Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Violet
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
yeah I think I got it thanks

which of these wires can I use for a remote amp wire? hooking up amp with stock stereo also i'm planning on using the speaker wires as RCA wires to the amp

which of these wires can I use for a remote amp wire? hooking up amp with stock stereo also i'm planning on using the speaker wires as RCA wires to the amp

If you want the retained power use a booster on a speaker wire.

I wouldn't go Alpine for speakers. Then again, being an Audio enthusiast, I have expensive taste. :p

but if your looking for an easily affordable, Nice sounding, good clean set, then try these:

For the REAR DOORS:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-PRE...?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_3739wt_1397

They are 6 x 8 Drivers. Woven fiber, 1 -1/8 inch Soft dome tweeters. I personally bought a pair, and they sound great!! I run them in the Rear of my Grey LS, they handle ridiculous power and are CLEAN. $121 with shipping is a good price on them.

For the FRONT DOORS::
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-TS-...?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_1914wt_1397

This is more custom, cause you can place the tweeter where YOU like it. That's the way to go. Woven fiber drivers, soft dome tweeters, these will sound fantastic.

And Hey, if anyone tells you Pioneer sucks cause they're box store brand, they can always just drop $689 for 1 set of Focals that do the same thing. :rolleyes:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/165KRX2-FOC...851096286?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item416407a2de
Over Priced >_>

Lol at calling focals overpriced when they want $140 for a set of pioneers.

I have Focals. Never been more impressed with a speaker than these, and Im a huge sq guy

Lol at calling focals overpriced when they want $140 for a set of pioneers.

I have Focals. Never been more impressed with a speaker than these, and Im a huge sq guy

My buddy carries Focal as his high end line at his shop, on display. They're nice. I just don't justify that price vs sound.

Pioneer makes excellent equipment. My bro has a Premier 4ch with a ThD of .0008% on a 4ohm Load.

True Story Bro:
On my rear doors of my 05, Currently running: Audax 5.1/4 Woven Kevlar with a Peerless D27 tweeter.
I let a guy hear em (A Regular) at my buddies Audio shop, and he was Blown away. After I left, I found out (later) he went and asked my buddy what I was running, said it was the cleanest thing he ever heard.
I take that as a compliment considering Hes heard the Display speakers in the shop running Focal, Rockford Fosgate, Vibe Audio, and others.

Why I laugh, is that those speakers in my Rear door, mediocre Pro Audio from those companies.

I Just ordered my DYNAUDIO D-28 AF's off ebay (Paid 80 for the set, used).
Gonna run that in the fronts of my 05 with 6.5's Audax Aero Gel. This, in comparison to what im running in the rears, blows away my rear doors.
The guy thought my Kevlars with a D27 sounds good? Wait till he hears an Aero Gel on a D28 Dynuadio :D :D

My Cost: $75 for Aero Gel set (got em from a friend) and 80 for the Dynaudios. :)

My buddy carries Focal as his high end line at his shop, on display. They're nice. I just don't justify that price vs sound.

Pioneer makes excellent equipment. My bro has a Premier 4ch with a ThD of .0008% on a 4ohm Load.

True Story Bro:
On my rear doors of my 05, Currently running: Audax 5.1/4 Woven Kevlar with a Peerless D27 tweeter.
I let a guy hear em (A Regular) at my buddies Audio shop, and he was Blown away. After I left, I found out (later) he went and asked my buddy what I was running, said it was the cleanest thing he ever heard.
I take that as a compliment considering Hes heard the Display speakers in the shop running Focal, Rockford Fosgate, Vibe Audio, and others.

Why I laugh, is that those speakers in my Rear door, mediocre Pro Audio from those companies.

I Just ordered my DYNAUDIO D-28 AF's off ebay (Paid 80 for the set, used).
Gonna run that in the fronts of my 05 with 6.5's Audax Aero Gel. This, in comparison to what im running in the rears, blows away my rear doors.
The guy thought my Kevlars with a D27 sounds good? Wait till he hears an Aero Gel on a D28 Dynuadio :D :D

My Cost: $75 for Aero Gel set (got em from a friend) and 80 for the Dynaudios. :)

Don't have to convince me :D I'm a big fan of smaller companies for audio. Less overhead, less advertising, and more passion about selling a good product.

I used to sell Memphis Car Audio, Massive, Cadence, Phoenix Gold, Alpine, and Alphasonik.

I used to love my Memphis stuff until I tried out some Focals.. Still love memphis, but utterly impressed with my bottom of the line focals.

I paid $138/pair for their 6.5" components. I've never gotten so much midbass out of a speaker getting 75 watts before!!

Audax AeroGel with Phase plug. The AeroGel is patented by Audax (Made in France). Tiny woven little fibers, and then coated on the surface. But when you flip the driver upside down and look at the fibers, its amazing. These speakers will bring VOCALS to life!!!!!! I couldn't believe it myself. I run them in my home theater, and soon in my 05's front doors.

I Tested them against Seas drivers, Dynaudio, and several Kevlar Drivers. Of all of them, the Aero Gels truly brought Michael Buble (what I was playing to test) to life.

How I tested was in two towers, I equipped one with a different brand Driver, the other with Aero Gel. And swap out to compare. Had people sit back and close their eyes and I would A/B them with the drivers. My wife (among the tester subjects) actually jumped when I powered the Tower with Aero Gels. She said she thought Michael Buble was in the Room singing. LOLZ!!!!

hm170z18-neu.jpg

gorgeous Speakers. you can get them from Solen (if your in Canada) or Madisound if your in the states.

These ones are a Limited made, for Mission when Audax was owned by the Harem Corporation (not anymore now they are private invested). Mission Launched a high end, and used Audax and had them do a cracked effect to the clear coat, and an inverted surround:

hm170mn0.jpg

To be honest, I haven't a Clue. The drivers don't come with crossovers when you buy them as individual speakers.
I just buy the crossovers from 'The Speaker Shop' in Toronto. Frank (owner) has fantastic prices.

It's all custom. I build my own Boxes and finish (paint) Boxes my self. Depending on what tweeter I pair them with, I use different crossovers specs.

I found these to sound VERY good with a Seas 27TDC Tweeters. (considering you CAN'T buy D28's from Dynuadio anymore, only the randoms floating around off ebay).

If one wanted to build 2 towers for their living room set, Id recommend a setup as follows:
Seas 27TDC Tweeter on top, Audax Aero Gel 6.5 in the middle, and an Audax Carbon Fiber 6.5 for Low Mid response on the bottom, each speaker crossed over per intended.

You setup would like like:
seas27tdc.jpg

file_10_2.jpg

file_10_1.jpg

In my opinion, that ^ Setup, would easily sound better than most Klipsch, Boston Acoustics, And even lower end Dynaudio setups. And you would pay a fraction of what those companies charge, that is if you can build your own speaker box and solder crossovers on.

To my knowledge, I don't think Audax offers pre built systems in N/A. They just supply the raw Drivers. But i'd have to look that up to find if theres a supplier for a prebuilt. But wouldn't know their crossovers.

While I'm waiting on my new window regulator, I figured I'd spend some more money and piss my wife off.

I am yet to remove my door panel, however I put in my vehicle info (year, make, model etc) in sonicelectronix menu and this set popped up as one of the compatible units. I have an Alpine Type R 12" combined with a 1500w HiFonics Zeus amp running approximately 1000rms and the bass completely swallows my factory door speakers.

Can anyone with experience verify that this set will fit in place of my factory door speakers before I order them? I know they might not be the greatest, but I bet they're lightyears ahead of my factory junk.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...s-of-NVX-N-Series-NSP68-Coaxial-Speakers.html

those will fit right in, however you will also need two sets of speaker harnesses to make them a straight plug and play install (metra 72-5600)
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-72-5600-Speaker-Adapter-Vehicles/dp/B001OAB6BW

however, they will pretty much still get drowned out by your sub, the Type R is a pretty darn good sub and with that kind of power its going to be crushing loud, the rear problem here is that you need more power going to the door speaker so that they can keep up with the sub in terms of volume. really you should be looking into getting a 4ch amp of some sort. it will make a huge difference alone even if just to the factory speakers (with the exception of the base system, I probably wouldn't try to amp those at all)

just replacing the speakers will give you better quality of sound, but it wont do much to make you hear them better especially over the subwoofer.

Thanks for the adapter harness heads up Loud. And yeah, you're right. I honestly think I'm just going to drop tune the Type R to around 500rms, I'm getting a little bassed out anyways with 1k.

I also got a LS 04 but i got a 8 speakers.

Side Console - 2.5"
Front & Rear Doors - 6x8/5x7's (most 5x7's should come with the trim adapter)
Rear Deck Subs - 6x9's

The doors are actually have 5" woofer and 1" tweeter in there own enclose. The amp in the back is 85 watts and the console speakers are powered by a DSP with a internal amp. There all 4 ohms.

If i was going to replace the doors speakers i would have to maybe re-wire them, because the doors speakers are just getting vocals and little bass, because the rear deck subs are getting the bass only. which i would need to replace my subs there about to blow I could hear it when it hit the high. any suggestions for my subs?

I also got a LS 04 but i got a 8 speakers.

Side Console - 2.5"
Front & Rear Doors - 6x8/5x7's (most 5x7's should come with the trim adapter)
Rear Deck Subs - 6x9's

The doors are actually have 5" woofer and 1" tweeter in there own enclose. The amp in the back is 85 watts and the console speakers are powered by a DSP with a internal amp. There all 4 ohms.

If i was going to replace the doors speakers i would have to maybe re-wire them, because the doors speakers are just getting vocals and little bass, because the rear deck subs are getting the bass only. which i would need to replace my subs there about to blow I could hear it when it hit the high. any suggestions for my subs?

LSIsMyBeep, this is the twelve speaker system. You will get better help if you correctly refer to it this way. (Each door has two speakers.) Yes, this is the way that Marketing counts them, but it helps if we all use the same terms.

The rear subs are 2 ohms, not 4!

Soul, I'd be interested, (when you get them installed) to hear from you how you find the quality of those NVX N-Series NSP68 Coaxial Speakers. Looks like a decent price for all four.

the console speakers are powered by a DSP with a internal amp.

actually the radio has the DSP built in, and the external amp is just an amp

would have to maybe re-wire them, because the doors speakers are just getting vocals and little bass, because the rear deck subs are getting the bass only.

thats not how it works, there is nothing to rewire, the speakers wires run directly from the radio to the door speaker location, rewiring it will not change how it sounds... there is not much low bass coming out of them because the woofer is so small. the radio is sending full range sound to them. the radio does send out a Low passed signal to the sub amp as it is a full range amp.

any suggestions for my subs?

yes, loose the small almost factory subs for a good single 10" or 12" sub

but if you dont want a real sub, then I would go with one of CDT's 6x9 options like this, and then get a real amp.
http://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_components/subwoofers/cl69subcf.php

actually the radio has the DSP built in, and the external amp is just an amp

thats not how it works, there is nothing to rewire, the speakers wires run directly from the radio to the door speaker location, rewiring it will not change how it sounds... there is not much low bass coming out of them because the woofer is so small. the radio is sending full range sound to them. the radio does send out a Low passed signal to the sub amp as it is a full range amp.

yes, loose the small almost factory subs for a good single 10" or 12" sub

but if you dont want a real sub, then I would go with one of CDT's 6x9 options like this, and then get a real amp.
http://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_components/subwoofers/cl69subcf.php

Awesome thanks 1LoudLS, i will look into it on subs side, but for right now i'm just going to buy the stock subs from the dealer until i buy the full set.

Even though if i replace the door speakers with pioneers, do you think the sound will change or not?

Even though if i replace the door speakers with pioneers, do you think the sound will change or not?

of course it will, different speakers are made with different materials and will sound differently.

the key is, you dont want deep bass coming out of the door speakers, as they are not as suited to it as the subs are, ideally you want to keep the low bass out of them so that they can use they power more efficiently with less distortion and let the subs with more power handle all the bass.

Soul, I'd be interested, (when you get them installed) to hear from you how you find the quality of those NVX N-Series NSP68 Coaxial Speakers. Looks like a decent price for all four.

I will let you know. If it's warm enough this Saturday I will install the window regulator and all the door speakers.

Members online

Back