Sounds easy, but you do have to remove the wheel bearing hub assy to do so. Junkyards don't want to take the extra step. The other alternative is to buy the whole spindle & bearing assy with sensor intact. Unfortunately all 3 Marks in this case have 60 - 100K more miles than mine and they want double the price.

I was thinking about making a tool out of wood that fits arround the hub. Probably just cut a notch in a 2x3.

Members online

Back