1994 Mark VIII - Cooliing fan and A/C compressor don't come on

tgs1964

LVC Member
Reaction score
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
My cooling fan and A/C compressor won't come on. I replaced the VCRM and still nothing. Any ideas?
Also the turn signals work but the emergency blinkers don't. When I turn on the blinker switch, the turn signals and the brake lights quit, but the third brake light still works.

Did everything happen at the same time? Could be isolated incidents. A/C compressor won't come on because your fan isn't working. Question is why is your fan not working? If everything happend at the same time, Sounds like you definitely have a short circuit somewhere. I'm not the best when it comes to electrical crap but that's not my dept but be very careful.

Did everything happen at the same time? Could be isolated incidents. A/C compressor won't come on because your fan isn't working. Question is why is your fan not working? If everything happend at the same time, Sounds like you definitely have a short circuit somewhere. I'm not the best when it comes to electrical crap but that's not my dept but be very careful.

Yes, happened at the same time.

My cooling fan and A/C compressor won't come on. I replaced the VCRM and still nothing. Any ideas?
Also the turn signals work but the emergency blinkers don't. When I turn on the blinker switch, the turn signals and the brake lights quit, but the third brake light still works.

Turns out that it was the cooling fan motor going bad. Would still spin when tested, but was pulling too many amps for the circuit that it's on.

so it was blowing fuses? what makes it surge/pull too many amps? worn out bearings?

so it was blowing fuses? what makes it surge/pull too many amps? worn out bearings?

shorted/broken winding. degraded internal wiring. something causing an excessive voltage drop somewhere. usually something like that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back