1996 Upper intake manifold gasket

Psychostang

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone out there that might be replacing the upper and lower manifold gaskets on there 1996 mark 8s, to a problem that I ran into. I ordered both upper and lower gaskets from advance auto, back in the middle of july. When I went to reinstall the manifold, I noticed the upper gaskets didn't fit right. So I took them back to advance and looked up the p/n again, for a 1996 model year. It showed the same gasket that I was given. Went to autozone and napa and they showed the same gasket. I believe all of these companies are on the same database, which is wrong. They show a 97-98 p/n gasket as fitting the 96. You must ask for a 1993-5 model year gasket. So if in the future, the parts person shows you an upper gasket that has square and round holes, with a babyblue double lip seal around the gasket circumference, it is for a 97-98 model year.

dude i wish i would of seen this post. i literally had this problem tonight. im so piiiisssed right now because of it. im out of a car for 2-3 days because i was given wrong information. i didn't find this out until i had the intake out of the car.

96 guys

All of us that own a 96 need to keep in touch closely on things like this.I was planning on changing out the IMRCs tomorrow and would have been screwed as well.Thanks a pantload for posting this little jewell.By the way I found the O rings and the O-tee-niney screws at ace hardware.16 screws and 5 O rings for about 8 bucks.Thats like a sore peter, ya just cant beat it.Oh and get ready for breaking the head off some of the screws no matter how careful you are.Ford has crimped the protruding screw ends to prevent them from falling out and being sucked down into the motor.To drill out the old screws you will need a number 50 drill bit and drill them nice and slow.I dont mean to highjack this thread but just to add to it.

Some times it is worth going back to FOMOCO for the gasket sets.

You got that right.The little plastic clips on the vacumn arms is just one of the reasons.Expensive yes, available yes.Try to find that at your local aps.These clips are only on the 96 cars as far as I know.

so i found a set of gaskets that i didnt have to wait 3-10 days for. Car quest of all people had them. wasnt felpro was victors. anyway. here is a picture showing the intake from my 96 mark viii and the gasket set that fits and the ones that dont. this way everyone can see what the deal is. Remeber the ms95925 is WRONG the ms95924. thats if your looking at felpro gaskets :)

100_0163.jpg

wow i have a set of 93-96 intake gaskets on the top of my toolbox brand new lol! been there forever. hey trippin, change that iac before you put the intake back on.

wow i have a set of 93-96 intake gaskets on the top of my toolbox brand new lol! been there forever. hey trippin, change that iac before you put the intake back on.

to late man its already back in. i do need some help with a serious issue tho. keep an eye out for my thread im about to start :)

Sorry that you didn't see this earlier. The wrong gaskets, actually fit 97/98 markvii's, and 96 thru 98 cobras.

Sorry that you didn't see this earlier. The wrong gaskets, actually fit 97/98 markvii's, and 96 thru 98 cobras.

ya it blows. hopefully i can get my money back from the guy on ebay. im going to reference this thread being how old the date is. and im also going to use the picture i posted as well as proof.

very constructive advise. I didn't need one but soon after I had IAC like symptoms so now I may need to re do it.

Members online

Back