1997 Lincoln Mark VIII - under 65,000 miles - Florida car

extremeautonews

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII with 63,000 Original Miles!
2 previous owners who were senior citizens.
I purchased the car when the 2nd owner was no longer able to drive.
I drive the car daily as it is my only transportation.
The car is is really good condition and low miles for a 1997
This model was only made in 1997 and 1998.
I have owned the car for a few months and have had no problems.
I did however replace the Belt, Tensioner and Idler Pully because of a loose belt.
The car is all original with no modifications.

I am asking 5500.00 or may possibly trade for a mini van or small SUV that is on comparable condition.
I am planning a long road trip shortly after I find the right vehicle to do it in.

I have no photos to post at the moment, however will repost A.S.A.P. !

If you are interested or have a trade you may like to do feel free to email me with details!

Thanks!
If interested please call (813) 398-1845
Located in Brandon/Tampa Florida

3n03m23l05V35P25R6b86f386b65c748a13d3.jpg

I just added it to the FOR SALE catagory also with a few pics. I just took these pics today and need to shring them in size to make the look better.

I also just added it to Craigs List:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/2523114077.html

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=3396

Last edited:
yep, you're gonna need pics!
but if the miles are that low, and if its really in good condition, it might just be worth what you're asking.

also, what color interior and exterior?

The car is gold, factory paint and never repainted. It could use a good repaint with a few small spots on the body repaired. Nothing major.

It will need a set of tires pretty soon.

The ashtray cover needs repaired as I have read that many of them have issues.

The drivers seat has signs of wear but the rest of the seats looks great to me.

The air bag system is in good condition and I see no signs of any problems.

The motor and transmission run and shift excellent.

The exhaust is factory and sounds nice and quiet as a factory car should.

The stereo is a factory cd head unit and all workd great.

The diagnostic center and ac controls work great with no signs of problem.

When a check is done using the diagnostic center all reads OK

No cracks in the dashboard, door panels or rear side panels.

The headliner is nice and clean.

The AC will FREEZE you out!

I have replaced the Serpintine belt, tensioner and idler pully as there was a slight squeek when first started that I did not like.

The trunk is all clean and original!

All of the lights work except for the usual trunk mounted tail light, that I was in the process of making a repair on myself by opening up to clean and replace the NEON tubes with bright LED strips across the top inside and reflector to cover them as to light up the inside when the driving lights are on. "You can make that repair yourself if you wish"

I have been driving the car every day since I purchased it a few months ago.
I bought it from the 2nd owners son who purchased it for his parents from the original owners when they could not drive anymore. His reason for selling it was his mother passed and his father could not drive anymore. I bought it within 3 hours of him listing it for sale and he had MANY other calls but I was the 1st that he called when he got off of work that day and the 1st to make it there to look, drive and BUY!

Any other question, please feel free to asl.

Thanks!

James

P.S. The price is a bit negotiable.

Don't touch the neon if you want to sell it. You can get a Glitsch ballast for $100 that will repair the issue. The neon itself almost never goes bad.

Would you take a picture of the build sticker, on the drivers inside door jamb? That looks like a 1998 Spring Feature. There was no gold color in 1997.

Build sticker

I have taken a picture of the build sticker. Can't post it directly from my iPhone 4. Will have to post it later. I will verify that the date it 3/97 and the EXT PNT: BA . I looked it up and it is actually "Light Prarie Tan" in color. It looks gold to me!

Would you take a picture of the build sticker, on the drivers inside door jamb? That looks like a 1998 Spring Feature. There was no gold color in 1997.

I believe that it is more than just the ballast. It appears to me when looking at it that you can see where moisture has ran down inside of the housing on the rear. However, I do not know if the ballast is bad because there may be other damage inside the housing such as bad tubes.

Don' touch the neon if you want to sell it. You can get a Glitsch ballast for $100 that will repair the issue. The neon itself almost never goes bad.

I have sold my Lincoln Mark VIII to another member of this site!
Thanks!

Go figure, I had never seen your ad even though I avidly look for Mark VIII'S on the forum. I kinda feel bad about getting the car much cheaper than you posted it here but my father & I gained a friend. It was great meeting you & I wish you the best on your trip around the US. Keep in touch man.

My plan

No problem, The only reason that I let it go is I need to move on my plan to travel and post videos on my channel " http://www.YouTube.com/JamesWorley " and bring others stories to light. Yeah, I do not have as much money as I would like to have had to find the van that I want to travel in but I am sure it will happen somehow.

You got yourself a good car in that Mark VIII, I am sure of it!

I am still shopping around for a van.

Go figure, I had never seen your ad even though I avidly look for Mark VIII'S on the forum. I kinda feel bad about getting the car much cheaper than you posted it here but my father & I gained a friend. It was great meeting you & I wish you the best on your trip around the US. Keep in touch man.

Members online

No members online now.
Back