04 LS speakers

lking

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
how can i remove the 6.8 front and 6.8 back door speakers? does the 04 LS come with a speaker amp?

how can i remove the 6.8 front and 6.8 back door speakers? does the 04 LS come with a speaker amp?

They are actually 5X7. Remove the door panels. Depends on what system you have.

They are actually 5X7. Remove the door panels. Depends on what system you have.

a cd player and a tape player no whistles and no bells...probably the only thing thats powering the speakers is the radio no amp

thinking of replacing them with Alpine type S will this make much difference? anyone have Alpine type S the factoy speakers now distort at about half volume

Years ago in the 2000 I replaced the my speakers and added an amp. There is nothing wrong with the HU and I like the stock look. I put Polk components in the front doors (I mounted the tweeter on the trim piece opposite the mirrors), Infiniti Reference something-or-other in the rear doors and Pioneer 6X9 4-way somethings in the rear deck where the factory subs would go. I used a Rockford Fosgate 4-channel amp (don't remember the watts) to drive the speakers. I have the gain turned all the way down on the amp and the sound will still create a headache at higher volumes! If you want to retain the 10-minute delay you will need a remote power adapter (I used part number 55000B from Directed Electronics and spliced into one of the speaker wires) as the "timer" is in the factory HU. I imagine you would lose the 10-minute delay with an aftermarket unit, but I don't know.

Does that answer your question?

Years ago in the 2000 I replaced the my speakers and added an amp. There is nothing wrong with the HU and I like the stock look. I put Polk components in the front doors (I mounted the tweeter on the trim piece opposite the mirrors), Infiniti Reference something-or-other in the rear doors and Pioneer 6X9 4-way somethings in the rear deck where the factory subs would go. I used a Rockford Fosgate 4-channel amp (don't remember the watts) to drive the speakers. I have the gain turned all the way down on the amp and the sound will still create a headache at higher volumes! If you want to retain the 10-minute delay you will need a remote power adapter (I used part number 55000B from Directed Electronics and spliced into one of the speaker wires) as the "timer" is in the factory HU. I imagine you would lose the 10-minute delay with an aftermarket unit, but I don't know.

Does that answer your question?

not really I want to know how the four speakers 5.7s will sound after they are replaced with aftermarket speakers

I wanna if the difference in sound quality clarity and bass will be worth the time and money spent on replacing them I don't plan on adding an amp just the stock HU with aftermarket speakers like Alpine type s speakers or infinity

now if I were to add an AMP could I run the power/ground wire from behind the stock HU? or do I have to go to the battery? does the stock HU on my 04have rca wires? for an amp where are the speaker wires in can tap into the ones running from the HU?

speaker amps are small so I thinking if I could tap a power/ground speaker wires and RCA cable from the stock HU I could place the amp behind the headunit if there is enough space this would be a clean setup

For my 01 it was a night and day difference from the factory front's to a pair of 3-way 6X8 Pioneers.

Just put some in the rear doors and due to the design of the front passengers don't have much impact it doesn't help....but I'm sure the kids can hear the difference once they be quite for a min.

I don't have the rear subs.....I think the owner before me tossed it out for some aftermarket stuff....but I want it back...I have no need for big subs any more.

The stock speakers are crappy paper whizzer-cones. ANY aftermarket speaker will be an improvement! Get a quality speaker from a quality manufacturer and you'll be happy. Prior to the amp I replaced the speakers and that made a world of difference!

i just checked and i have the cut outs for 6 9s i just need to run wires

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1688.JPG

how can i get this clip off without breaking it?
IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1689.jpg

i just checked and i have the cut outs for 6 9s i just need to run wires

View attachment 828452662

View attachment 828452663

how can i get this clip off without breaking it?
View attachment 828452664

This
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-auto-trim-and-molding-tool-set-67021.html
or this
http://www.amazon.com/CRL-Clip-Zip-...51456388&sr=1-7&keywords=plastic+clip+remover

Don't worry about it too much. You can get replacements at just about any auto or hardware store. (You really aren't supposed to reuse them anyway.)

I wouldn't go Alpine for speakers. Then again, being an Audio enthusiast, I have expensive taste. :p

but if your looking for an easily affordable, Nice sounding, good clean set, then try these:

For the REAR DOORS:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-PRE...?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_3739wt_1397

They are 6 x 8 Drivers. Woven fiber, 1 -1/8 inch Soft dome tweeters. I personally bought a pair, and they sound great!! I run them in the Rear of my Grey LS, they handle ridiculous power and are CLEAN. $121 with shipping is a good price on them.

For the FRONT DOORS::
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-TS-...?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_1914wt_1397

This is more custom, cause you can place the tweeter where YOU like it. That's the way to go. Woven fiber drivers, soft dome tweeters, these will sound fantastic.

And Hey, if anyone tells you Pioneer sucks cause they're box store brand, they can always just drop $689 for 1 set of Focals that do the same thing. :rolleyes:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/165KRX2-FOC...851096286?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item416407a2de
Over Priced >_>

Also, running speakers on a HU is never a good idea.

1: HU's never provide more than 12 watts per channel.

2: Signal to noise distortion = ass

3: Amplifier operating in the same chassis as a processor, not a good idea. Consider the limited size of the HU's (even aftermarket is equally limited), your inviting noise and harmonic distortions to have a field day in your system.

Don't be a cheap ass. But an Aftermarket Amp and run the wires. Considering the Battery is in the trunk, you'll have an easy time. Just run the speaker wire from the DECK back, the RCAs and REM wire. you connect the speaker wire you ran to the factory speaker wire from behind the deck. No need to run wires from the Doors, just use the factory wires.

This amp here is hard to beat for Quality:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Amps-MER...9719857?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19d5b6f5b1

Also, running speakers on a HU is never a good idea.

1: HU's never provide more than 12 watts per channel.

2: Signal to noise distortion = ass

3: Amplifier operating in the same chassis as a processor, not a good idea. Consider the limited size of the HU's (even aftermarket is equally limited), your inviting noise and harmonic distortions to have a field day in your system.

Don't be a cheap ass. But an Aftermarket Amp and run the wires. Considering the Battery is in the trunk, you'll have an easy time. Just run the speaker wire from the DECK back, the RCAs and REM wire. you connect the speaker wire you ran to the factory speaker wire from behind the deck. No need to run wires from the Doors, just use the factory wires.

This amp here is hard to beat for Quality:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Amps-MER...9719857?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19d5b6f5b1

all wires are color coded which colors are the speaker wires?

which are the speaker wires for the rear door speaker

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

Should be white/violet and gray/white for the left. White and Gray (both solid) for the right.

Should be white/violet and gray/white for the left. White and Gray (both solid) for the right.

2004 Lincoln LS Car Stereo Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange/Black
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow/Green
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Green
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Yellow/Red
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Black
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Red
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Violet
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
yeah I think I got it thanks

I put cheep walmart speakers in mine and sounds great its not a bumping sys but it sounds great for under 150 bucks
took all of 30 min to do

I put cheep walmart speakers in mine and sounds great its not a bumping sys but it sounds great for under 150 bucks
took all of 30 min to do

do you have an amp? or just stock HU

the speakers wont fit in the speaker cut outs the black rubber parts of the speaker touch the metal frame the speaker gets choked...what to do start filing?

on second thought i'm just gonna get longer scews the speaker will hang a few MMs but that's ok I will duck tape around it

on second thought i'm just gonna get longer scews the speaker will hang a few MMs but that's ok I will duck tape around it

Ok if you have one of those flat mount T.V. wall mounts kicking around in a box?
Inside they provide some spacers, used to keep the mount off the wall but to screw through. you can use those spacers to keep the driver off the metal frame, yet have it secured and tightened.

Essentially, anything dowel shaped with a whole in the middle would be ideal here. Try looking around the garage? around the house? old drawers in cabinets .. you never know what you find. Be creative.

I used three 3 nuts on each screw between the speaker and the frame fitted perfect no need for duct tape sounds awesome six speakers is much better then four sounds like I have a surround sound system/ home theater system in my car

10155718.jpg

the speakers I used the sound from these speakers are very clear/bright like most infinity speakers

10155718.jpg

I used three 3 nuts on each screw between the speaker and the frame fitted perfect no need for duct tape sounds awesome six speakers is much better then four sounds like I have a surround sound system/ home theater system in my car

View attachment 828452735

the speakers I used the sound from these speakers are very clear/bright like most infinity speakers

So you just added rear deck speakers? Replace the door speakers also (assuming you haven't) and you will be well pleased with the stock HU. Tapes are what they are, but CDs will sound very nice.

So you just added rear deck speakers? Replace the door speakers also (assuming you haven't) and you will be well pleased with the stock HU. Tapes are what they are, but CDs will sound very nice.

correct i'm already impressed by the stock HU powering 6 speakers nicely I don't want to get to the other speakers for now i'm satisfied with how they sound but if I do replace them I will add an amp too and sound deadening on all doors

Members online

Back