1996 Air Ride Compressor Running after Switching to Springs

tacklebox

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This should be a quick question. Little background to make this helpful for future reference.

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

About 2 years ago I removed the air ride and switch to coils. Recently the air ride compressor is stuck on always. Only way to get it to turn off is to disconnect the battery. Just started happening after I drove it one day. Its at work right now so I don't have access to a jack, but I could bring one if I needed to disconnect the compressor in the wheel well. I figure the easiest thing to do would be to pull the fuse. (I did try the switch in the trunk, didn't do anything.)

Looking in the Ford shop manual:
On the power distribution block page. Position 20 50 Amp Maxi Red Circuit 175 (BK/Y) Air Suspension Compressor I would think to be pretty clearly the fuse I need to pull.

My question is:

1. Is there any reason this is a bad idea? Like something else runs off the same circuit?

Thanks!

I shut off the switch and pulled the relay and it hasn't run since, and that was a year ago. Shows on the message center "air ride switch off".

sounds like the relay is stuck on.
pull the relay and chuck it. fuse too if you want. i don't think it does anything else.

I unplugged one of the front solenoids, because they were zip tied up in my black car. That made the system hard fault and the compressor would not try to run.

This should be a quick question. Little background to make this helpful for future reference.

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

About 2 years ago I removed the air ride and switch to coils. Recently the air ride compressor is stuck on always. Only way to get it to turn off is to disconnect the battery. Just started happening after I drove it one day. Its at work right now so I don't have access to a jack, but I could bring one if I needed to disconnect the compressor in the wheel well. I figure the easiest thing to do would be to pull the fuse. (I did try the switch in the trunk, didn't do anything.)

Looking in the Ford shop manual:
On the power distribution block page. Position 20 50 Amp Maxi Red Circuit 175 (BK/Y) Air Suspension Compressor I would think to be pretty clearly the fuse I need to pull.

My question is:

1. Is there any reason this is a bad idea? Like something else runs off the same circuit?

Thanks!

You car is telling you something......it longs to have the air ride back.

Shows on the message center "air ride switch off".

Cut this wire under the glove box, behind the kick panel....or install air ride.

20121026_183631 (Small).jpg

20121026_183631 (Small).jpg

OR, you can pull the pin out of the connector, so that if you ever need to reinstall the system, you didn't cut anything. I hate when people just cut wires.

Members online

No members online now.
Back