1997 mark viii

K-FAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I did some searching and i came across a 1997 lincoln mark viii fpor 750 now theres a catch i wanna buy it but the car is in peices... meaning that its already been parted out but the motor and trnny is still in the car. i also live in an apartment and i have NO where to store the car unless i do a public storage. any ideas heres a picture of the car as well
**** i already discussed pickup***

-- tell me what u think or who can help me as well

97 dash.jpg

97engine.jpg

97body.jpg

750 bucks for what, for all intents and purposes is a shell with a motor and tranny?

I mean, realistically, what can you use off that car as it sits now?

No headlights, no rear lights, no interior to speak of, no tires even, to move it around, no door handles...

If you really have a hardon about getting that shell, then tell the guy, since he's made his money off it, to let you haul it away for free.

i agree with froggy. you will be doing him a favor. if you feel bad offer 50 bucks but i wouldnt pay any more than that. its gonna cost him money to haul that to the thing to the scrap yard.

plus, what your gonna spend to bring her back you probably could buy one in one piece.

waste of time and money. You can probably ask him to sell you the engine and tranny if in good shape, make him an offer.

k9
- he called ans told me that the car is still there and he wants 750 for it the way it is and honestly i wanted the headers and he claiming he wants the car out the yard

ill just do the motor and tranny and see what he says ill call hime right now

he has the kooks 3/4 headers on the car and there just sitting here? i offered him 350-400 for the motor and tranny is that a decent offer?

I talked to him about it the other day. It's really only good for parts. It does have the headers and 83k miles on the engine. also has 3.73's and an ice box. If you get it for parts, i'll buy the ivory interior, especially the door panels.:D Offer him a little bit to get it out of his way before he moves.

he just called me back and i told him i just want the motor and transmission and he wants to sleep on it over night i think im wasting my time..... any suggestions?ANYBODY

The junk yard will not take the car without rims and tires. That car is worth $200-$300 as it sits. I can get a running car for $750.

Just think I bought my running mark viii for 450 and it is a southern car.

You can get running and driving cars once in a while for 3-500. I drove one home for $400 a couple weeks ago and there's one in Louisiana right now for about $300. $750 is steep, even with the mods.

here , here is a little FYI, i just bought a 97 base model cordovan red with grey int last week, 89k miles, everything worked except one hid and the neon, everything else works, even the cup holder isnt broken, drove it 40 miles back to my shop, drove like a champ, runs mint, and this is how clean the engine is, $800 bucks cash, does that answer your question, that shell isnt worth it, all the money is gone, if all you want is a motor i'll sell mine for 500! with the trans!!!!

aucpics8-4055.jpg

aucpics8-4054.jpg

Dont pay that for that car...

And Jaime, its not fair that you constantly rub our face in your AMAZING deal... Jackass :D

If you do end up picking it up I want to trying modding the gauges so send me that section of the dash please!

well i find them, so obvioulsy you dont look good enough lol its not like i am some kind of magical human, i'm not different than anyone on here, look harder, or just be more like my father in law when you go look at them, be a dick to the seller, people drop prices just to get my father in law off their property, works great!!! and just to give you an idea how much of a dick you have to be.....
the car i mentioned above was listed on craigslist for $2,000 we left with it for 800, so do the math!

:) did that with the green mark....lol nah they're just not around here....welll cheap gen 2's aren't atleast

there is a much better car listed in the for sale section right now that has the whole body and interior, just engine in pieces for $500...

Members online

No members online now.
Back