03 LS Rescue!

Yeah it does,, man that was back in the day. I was still in tech school then. I didn't tell my instructors that i did that. A lesson in pain that i learned well and never repeated. Too bad I'm still an idiot and don't use eye pro the way i should. Once every couple years i have to get some iron drilled out of my eye. I'm sure you've been there too lol

haha too funny LLadnar. about 2 or 3 times a year i get metal in my eye. marcredd yes Cleveland ohio. im accualy in a Cleveland suburb. about 25 min south.

Are you shaving the handles? If not are you relocating the rear handles to the front of the door?

both swingin

426979_3348830241819_1300721952_33345258_475457750_n.jpg

Nice work. Be the first 2 gen to have suicide doors.:cool:

Few questions
What latches are you using for the rear doors to the b-pillars?
Where did you get your hinges?
How much were they?

Since you are doing a custom paint job. Shaving the body line and door handles will look good. Previous member shaved the bodyline and door handles. It looked wierd with a "blank" side profile. Silver LS thou. Also , you could still see the bodyline at certain angles.

Suicide LS 02.jpg

suicide LS 01.jpg

im using autoloc universal mono hinge for large cars with big doors. ill look later at what site i got them from off the web. they where $525 for 2 hinges. i hoping i can use the factory latches at the front of the door. save alil on $ that way. im still working on them and getting them all reinforced so they dont drop at all and gotta close them up first. bad weekend of running out of welding gas sat afternoon and then getting pulled over withouth my work privlidges on me!!! FTP!!

i havent gotten to the wiring yet but i gotta splice a few feet into each wire that goes into the door so i can run them through the back of the door instead of the front. alot of work to suicide doors but in the end it will all be worth it

He was last on LVC March 25th. Hasn't posted since Feb 27th. Hope the guy is okay.

Members online

No members online now.
Back