'06 with Cobrastar-Looking for suggestions for another location

Where to mount ONE cobrastar emblem

• Stay Where It Is

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Just Higher But Same Area

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On Left Side Over "Lincoln" Emblem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Non-Listed Area (please anwer in thread)

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

01continental

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I could only afford one cobrastar so I used 3M double sided tape and mounted it on the rear of the car. I like it, keeps my sides clean. I am open for suggestions on another mounting locations with only one emblem. In the second picture notice my wife's '05 Sport V8 in the garage. My '06 has 48k miles and my wife's '05 has 49k miles.

Last edited:
I got a pair coming in for the front fenders but may not put them on untill i get new wheels and spoiler.

Looking for suggestions to only one cobrastar

With only one I had a hard time deciding where to put it. I guess if anybody has a suggestion I may relocate it.

IMO looks a little cluttered with the "LS V8." Maybe remove that? or remove the "Lincoln" on the other side and put the star there? or Remove the "lincoln" put the "ls v8" there and leave the cobrastar where it is now(maybe a bit lower)?

That emblem looks too busy where it is at. Maybe pop the V8 off and move it down there.

For myself I would have tried to get a second and put them on as fender badges. Other location that might look nice is replacing the star on the grill with it. Can't quite visualize if I like the idea of it being a hood ornament though.

Put it on the drivers fender for now, so you can see it everyday when you walk up to the car.

Save up some money and buy another one later for the other fender.

I was going to try to get 2 but my wife found out how much they cost and she lost her mind on me. She says it should not even be on the car. She thinks it would, probably, have been OK on the Continental I used to have. She knows the the '02 Continental had a cobra engine. She is learning about engines and told me since I did not have a cobra engine it doesn't belong on the car. She says the LS is too classy for the emblem.:(

I kinda agree that the cobra shouldn't be on there unless you have one. Or something insane like pinknuts. Having said that I would put it on the driver's side fender. Where the other guy a while back was putting the vintage V8 symbol.

LOL first of all the continental was and nowhere near as sporty as the LS. It only made 260hp and took 8 seconds from 0-60.

So the LS is more deserving of it.

Your right, the continental was not as sporty. The 2002 continental, the one I had, was really strong. It had a 4.6L with 4 valves per cylinder and had 275hp. I used a programmer and my ass dyno felt like around 300hp. There was was a HUGE difference after the programmer. It was only about 150lbs. more than the LS. Yes, that is true. you can look it up at Edmunds. The 4 valve 4.6L was only in the cobra, mark viii and the continental. The mustang gt only had a 3 valve 4.6. The only difference between the cobra and continental engine was the intake manifold. It handled OK because it had real time suspension control for the air ride. It was a VERY nice car but, after my wife bought her '05 Sport V8 I had to get an LS with the V8. I liked her LS so much I traded the continental that I only had for 5 months. I found a beautiful '06 LS with white ceramic pearlescent tri-coat paint and 44K miles that was only $12k. Not one dent or door ding. I financed with 3.4% interest. The continental was the best HIGHWAY cruiser I ever owned. I don't drive the highway very often. The LS is MUCH more fun to drive. By the way, after the programmer the continental CONSTANTLY did 0-60 in 6.8 sec. as measured by a performance meter. I can not remember the brand of the performance meter.

Last edited:
It was a G Tec performance meter and I did 5 runs. Several different reviews did 0-60 from 7.0 to 7.5. The 2006 LS gets in the low 6s from several sources. I just saw, on TV, a '69 Shelby Mustang with a big block and it only did
0-60 in 6.5 sec.

you should do some work and make it fit where the lincoln embel is on the rear surround, that would look awesome. Then ditch the rest of the badges

I was going to try to get 2 but my wife found out how much they cost and she lost her mind on me. She says it should not even be on the car. She thinks it would, probably, have been OK on the Continental I used to have. She knows the the '02 Continental had a cobra engine. She is learning about engines and told me since I did not have a cobra engine it doesn't belong on the car. She says the LS is too classy for the emblem.:(

maybe you should cut the leash and buy them anyways

The 4 valve 4.6L was only in the cobra, mark viii and the continental. The mustang gt only had a 3 valve 4.6. The only difference between the cobra and continental engine was the intake manifold.

The Mustang GT of the same time period had an iron block (Romeo or Windsor) 2v 4.6 - didn't get a 3v until the new shape in 05.

Two cars after the Continental got a 4v 4.6 - Mercury Marauder and Mustang Mach 1.

I don't know much about those late model Continental engines, but I do know that they had a different, FWD specific engine block. Continental also likely had a cast crank vs the forged unit of the Cobra. Likely plenty more differences that I'm not aware of - my Modular engine books generally gloss over the Continental engine.

My wife doesn't like the badge at all so she probably would be very pissed if I put any on the fender. I like the fender placement. She won't approve a 2nd emblem. I put it on the location it is on now without telling her. She noticed it within a couple of hours. She says LSs are too classy to put the cobrastar on. I will just have to place it somewhere on the rear area. You know how it goes, if she is unhappy I'm unhappy. She knows LSs. She owns a LOADED '05 Sport V8. You can see it to the left of my car in th above pictures.

If all else fails, remove emblem, drill and use as a key chain.

So how much are these things if you could not afford to get 2... and personally I don't think it belongs on the car the emblem really only looks good on the original and the Mustang cobra.

I think they stopped making them for now anyway. They are VERY high end and are better than OEM IMO. They go for $25-$30 each if can find them. I have seen a black cobra and black star and the one I bought is black snake and red star.

My wife doesn't like the badge at all so she probably would be very pissed if I put any on the fender. I like the fender placement. She won't approve a 2nd emblem. I put it on the location it is on now without telling her. She noticed it within a couple of hours. She says LSs are too classy to put the cobrastar on. I will just have to place it somewhere on the rear area. You know how it goes, if she is unhappy I'm unhappy. She knows LSs. She owns a LOADED '05 Sport V8. You can see it to the left of my car in th above pictures.

Not to offend you but your wife needs to worry about her car and not yours. The LS is a classy car but its the mods that makes it unique to each person.

I personally dont allows anyone to tell me what i can/can't do to my vehicle...my lady included. Why is she telling you want should go on your LS? Or are they both hers???

I think any LS is deserving of a cobrastar. Its a badass lincoln badge for a badass Lincoln car.

So how much are these things if you could not afford to get 2... and personally I don't think it belongs on the car the emblem really only looks good on the original and the Mustang cobra.

Ma man..... i couldn't agree more.

The OP gotta make a smart move and sell them to the Riviera owners and make some profit.

_ BOSS

Members online

No members online now.
Back